Author Topic: kanye West's new flag  (Read 2861 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

kanye West's new flag
« on: November 03, 2013, 06:47:06 PM »
So kanye west has emblazoned a confederate flag on his jacket because he says the flag represents slavery and his new song is about slavery so he has commandeered the flag for his agenda.

from this we must conclude that the flying or display of this flag is now OK? anywhere in the US? or will only the presumed descendants of slaves be able to utilize this flag?

this is going to get weird, I can tell
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: kanye West's new flag
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 07:51:46 PM »
...and it's perfect, 'cause the Nigguh-in-Chief is well into the process of attempting to make us all slaves o' da' State.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:08:52 PM »
  If West was twice as smart as he thinks he is he would still be dumber than a box of rocks.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 08:23:47 PM »
John Florida, you may be correct in your assessment but sadly more americans aged 18-35 can tell you all about Kanye but virtually nothing about Edmund burke or Thomas paine.

I venture to say that many of that age group do not completely understand the meaning of the flag or the consequence of Kanye's actions
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 08:39:55 PM »
Sadly most American blacks are, politically, very much on the plantation still.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 09:45:06 PM »
I truly don't give a damn about what this slimeball does.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »
I agree, but if he should disparage a southern iconic image that represents fallen soldiers, it would be sad. I am hoping that some conservative group will make a parody of his song and jacket to turn it into an impotent gesture.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 09:58:45 PM »
I agree, but if he should disparage a southern iconic image that represents fallen soldiers, it would be sad. I am hoping that some conservative group will make a parody of his song and jacket to turn it into an impotent gesture.

Jim Bob, Clem, and Billy Joe can take care of this in a heartbeat.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 10:01:39 PM »

Aw jeez, you know how many times scum like him have pulled the same crap?  It doesn't disparage or diminish the icon, it exposes them for the sh*ts they are.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 10:14:29 PM »
Pandora, you know that but the 18-35 crowd that is mesmerized by the likes of the kardashians have little inner knowledge to draw from in making their judgements.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 10:21:49 PM »
So?  So what?  You think this is going to make some kind of conclusive difference in the scheme of things?  Meh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 11:09:45 PM »
if some effort isn't put into retrieving what can be retrieved out of these last few generations we may be the last best case for this country. I know there is an underlying level of fatalism on this site and that many seem to be prepared to sit back in their bunkers and await the apocalypse but just in case the other side can't muster enough energy to initiate the war, it might be just a slow slow slipping into a quasi-anesthetized, socialized stew that pleases none but lives on through the functioning bureaucracy, much like the years 400 ad - 1000 ad in Europe.

if kanye can win more to his side, that is a bad thing unless something is done to counter his actions
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 11:16:49 PM »
The only interpretation popular culture and the governmedia allow of the Confederate flag (and more generally all things associated with white people in the South) is the racist/bigot/pro-slavery narrative. Nothing done to the symbol by some rapper is going to change that one way or the other.

It's not even worth trying to rehabilitate the popular perception. We're living in the age of Idiocracy, and it's all become just so much casting of pearls before swine. It should be noted that the same reining intelligentsia that denigrates all things Southern has pretty much the exact same assessment of the US flag too.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 12:12:59 AM »
if some effort isn't put into retrieving what can be retrieved out of these last few generations we may be the last best case for this country. I know there is an underlying level of fatalism on this site and that many seem to be prepared to sit back in their bunkers and await the apocalypse but just in case the other side can't muster enough energy to initiate the war, it might be just a slow slow slipping into a quasi-anesthetized, socialized stew that pleases none but lives on through the functioning bureaucracy, much like the years 400 ad - 1000 ad in Europe.

if kanye can win more to his side, that is a bad thing unless something is done to counter his actions

I agree with the premise, but I don't think setting our sights on Kanye West is a consequential target. There are thousands of Kanye Wests in entertainment, and millions of Kanye West wannabes who buy it.

Until conservatives learn how to compete in entertainment, evil will continue to win the culture war. Knocking Kanye West down a peg won't do squat, and if knocking Kanye West down a peg is the goal, pointing at the hypocrisy of his use of the confederate flag isn't the best weapon.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 04:38:36 AM »
All the crap thrown out there by the ignorant and the race hustlers and grievance mongers is why I proudly fly the following:

It is the First National Flag of the Confederacy. To me, it's more meaningful since it was designed by a North Carolinian in Oxford, NC. In fact, there is a memorial at the county courthouse noting this little known fact. It was my avatar here, and is still in use as my avatar in other "places" as the BigAlSouth Flag.

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 05:38:25 AM »

I agree with the premise, but I don't think setting our sights on Kanye West is a consequential target. There are thousands of Kanye Wests in entertainment, and millions of Kanye West wannabes who buy it.

Until conservatives learn how to compete in entertainment, evil will continue to win the culture war. Knocking Kanye West down a peg won't do squat, and if knocking Kanye West down a peg is the goal, pointing at the hypocrisy of his use of the confederate flag isn't the best weapon.
That's a tall order. How do you compete against mindless violence and debauchery from so many that regard it as the standard not the exception? Sift out they who no better and regard the rest as trash, it's easier. Short of an appearance of the Christ, I doubt even that would get their attention. The left would crcify Him one more time for critiquing their chosen lifestyle.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 07:18:16 AM »
Until conservatives learn how to compete in entertainment, evil will continue to win the culture war.

Is it just me, or does that statement sound pretty pathetic? I realize the truth in that statement, but actually reading it has shocked me. Has the world really become just past time?  ::pullhair::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 07:51:41 AM »
Enjoy the sideshows...once the Great Reckoning enters center ring all will be sorted out the way it was always meant to be settled.

Prepare accordingly...or not...your call...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 12:52:21 PM »
Until conservatives learn how to compete in entertainment, evil will continue to win the culture war.

Is it just me, or does that statement sound pretty pathetic? I realize the truth in that statement, but actually reading it has shocked me. Has the world really become just past time?  ::pullhair::

In some ways, it has.  Progressives have salted their views in almost everything on TV, most movies, commercials; the schools, newspapers, magazines, everything.  Sometimes this past fall, some of the alphabet network series' agreed to include "support" for Obamacare in their episodes (particularly the medical shows).  Even on a lot of Conservative websites, because of googleadserve (or whatever it's called) you'll notice a rotation of progressive propaganda ads.

Include books/novels in that "everything"; the reason I stopped buying Stephen King's work.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 01:04:59 PM »
if kanye can win more to his side

He's not winning anyone to his side.  They're already there.  People who follow him aren't carefully debating his choices for his music and after considering it decide he's on target with his opinions. They have nothing in their noggins. If he says it, it must be so just like BO and anyone else who claims something that doesn't require them to think or do.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."