Author Topic: A Crack In The Wall  (Read 756 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
A Crack In The Wall
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:24:21 PM »
LINK

How Americans see President Obama changed in an important way this week. It’s because there is a huge difference between lies and bulls – - t.
Obama says a lot of things that are not true, even nonsensical. But it’s easy to shrug off most of these, because they aren’t really lies. They’re just bulls – - t.
Bulls – - t is airy, meaningless drivel, the stuff that campaigns are made of. Or it’s a misleading oversimplification with hidden qualifiers. Not only do we forgive bulls – - t, we like it. Especially suckers who have far too high an opinion of the importance and efficacy of politicians, people who hope casting a ballot is a way to expunge sin or join a noble crusade. “We are the ones we have been waiting for”? Not a lie. Just bulls – - t.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

Re: A Crack In The Wall
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
I think the crossing over from bull***t to lies could have gone un-noticed  much like his stand on Guantanamo, global warming etc but his last lie is going to effect people's wallet in a great way and that will not be tolerated.

It isn't the lie itself that will sink fauxbama, it is the encroachment into personal finances that will bring him down. No amount of democratic spin can put lipstick on this pig. this isn't even just a tax hike, it is a direct reaching into a private citizen's wallet.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »
The thing is, this is only coming as a surprise to these people because the media have been acting as the praetorian guard of the political Left since....forever. This unfolding disaster was easily predicted before this monstrosity was even passed by Congress in 2010.

We even had a presidential election in the intervening years, and the candidate responsible for this pain was re-elected by these people who are now complaining about it. Why? Because virtually the entire journalistic profession steadfastly refused to pursue any story, any line of questioning, that would have made obvious just what a debacle this thing was about to be. And that's the real story: we have a media that are for all intents and purposes propaganda agents of the Democrat party. That's the real story behind the entire ascendency of the Left in this country, in fact.

What am I getting at? Just to underscore the fact that the media are something more than news reporters who unconsciously allow editorial bias to seep into their work. They're far more than that. It's not editorial bias, it's deliberate and calculated manipulation of the public, while taking full advantage of the special protections afforded them by the very Constitution itself. It goes way beyond unintentional bias, they are waging psychological warfare, using weaponized lies, misinformation, and omissions. The apathy, decadence, and intellectual sloth of the citizenry can be given its share of blame, sure, but ultimately they've been denied the opportunity to make informed decisions.

If the media were enemy soldiers distributing propaganda leaflets and jamming our airwaves with their own transmissions it would be obvious what should be done about them. Might as well drop the "if" because that's pretty much what we've been dealing with for decades now. And the answer is going to have to be the same.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 12:20:17 AM »
I think the crossing over from bull***t to lies could have gone un-noticed  much like his stand on Guantanamo, global warming etc but his last lie is going to effect people's wallet in a great way and that will not be tolerated.

It isn't the lie itself that will sink fauxbama, it is the encroachment into personal finances that will bring him down. No amount of democratic spin can put lipstick on this pig. this isn't even just a tax hike, it is a direct reaching into a private citizen's wallet.

I think that you are close but are just a little bit short of the mark on this one.

Yes, it is true that DumbassCare is going to most definitely affect the amount of disposable income that certain people have but that, in and of itself, is not enough to do this thing in. After all, to many on the left, a lot of that money was ill gotten to begin with and if it is forfeited to DumbassCare then it is for the greater good.

My theory is that the thing that is going to send this thing to the bottom will be the soon to be premature deaths due to this law. I'm not talking about old people like myself (well, I'm not that old but I'm getting there) but rather the leftists themselves. When "the right kind of people...the good people" start to die because of bureaucratic incompetence and red tape and when those stories begin to accumulate in the media then it will be the beginning of the end.

President NotMe is already a death-dealing-warmonger for his targeted drone killings as far as the left is concerned. When he becomes Dr. Death via the incompetent delivery of healthcare it will be that much worse and harder to ignore. Think about it like this: A lot of people die every day in the US for any number of reasons. Some people are spared death because of our great healthcare system. Now, thanks to governmental incompetence that number (as a per capita) can only get worse. It will be impossible to ignore. There is a pre-death story in the WSJ right now about how a woman is being killed by DumbassCare. Now multiply her by a dozen, then a hundred, then a thousand. It is going to be bad.

Yes, having less money is bad but having DumbassCare kill your "fill in the blank with a friend or relative" will be much worse. Statistically, it won't take long before everyone will know someone who has been killed because of fundamental change. It is impossible for it to be otherwise.

Here is another way to look at this:

DumbassCare Disillusionment/Outrage Progression

1. The website doesn't work.
2. I lost my insurance that I liked and wanted to keep because of this law.
3. I lost my doctor that I liked and wanted to stay with because of this law.
4. I lost a staggering amount of money when I had to sign up for a new policy via the exchange.
5. I lost even more money when I had to use a doctor/hospital that was out of network.
6. I lost my "fill in the blank with a friend or loved one or myself" because of this law.

We are at #2 for most people who are, to date, affected. Some people, like the lady in the linked article, are at #3. A staggering number of people would already be at #4 if it weren't for #1. When we get to #6 it's all over.

Some people, due to #2, will skip right to #6 because they now have no coverage and will die before they can get replacement coverage due to #1.

Everyone has said, myself included, that King Putt is not impeachable because he is the first black presidentTM but Nixon and Clinton never killed US citizens. When the death toll starts to mount...who knows?

Oh, and one more thing...

