Author Topic: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare  (Read 37326 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2013, 06:22:17 PM »
And I don't see the tea party and other conservatives and libertarians getting a real new party going in time to stop the liberal dictatorship.    I think it would take at least twenty years to get a new major party going,  and we ain't got twenty years.   

Things look very very bad.   I hope I am wrong,  and people at least vote for the lame Republicans to slow the decline,  but the end result is likely the same.   

Yeah, that won't happen, because the dollar will have collapsed and lost reserve currency status by then. There is no way the world's financial house of cards is going to remain standing another 10 years much less twenty. When the dollar goes, so does Federal power if they don't have a police state in place. 
And even if none of this happens, the US will decline into 3rd world status because that is what Communism does , every time, as Venezuela is trying to prove yet again,   and the Fed will loose power simply because it has no revenue ( which contributes to problem one- the dollar killing debt)  In the 3rd world, you don't pay taxes..you bribe the tax man.  You don't go to jail,  you bribe the police. All govt positions turn into methods to shake money out of people. The rule of law dies. The police help only the rich, and many will be free to "explain" to the leftists why they were wrong using blunt trauma.  Their battle, as always, is with reality. Their "dictatorship"  will fail for the same reasons such systems always fail.

You are correct there is no political fix to this. The point of no return has been passed financially.  The Democrats can rule in the last days if it pleases them. They will only make things worse faster - and at that point, that is what we want.  Let it burn.  I want to see them driven before the reality they have created and hear the lamentations of their women.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:39 PM »
Wow.

I can't possibly disagree more, richb. Not that we don't have more than a few reasons to do the full on eeyore.

We do.

I mean, we need only look as close as the GOP leadership and its obstinate death wish to cling to repeatedly proven losing strategies to see more fail on the horizon.

The thing is, though...we have a secret weapon and that weapon is DumbassCare. We still can't run on nothing but all we have to do is say that we want to repeal the damned thing and that should do it. Anything else (and I do mean practically anything) is gravy. And that's because going into 2014 and most certainly by 2016 the voting public is going to be ready for anything at all that 1) gets rid of DumbassCare and 2) isn't DumbassCare.

The Democrats own this.

And I do believe that it is a serious mistake to pay more than lip service to "fixing" it. Fixing DumbassCare should be a political move only with no actual results. The GOP needs to be seen as sympathetic to the idea of reducing or eliminating the pain but that's as far as it should go. DumbassCare is a solely owned subsidiary of the Democrat party, it's radioactive and they should be saddled with it for all of eternity.

And it's not going to get better. It is going to get worse. A lot worse. It can't be fixed and if the Democrats ever get to the point where they cry, "uncle" and decide to repeal it themselves even that won't make things better. I stand by my claim that we (as a nation) are in uncharted territory now and that no one knows where this will go or where it will end up. The only thing that can be said is that there will be damage done all along the way. It is inevitable.

If you could snap your fingers and magically make things suddenly go as well as possible for the Democrats to extricate themselves from the tar baby it would go like this: Tomorrow the president comes clean, apologizes profusely and sincerely for everything and resigns from office with the one parting admonition to his party that they repeal it immediately. Then president Biden leads the Democrats (and House GOP) to repeal it immediately with the urgency, speed and bipartisanship we saw put into the Patriot Act after 9/11. And then they somehow bail out the insurance companies that they have screwed over and assume all responsibility for those new policy holders that, in a normal insurance world, are uninsurable under any circumstances. They also assume any and all responsibility for anyone left in the lurch due to forced DumbassCare policy cancellations.

But that's a fantasy that will never happen. O'Bongo is not going to sincerely apologize, not ever. O'Bongo is not going to resign, not ever. And he will never, ever allow a repeal bill of any kind to get anything other than a veto. Same for any other bill that would damage if not outright kill his signature (and singular) achievement as president, not ever. This guy has a monumental ego. He has a colossal ego. He has an ego worthy of a demi-god. He has been told all of his life how wonderful he is and he believes it. This is the the country's first affirmative action president and that's that. We are stuck with him and so are the Democrats.

So there isn't going to be a fix. Not until O'Bongo is out of office. Or until the GOP has enough votes in congress to get a veto proof bill passed. And that could happen. It would be the most judicious irony of all if the final two years of King O'Bongo's second term were the polar opposite of the first two years of his first term with a super majority of GOP members running the country through the congress over top of the president. I know that that, too, is fantasy but I do not believe that the midterms are going to be bad for the GOP. I think that they are going to be pretty good despite any BS GOP civil war.

