Author Topic: Virginia Dem Calls For Forcing Doctors To Accept Medicare And Medicaid Patients  (Read 2303 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Everywhere but the southern border.  But they will have mines and guns pointed inward.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline whimsicalmamapig

what the lib/dems didn't realize is that Doctors, unlike most government workers/progressive-obsessives, are CAPITALISTS who run private businesses. they are not doctors to further leftist ideology. they are not like unionized public school teachers who are attached to the government teat.

for some reason the left envisioned doctors as happy participants in the department of health and human services, like the rest of the socialized government bureaucracy.

Wrong, they are, for the most part, in it for profit and will not cooperate with obamacare if it goes against their own best interests.

it just re-emphasizes how unconnected the progressive left has become from the realities of the world
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
We have a family friend who's about to lose his job as a RN because he's bumped up against Obamacare regulations that he thinks imperils his elderly patients.

On the other hand, I have a lefty friend whose daughter is a med student.  He thinks Obama is great.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

RickZ

for some reason the left envisioned doctors as happy participants in the department of health and human services, like the rest of the socialized government bureaucracy.

Well sure.  There were all these doctors in white coats standing with Owebama on the White House lawn praising OhGodIGotNoCare.  Doctors wouldn't lie, now would they?  As if they ever heard of Mengele.

Wrong, they are, for the most part, in it for profit and will not cooperate with obamacare if it goes against their own best interests.

I have to say that I don't think this is true.  I believe their wealth is a by-product of their love of their job, and that job is helping people in times of medical need.  My two cardios are well off, one more than the other (he has no kids while the other has two preschool young'uns).  They love their job.  People who love their job have a greater tendency to succeed, hence make more money, a chicken and the egg thing.  Now I'm not talking about the abortion mill docs or the like, but real docs dedicated to saving lives the best way they know how thanks to their training.

it just re-emphasizes how unconnected the progressive left has become from the realities of the world

Progressives have never been connected to the real world.  Everything is FantasyLand until the bills come due for them, like with the OwebamaCare health insurance premium increases.  [I'm all for providing health insurance for the poor, I just didn't think I'd be paying for it!]  They are true believers and think only bad things will happen to those Koch Brothers loving, poor people hating, evil rich white racist Rethuglicans who want to take away a women's right to 'choose'.

It's their priorities which have no basis in reality.  But it sure as hell makes them feel good.  After all, they got a participation trophy.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Looks like the time is ripe for dem's to pick up the student loans for all medical students in order to indenture more into the nightmare...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-05/next-obamacare-debacle-massive-doctor-shortage
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

unless a doctor is a staff member of a hospital or healthcare facility, his private practice is a small business and while he may be a humanitarian and give free care  etc. to those in need, he still needs to make enough to pay his expenses and a hefty malpractice insurance policy and have enough left over to live on, bare minimum. that is what most small businesses do too and he cannot imperil this by cooperating blindly with what the nutcases in Washington decide. he can move his very portable business to another country or work for a private healthcare firm that doesn't opt in to the obamacare system, but he won't go down just to keep obamacare alive.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson