Author Topic: Pentagon training manual: white males have unfair advantages  (Read 818 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Pentagon training manual: white males have unfair advantages
« on: November 01, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »
... “assume racism is everywhere, every day”

"The subject of white privilege ... in a 20-page section titled, “Power and Privilege.” of 600-plus page manual used by the military to train its Equal Opportunity officers ... "healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian" men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns in great detail about a so-called "White Male Club."

“Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,” reads a statement in the manual created by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI).

The manual, which was obtained by Fox News, also instructs troops to “support the leadership of people of color. Do this consistently, but not uncritically,” the manual states.

... DEOMI instructors were also responsible for briefings at bases around the country that falsely labeled evangelical Christians, Catholics and a number of high-profile Christian ministries as domestic hate groups.

“Whites are the empowered group,” the manual declares. “White males represent the haves as compared to the have-nots.”

... “notice code words for race.” They are also instructed to “understand and learn from the history of whiteness and racism.”

“Assume racism is everywhere, everyday,” read a statement in a section titled, ‘How to be a strong 'white ally.'"

“One of the privileges of being white is not having to see or deal with racism all the time,” the manual states. “We have to learn to see the effect that racism has.”

... "status and wealth are typically passed from generation to generation and “represent classic examples of the unearned advantages of social privilege.”

... "the unfair economic advantages and disadvantages created long ago by institutions for whites, males, Christians, etc. still affect socioeconomic privilege today,”

... "whites are over-represented and blacks are underrepresented in positive news stories, that middle class blacks live in poorer neighborhoods than middle class whites and that even though there are more white criminals than any other race, the news coverage of black criminals is about equal to the news coverage of white criminals."

...“Rationalizations for Retaining Privilege and Avoiding Responsibilities,” ...  lays out excuses white people use.

“Today some white people may use the tactic of denial when they say, ‘It’s a level playing field; this is a land of equal opportunity,’” the manual reads. “Some white people may be counterattacking today by saying political correctness rules the universities or they want special status.”

... if “white people are unable to maintain that the atrocities are all in the past, they may switch to tactics to make a current situation seem isolated.”

They're getting their talking points from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Pentagon training manual: white males have unfair advantages
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 11:01:43 AM »
I want them all tracked down and eliminated.  They are racist, sexist bigots incapable of envisioning let alone fostering the color-blind society that Martin Luther King strove for.

How's that for back-in-their-faces?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 11:09:14 AM »
The military already has a gang problem so this will just make it worse.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
I simply cannot take anymore of this bullsh*t. What they see as "white privilege" is in reality "white man's burden". I'm fine with giving up my "privilege" and just let all these morons make it on their own. Go for it. They're doing a great job in Africa, Latin America, and Asia, after all. But I forget, that's my fault too.

We've said it before, but it bears repeating. The liberals' war is with reality. They cannot win that war. I just wish their inevitable defeat didn't take so long and drag so much down with them.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 01:21:23 PM »
Oh yeah, gotta love this part especially:

The manual, which was obtained by Fox News, also instructs troops to “support the leadership of people of color. Do this consistently, but not uncritically,” the manual states.

This is basically them ordering people to do something stupid, but then saying "hey we didn't say you had to do that". So, "not uncritically" eh? You mean like not doing anything about all the red flags thrown up by Maj. Hasan? Nobody said anything about his very troubling warning signs because they knew who would get dragged through the mud and it wasn't going to be Major Hasan.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 08:23:11 PM »
PLEASE....

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson