Author Topic: Feinstein Kicks the Fourth in the Face with Obscene Intelligence Bill  (Read 391 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Feinstein Kicks the Fourth in the Face with Obscene Intelligence Bill
3 November 2013    / 37 Comments

More evidence Congress is in bed with the spooks and the underwear drawer sniffer brigade.

On Friday, we learned that constitutional traitor and control freak gun-grabber Dianne Feinstein’s FISA (secret court) bill was given the thumbs up by the Senate Intelligence Committee. The legislation will give a blank check to the Stasi mutants over at the NSA.

Julian Sanchez at CATO gives us the skinny:

The bill for the first time explicitly authorizes, and therefore entrenches in statute, the bulk collection of communications records, subject to more or less the same rules already imposed by the FISA Court. It endorses, rather than prohibits, what the NSA is already doing. Moreover, it imposes those restrictions only with respect to bulk collection of communications records—which is dangerous, because it signals to the FISA Court that Congress implicitly endorses the use of Section 215 to collect other records in bulk without comparable restrictions. (The key phrase “acquisition in bulk,” incidentally, does not appear to be given any concrete definition.)

http://minutemennews.com/2013/11/feinstein-kicks-fourth-face-obscene-intelligence-bill/#jc2jLxbKpfHbfSqG.99
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Feinstein Kicks the Fourth in the Face with Obscene Intelligence Bill
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
What is it about "Foreign" in FISA that these fcks don't understand.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 05:39:29 PM »
What is it about "Foreign" in FISA that these fcks don't understand.

What is it about "Commerce" in the Commerce Clause they don't understand?  They, of course, understand perfectly well. They understand that they have not been made to adhere to a modicum of intellectual honesty, so they proceed apace.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 07:55:36 AM »
Wake me up when the shootin' starts, that is if it starts somewheres I ain't!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.