Author Topic: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare  (Read 37333 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2013, 05:34:15 PM »
yes, I think the LL always thought it was going to be for other people.  Like my liberal lawyer friend who so arrogantly observed one day to me that something must be done about health care for all those people. I'm pretty sure he thought it would be all the uncaring conservatives who's be paying for it and not him.
They had no beef about a small "donation" to be made to the poor to get their "insurance" but this sh*t totally different, the "donation" is super high as in 300-400% more with super high deductibles(may as well not have the insurance and pay cash until something seriously happens. Of course the govt will begin to punish anyone paying in cash or accepting it for services rendered. It's most definitely a fustercluck.

The insurance companies that help institute this disaster will die a speedy death and good riddance to them and their millionaire stock holders, however, the market may reset if we allow it barring interference from any government. God forgive me, I hate them all.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
Hey, time for a schadenfruede pallate cleanser. Either that or it's going to make you throw up. But I'm guessing not. You have to remember that these idiots were 200% behind DumbassCare...

Some more unintended humor...

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »
And why can't this mess be fixed? Here's why.

Millions of people are facing those cancellation letters. Ideally, we could just say, never mind––let these people simply stay on their current policies. But here's maybe the biggest irony in this whole mess. The Obama administration may not be ready for Obamacare but the insurance industry is. The health insurance companies spent the last many months rolling their old policies off the books and replacing them with the 2014 Obamacare compliant products––Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

Cancellation letters have been sent. Their computer systems took months to program in order to be able to send the letters out and set up the terminations on their systems. Even post-Obamacare, the states regulate the insurance market. The old products are no longer filed for sale and rates are not approved. I suppose it might be possible to get insurance commissioners to waive their requirements but even if they did how could the insurance industry reprogram systems in less than a month that took months to program in the first place, contact the millions impacted, explain their new options (they could still try to get one of the new policies with a subsidy), and get their approval?

The Obama administration told the carriers to be ready on October 1 and they are ready. You just can't waive a magic wand and put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Read the whole thing so that you know what they are up against.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 07:37:19 PM »
Another young one...almost certainly an ObamaVoter since she doesn't deny it and you know that she would if she could...starts bitching and moaning about what a raw deal her generation is getting under DumbassCare:

Thanks to a key provision, insurers must charge older Americans no more than three times what they charge healthy younger adults.

As a result, insurance costs are soaring for the young. In 45 states and Washington, D.C., young adults will find that their premiums have risen since Obamacare's implementation, according to an October study by the conservative Heritage Foundation. And in most states, we're not talking about the kind of slight increases that could be offset by forgoing a couple of lattes a month. Instead, these increases are enough to make young adults squeeze in another roommate — or maybe even move back in with Mom and Dad.

Obamacare requires better coverage than in the past, which also explains the higher premium. But young adults don't need the added costs. In Arizona, the average monthly premium for a 27-year-old is expected to soar to $261.87 a month, up from $102. It's the same story in other states, including Georgia (where monthly premiums are increasing by $165), Illinois ($133), Michigan ($138) and Vermont ($216).

Sure, older adults may be unsympathetic to our dilemma. And a new study suggests young adults might not be such a bargain after all because of possible high mental health costs. But we have far less money than our older counterparts.

Ah, to be young and stupid again.

It is to laugh.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:40:33 PM by trapeze »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 07:44:42 PM »
But we have far less money than our older counterparts.

Ah, to be young and stupid again.

It is to laugh.

Everyone always thinks they're the exception.  She has no money because she's young sooo she deserves sympathy.

Welcome to reality, honey.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2013, 10:34:31 PM »
LINK

So this is from HotAir. Their piece links to a subscriber only page at the WSJ so it's not all that good but the bottom line for this thing is that less than 50K people have signed up nationwide as of pretty much right now. They were supposed to have an attainable goal of 40K people signed up PER DAY.

This is pretty much horrible news for pretty much everyone. Well, everyone who isn't very young and healthy because what it probably means is that we are watching the beginning of the death throes of the health insurance industry and to a lesser degree the medical industry. There is simply zero way to recover from this.

There may not be any heads rolling in the O'Bongo admin (because, hey, no one there ever gets fired for anything except maybe leaking stuff without permission) but you have to believe that there will be some pretty big and high profile firings at the nation's health insurance companies. I mean, seriously, everyone is going to end up out of a job on this one. They gambled everything on this and now they have bought the farm. They trusted the best and the brightest, led by the magic negro and his Iranian bitch queen and found out, much to their growing dismay, that they are, in fact, idiots.

I have said this before...the ACA is like a big dinosaur turd dropped in the middle of a pond and the ripples are going out in every direction and no one knows what is going to happen now. We are in uncharted territory. I mean it...the USA has never killed off an entire industry before. Not on purpose. And you can say that this wasn't on purpose but it really was. There was no reason to go here but they did. And now, because of gross incompetence in the legislative, executive and even the judicial branches of the US government we are about to see a crippling lethal blow to the entire health insurance industry and, again to a lesser degree, the medical industry.

The health insurance industry is dead. They may not know it yet but they are dead. You just can't get out of the mess that they are in. They are well past the tipping point and they are going down. It is like that scene in Titanic:

So now the only questions that I have (and haven't a clue yet about the answers) are about where it goes from here. I suppose that the Fed can print up enough money to bail the insurance companies out but then what? No one is going to sign up for this mess. They can't afford it now and with all of the sick and elderly on board the premiums for everyone else will necessarily skyrocket...the death spiral will happen with or without a bailout. But who knows? I don't. I can throw out a few possibilities (and I have) but the operative phrase here is, "your guess is as good as mine," as to where this goes. It's going to be literally out of control in a few weeks...no one will be able to stop it or even influence what happens then.

This truly is the scandal to end all scandals. Bill Clinton should be happy that no one will remember any of his scandals when this thing starts crashing all about in earnest.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2013, 02:00:49 AM »
Meanwhile, Oregon has reportedly shelled out $6 million for this ad...

Did I ever mention that I really don't care much for hippies? I did? Oh, yeah...I guess I did. Well, anyway...care to guess how many people have enrolled with DumbassCare to date in Oregon?

It's less than a thousand.

It's less than a hundred.

It's less than twenty.

Yes, it's zero.

None.

Quite the return on investment, wouldn't you say?

RickZ

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 05:05:24 AM »
Isn't Oregon the only state with legislature approved legal medical suicide?

I'm quite surprised they haven't had tons of enrollment for OCare, seeing as how death of the populace is the goal.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2013, 06:44:54 AM »
Isn't Oregon the only state with legislature approved legal medical suicide?

I'm quite surprised they haven't had tons of enrollment for OCare, seeing as how death of the populace is the goal.

They should welcome the Death Panel. I'll even volunteer.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 07:55:58 AM »
They're ditching millions.  50,000 have found new.  Even if they want, those millions can't sign back up by, what, December 15?

Not...gonna...happen.

::popcorn::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 08:03:40 AM »
Our own MN-Schtupp ad's on radio and TV are pathetic...Paul Bunyan, Babe the Blue Ox...how cliche, how utterly stupid!  I wouldn't be surprised if the next lame-assed crap they pull is using the Peanuts characters to pimp this scam!!!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 10:04:49 AM »
I would think ERs are going to be overrun with people without coverage.  That's been a problem but I can see how it would be even worse now.  If you have no insurance now and need help where are you going especially if you never had a regular doctor you visited?  That could get real ugly, real fast especially since the free stuff crowd still expects their free stuff. They aren't going to understand there's no free stuff.

People with coverage are going to discover their companies at some point won't be able to cover their expenses. A lot of people are going to be owed money that won't get paid.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 10:51:35 AM »
ObamaCare:

"Life's a Glitch...& then You Die"
(Our death-panels guarantee it!)

#AndThenYouDie

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:02:13 AM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 12:00:10 PM »
Slick Willie to Obama (paraphrased): "Prez Hector Elizondo...er, Obama...fukced up, uhh, should fix the fukc up that happened, even if it means swallowing his ginormous ego, umm, I mean trick the GOP House Republicans using those fools in Senate GOP caucus again, and uhh, change this thing so folks getting policies dropped as a result of ObamaCare, er ahh, the ACA Congress passed in the dark of night, umm, rather with bipartisan support, and stop these pissed off people from attacking us, er, aim them back at the GOP, so we can get back to business as usual and fukc up another segment of the economy, umm, do the people's work."

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/11/bill-clinton-obama-should-keep-his-commitment-let-americans-keep-their-insurance-video/

Seriously, has this been walked back yet?

::unknowncomic::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »
I think Bill's setting up the dutiful little woman. 

::thinking::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »
I think Bill's setting up the dutiful little woman. 

::thinking::

yep

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »
My personal opinion about Slick is that this is payback for O'Bongo playing the race card against him during the first campaign. Clinton never forgets stuff like that and is very patient about exacting his revenge. This looks a lot like that.

What Clinton has done is give just about any Democrat political cover to attack DumbassCare and an awful lot of them are looking for an escape hatch right about now. Feinstein came out for Landrieu's bill today with the news that CA has a million policy cancellations on the books to date.

The thing is...with each new legislator moving in that direction the political cover just gets bigger so look for an escalation in the next couple of days.

And Slick started it with this little insignificant interview on a website that no one has ever heard of before. And that was intentional, too. Slick didn't want to cause any trouble for his media buddies by making such a statement on one of their outlets. But once it's out there the MFMs can then dutifully report it...which they have done and are doing...I started hearing it on the radio about mid afternoon.

Slick has identified DumbassCare for what it is, a tar baby, and he wants to make sure that it sticks to O'Bongo and that it becomes more and more of a solo act by giving legislators political cover to desert the dumbass in chief. Not that that will help them in the midterms but Slick doesn't care about that, either. The Clintons are in it for the Clintons.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2013, 07:22:38 AM »
Right.

And the Pubbies will go along with the legislative fix and hail it as a huge win and expect massive legislative gains in 2014 and a clean sweep in 2016...

I don't see a massive gain in 2014 but more of a middling split that keeps the status quo...and when they get out-manunevered in 2016 they'll just blame conservatives, the Tea Party and Libertarians again.

And we'll be stuck with the Bloody Bitch of Benghazi as POTUS.

This admission that ObamaCare was a lie and a scam from the get-go should not be wasted away to keep ObamaCare in place...it should be used to entirely repeal it and beat the Left into submission!

Anybody really see the latter happening?!  I'd really like to see it, I'd really like to support it and heck yeah I'll scream it at them...but...

Somebody throw me a lifeline here?!

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2013, 05:13:27 PM »
Right.

And the Pubbies will go along with the legislative fix and hail it as a huge win and expect massive legislative gains in 2014 and a clean sweep in 2016...

I don't see a massive gain in 2014 but more of a middling split that keeps the status quo...and when they get out-manunevered in 2016 they'll just blame conservatives, the Tea Party and Libertarians again.

And we'll be stuck with the Bloody Bitch of Benghazi as POTUS.

This admission that ObamaCare was a lie and a scam from the get-go should not be wasted away to keep ObamaCare in place...it should be used to entirely repeal it and beat the Left into submission!

Anybody really see the latter happening?!  I'd really like to see it, I'd really like to support it and heck yeah I'll scream it at them...but...

Somebody throw me a lifeline here?!

This is exactly how it will go Libertas.  Republicans at best, will pick up a few seats in the House in 2014,  it won't be earth shattering at all.   The senate will remain in Democrats hands,  maybe a seat up or down.   I think Republicans have little chance at regaining the Senate or getting a worthwhile majority in the House.    The Obamacare mess will result in very little loss for Democrats in Congress.   

If there would be a blowout,  it will be the other way,  Democrats regaining the House and picking up a few seats in the Senate to take a bigger majority.    It shouldn't be possible with the mess they have made,  but in this political arena,  they may make out very well or at least not lose too much.    Elections are still a year away,  the Obamacare mess will die down no matter how bad it makes things.   The media will lose the little attention they have with it,  or Democrats will manage to flick the blame to big bad insurance companies and their Republican buddies,  changing the narrative.   They will get out the low info voters in droves to protect Obamacare from evil rich Republicans.       

Lets say Republican pick up a few seats in the House and Democrats keep the Senate.  Basically the status quo.   There will be some minor "fixes" that won't really fix anything.    The Republicans will claim victory, and think they will be rewarded at the ballot box,   but the majority of Obamacare remains,  and then they put up a lame candidate in 2016 (like Christie).    Then Hillary becomes president likely with a Democrat Congress to boot.   

Meanwhile Barry gets to replace another member of the Supreme Court (either one of the oldest liberals with a young liberal or replacing yo-yo Kennedy with a young liberal),  ending any hope of the court cutting down Obamacare with Obama still in office.    Hillary then gets some chances at replacing justices then too,  likely getting to replace a older conservative with a young liberal.   That will be the end of the so called "conservative" court.  Roberts then will spend his career writing minority opinions as the liberal court rewrites the remaining constitution with something nobody here would recognize. 

Then it won't really matter if conservatives ever win the White House or Congress,   liberals will run the country via the Supreme Court since we wouldn't be able to vote them out.   

The Obama regime would last decades owning the court,  even if he leaves office peacefully in January 2017.   

The options are not good,  and I don't see Republicans pulling out of this political suicide.  Establishment Republicans seem hellbent on throwing the tea party and other conservatives to the curb.   When the tea party and conservatives are  gone for good,  they will never win another election.   Who do they think will vote for them?   Democrats may like McLame,  but they will NEVER vote for him.   Why would they when they could have a real Democrat.   

And I don't see the tea party and other conservatives and libertarians getting a real new party going in time to stop the liberal dictatorship.    I think it would take at least twenty years to get a new major party going,  and we ain't got twenty years.   

Things look very very bad.   I hope I am wrong,  and people at least vote for the lame Republicans to slow the decline,  but the end result is likely the same.   

Conservatives may be the majority,  but they don't control a major party,  and have very few people to vote for. 

That is a political question that should be answered.   How has the majority of the country been ignored so long with so little political consequences for politicians?   

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2013, 05:22:20 PM »
Every pinnacle gives way to another pinnacle. It's never ending for this SOB.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.