Author Topic: This NFL thuggery is going on ....  (Read 1393 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: This NFL thuggery is going on ....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 11:17:50 AM »
Richie is "Obama Ready"...noamsayin?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »
What the hell's with all the ugly tattoos on sports "figures"?
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:15:38 PM »
OK, granted Icognito is a dickweed and a bully. But is the NFL suddenly a group of 12 year old girls? Bullying? These are grown men, right? This is the topic of national discussion? I guess I missed the part where Martin was being beaten, gang raped and sodomized. Everyone knows that stuff needs to stay in the prison system where it belongs.

Yes, I get it- Icognito is a deranged psychopath and shouldn't be playing. But apparently my drill sergeants were too. At least by today's standards. So why am I hearing about a grown man running home to mama and complaining that "Richie was mean to me"?

Are we really sure this kinder, gentler society thing is working out the way we wanted? Or are we just becoming weaker and more dependent upon "authority" to sort out our problems for us?

With all the tyrannical abuses of government power going on, why am I getting Richie Incognito on in my morning news?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 09:43:16 PM »
OK, granted Icognito is a dickweed and a bully. But is the NFL suddenly a group of 12 year old girls? Bullying? These are grown men, right? This is the topic of national discussion? I guess I missed the part where Martin was being beaten, gang raped and sodomized. Everyone knows that stuff needs to stay in the prison system where it belongs.

Yes, I get it- Icognito is a deranged psychopath and shouldn't be playing. But apparently my drill sergeants were too. At least by today's standards. So why am I hearing about a grown man running home to mama and complaining that "Richie was mean to me"?

Are we really sure this kinder, gentler society thing is working out the way we wanted? Or are we just becoming weaker and more dependent upon "authority" to sort out our problems for us?

With all the tyrannical abuses of government power going on, why am I getting Richie Incognito on in my morning news?

Just to simplify it, he was "offended". End of story.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 10:15:13 PM »

No, not simply offended and not end of story.  Did you read about the voicemail Richie the jagoff left for his victim?  Did you read that this was not a one-off, that these other players were being extorted out of massive sums of money?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 06:25:14 AM »
So 'educators' say; "Oh, you can kick a ball, pass a ball, throw a ball, bounce a ball ... well you can go to school, not learn anything, but you better put asses in the seats, and we'll look the other way.  Then go to college for nothing, be pampered, we'll give you passing grades, but you better put asses in the stands.  On graduation you'll make millions as a 'pro', do drugs, get DUI's, raise hell in bars, we'll look the other way because you but asses in the stands and we are all making money.  The public idolizes you beacause you're playing games and that is all that counts.  But if you aren't a jock - well there's always Hollyweird -- just remember the above still applies - asses in the seats.  Oh and females in Hollyweird, you know the extra drill that society will overlook as long as you -put asses in the seats.  Hasn't America become great-----We have achieved dumbing down society.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 06:55:23 AM »

No, not simply offended and not end of story.  Did you read about the voicemail Richie the jagoff left for his victim?  Did you read that this was not a one-off, that these other players were being extorted out of massive sums of money?

Yup.

There are two stories here...first, this clown is a psycho who should be incarcerated, along with members of his posse who participated in this shakedown...but really how is that any different than what the Justice Bros or Obama & the Dem's do?  Sure the latter jackasses are much smoother about it and hide behind government and womens skirts, but in effect their end is the same as this assholes...and second, the best way to treat a bully is to kick its ass until it no longer has a desire to try to screw with you.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.