To date we are merely dealing with those people, like myself, who had an individual policy. Next fall we get to see what happens on the group policy market. Some businesses will be forced to drop their group policies for any number of reasons but they will mostly revolve around money and math. How many? No one knows but it will be a lot. Millions more will be dumped into the exchanges and more than a few of them will not be able to afford the new "improved" plans any more than a lot of us. Should happen just before the election. Should be illuminating.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:43:04 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 12:35:13 AM »

All tax hikes are "a direct reaching into a private citizen's wallet."  Just most of the time, the taxes are not so visible, like withholding, sales taxes, gasoline taxes and the like.

What makes Owebama's 'you can keep your insurance' lie so bad is that the lie is so blatant.  People have relationships with doctors.  Cancelling insurance policies, having to pay more for a policy along with higher deductibles is right in everybody's face, and that makes Owebama's lies so egregious.  That the Dems are now pushing for delays for the individual will do nothing when the employer mandate takes effect next year.  If these progressive pols think there is kicking and screaming going on now against their policies, wait until next year.  On top of that, so many on the left have a mistaken understanding (what else is new for the left?) of the penalties they face for not having health insurance.  From the comment reading I've done, most seem to think the penalty is $95, but that's only half the story (the left being half-baked is a built in feature for them).  The penalty is $95 or 1% of your income (gross or net I don't know), WHICHEVER IS HIGHER.  The penalties get more draconian over the next few years with, ultimately, the unelected Direktor of the HHSS (Health & Human Schutzstaffel) setting the penalties.  That means the penalties could conceivably be 100%.  (Owebama's daddy wanted a 100% income tax in Kenya, and for a time he was a part of that country's government while he was alive, so the ACORN doesn't fall far from the nut, so to speak.)

Insurance cost sticker shock is not the only thing most people will see with OwebamaCare that pisses them off.  They will also experience the glories of waiting 6-9 months for a necessary MRI which might have diagnosed a cancer earlier and thus saved their lives.  While it may not be 'death panels' per se, the law is a death dealing law that many will experience first hand, like myself.  From what I've read, mammograms are being cut back as unnecessary.  (Tell that to my friend who is a breast cancer survivor; she will experience longer periods between them, contrary to what her doctor now prescribes.)  Does the Pretorian Guard media talk about a Dem war on women?  No, of course not.  But wanting women to pay for birth control (or guys to pay for condoms) and seeking sensible restrictions on abortions IS a war on women.  I think not only Owebama's credibility will be killed with his 'signature' law, but also the Praetorian Guard media will suffer due to their never ending blow job of Owebama, covering up his lies with their own lies of omission.

The elections in 2014 should be interesting, although VA's governor's race could be viewed as a harbinger of doom to come should Hilarity!'s man, McAuliffe, win.

[ETA:  I was typing my post while trap posted his.  Sorry for any duplication.]

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 12:44:44 AM »
Doesn't look like duplication to me.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 12:56:22 AM »
Hey, here's something interesting...

If you go to this wikipedia link about Medicare legislation see if you can figure out the one thing in Medicare's legislative history that isn't discussed.

Here is a hint:

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »
The thing is, this is only coming as a surprise to these people because the media have been acting as the praetorian guard of the political Left since....forever. This unfolding disaster was easily predicted before this monstrosity was even passed by Congress in 2010.

We even had a presidential election in the intervening years, and the candidate responsible for this pain was re-elected by these people who are now complaining about it. Why? Because virtually the entire journalistic profession steadfastly refused to pursue any story, any line of questioning, that would have made obvious just what a debacle this thing was about to be. And that's the real story: we have a media that are for all intents and purposes propaganda agents of the Democrat party. That's the real story behind the entire ascendency of the Left in this country, in fact.

What am I getting at? Just to underscore the fact that the media are something more than news reporters who unconsciously allow editorial bias to seep into their work. They're far more than that. It's not editorial bias, it's deliberate and calculated manipulation of the public, while taking full advantage of the special protections afforded them by the very Constitution itself. It goes way beyond unintentional bias, they are waging psychological warfare, using weaponized lies, misinformation, and omissions. The apathy, decadence, and intellectual sloth of the citizenry can be given its share of blame, sure, but ultimately they've been denied the opportunity to make informed decisions.

If the media were enemy soldiers distributing propaganda leaflets and jamming our airwaves with their own transmissions it would be obvious what should be done about them. Might as well drop the "if" because that's pretty much what we've been dealing with for decades now. And the answer is going to have to be the same.

Agreed, until the Old Gray Hag and every other media outlet comes to the correct conclusion the Post did this is just pissing into a hurricane...

All sappers in the leftist camp will be held to account one way or another.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 09:10:38 AM »
The media is, as the original post indicates, heading for the exits. First cracks then big chunks will fall and then the whole thing comes down pretty quick. With the employer mandate to kick in prior to next November I just don't see how this whole thing doesn't come apart. And that is if it doesn't come apart even sooner.

We are only a month into this thing and are at the #2 mark on my list. I will say that by the end of this week or next there will be a flood of stories about people losing their doctors and being denied care because of a lack of a policy. So...more cracks in the media wall to follow.

Perhaps a war with Iran might be in order.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 09:29:19 AM »
I never assume the best case scenario, and I assume most here, don't.  If this happens I will eat my words, and wouldn't be happier doing so.  But I will never stop preparing for the worst.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 11:31:20 AM »
I never assume the best case scenario, and I assume most here, don't.  If this happens I will eat my words, and wouldn't be happier doing so.  But I will never stop preparing for the worst.

Amen!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 11:38:27 AM »
This guy has it right...Obama & the Dem's just want him to die, it is the most cost-effective result for OdumbassCare's primary goal.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304527504579171710423780446