Author Topic: No Christmas Music For YOU!  (Read 1221 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
No Christmas Music For YOU!
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:48:05 PM »
New Jersey school bans religious Christmas music
By Todd StarnesTodd's American Dispatch
Published November 01, 2013
FoxNews.com

REUTERS

The angels will not be allowed to hark their herald nor will the little Lord Jesus sleep on the hay after a New Jersey school district announced a ban on all religious Christmas music.

Constance Bauer, the superintendent of the Bordentown Regional School District, posted a message online stating someone had been questioning recent musical selections for the elementary school Christmas concerts.

Pardon me, the school district calls them “winter” concerts.

My guess is that a perpetually offended left-winger became unglued when they heard that little boys and girls might be pa rum pum pum pum.

“Religious music should not be part of the elementary program(s),” Supt. Scrooge wrote in her anti-Christmas screed.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/01/new-jersey-school-bans-religious-christmas-music/?intcmp=latestnews
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: No Christmas Music For YOU!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 05:45:12 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, their hyper-secularism is itself a type of religion. It has all the same bigots, zealots, and radicals as any religion has ever had. I'd like a bit of relief from their nonstop proselytizing.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:10:18 PM »
Moving to "the Educators" section.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 07:33:24 PM »
Instead of banning the Christmas music.  Let's be fair.  Base the selections on the religious make-up of the students.  90% Christian then 90% Christmas music etc.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:51:17 PM »
I hated playing Christmas music when I was in the orchestra(violin) when in school as most of us were Jews but I've had a complete reversal 15 or so years ago when I realized just how many of the greatest composers in history dedicated so much of their work to Jesus and Christian themes.
I thoroughly enjoy all the classics both Christian and Jewish and even Islamic(exploding bombs)LOL.

The secularists, atheists or whatever they want to be called need to be called out and slapped hard for their belief, yes belief is as much as a religion as Christianity or Judaism. ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 12:00:56 PM »
Great, more Kwanza music...kids might as well stage a protest and tell these pagans to pound sand!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 08:16:50 AM »
 Okay no Christmas music --- I'll just watch the pretty lights then.........

2010 - Mannheim Steamroller - Deck the Halls
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 09:32:51 AM »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 09:10:42 AM »
Good singin'!   ::thumbsup::

For the previous clip...think that fellers neighbors think they live next to the Griswold's?   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 08:02:25 PM »
I have always wondered what these hyper liberals would do if:   since they were not Christians,  then Christmas would not be a holiday for them.   They would have to work that day,  not get a paid holiday or whatever.   

My guess they would not like that either.