The voters are going to be blaming everything on O'Bongo and the Democrats for a very long time. And that's not a fantasy. Ironic, yes, after GWB getting the blame for everything for the last five years but it will happen. We are seeing it begin to happen right now with O'Bongo's plunging poll numbers. His polling numbers aren't going to come back any more than Carter's did. It just isn't going to happen. The guy is now a punch line and soon he will be a punching bag. His own party is going to run against him and not because they want to but because they will have to. It will be non-negotiable. Mandatory.

No, I think that the GOP is going to come out of this okay. In spite of itself. And the only thing that it needs to advance is new leadership. I don't know who or when but if it does happen there won't be a damned thing that will be able to stop it. After several years of DumbassCare devastation it will be impossible to stop it.

That's the way that I would like to see things go, anyway.

Not that the whole stinking economy and country won't plunge into the abyss, though. I think that's inevitable, too. But I think that Democrats and liberals will be so politically radioactive that maybe we have a chance at having some sane people in charge when we need them most. And that's not unprecedented, either. Remember: We could have had Algore running the country when islamists attacked and we didn't.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2013, 10:58:20 PM »
Oh, and Markos is reduced to this.

With enrollment data coming in well below expectations and President Barack Obama's numbers hitting all-time lows, it's clear that the botched Obamacare implementation has become a bona fide political problem.

The enrollment numbers are actually not that terrible. While the media and Republicans are focusing on the roughly 100K that have chosen a plan, fact is that 846,000 have completed their applications, but haven't chosen a plan. Part of that is technical difficulties. Part of that is people doing their due diligence before making an important decision. Part of it is procrastination. Why spend too much time now doing something that won't take effect until January?

It is pure doom and gloom over there. Not that they are openly admitting it, they aren't. But they are trying to find anything...anything at all...to discuss other than DumbassCare. The comments are the key to the truth. The Kos fever swamp is usually over run with commenters and comments but most of the big headline posts have less than 75 comments and only a two or three of their articles have in excess of 100 comments and that includes the one above.

They are depressed.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2013, 11:14:06 PM »
And idea for an office pool:

On what day will the admin (via HHS or other) announce that the Healthcare.gov website is to be shuttered for the foreseeable future?

I will go on record as saying that it will be November 29th (black Friday so best possible scenario for a news dump).

Tie breaker: Who will make the announcement? (doesn't have to be by name...can be by function)

I think that the announcement will be by the guy running the "tech surge."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2013, 12:29:24 AM »
This tempts me to use the "C" word.

When Senator Mary Landrieu is asked if she wants to apologize to the people of Lousiana, like Obama did to the country, she laughs: (video)

Problem is that she will probably get re-elected because there will most likely be two R's running against her. LA allows an open ballot and without a primary to get her opponent down to one the R vote gets split. Plus, she is a Landrieu and that's an institutional Democrat name in LA...like Kennedy in MA. They are too stupid to use their brains and realize that she votes against their interests.

RickZ

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2013, 02:37:38 AM »
He has an ego worthy of a demi-god.

So King Putz got demoted?  The things you learn.

Kos:

The enrollment numbers are actually not that terrible. While the media and Republicans are focusing on the roughly 100K that have chosen a plan, fact is that 846,000 have completed their applications, but haven't chosen a plan

Yeah, just like on-line retailers add all the shopping cart items to their sales figures.

They are depressed.

Did you see the first comment?

* [new]  Tip Jar (131+ / 0-)

by kos on Wed Nov 13, 2013 at 01:37:59 PM PST

Begging is always a good barometer of being secure.

I scanned some of the comments there.  They are all mathematically and economically challenged.  What else is new for a lib'ral, right?  They will not see that with increased insurance premiums on top of higher deductibles, people will have less disposable income to put into the economy.  With less money put back into the economy, there will be fewer jobs required.  Once the layoffs start, an already horrible economy will take a serious nosedive.  And yet the ACA is a great idea.  It still amazes me how logic is an alien concept to those morons.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2013, 08:03:45 AM »
Obamacare Schadenfreudarama

The very pinnacle of schadenfreude column writing.  So much quotable.  So far, this is the definite obituary of Obamacare.

The hubris of our ocean-commanding commander-in-chief surely isn’t news to readers of this website. He’s said that he’s smarter and better than everyone who works for him. His wife informed us that he has “brought us out of the dark and into the light” and that he would fix our broken souls. The man defined sin itself as “being out of alignment with my values.” We may be the ones we’ve been waiting for, but at the same time, everyone has been waiting for him. Or as he put it in 2007, “Every place is Barack Obama country once Barack Obama’s been there.”

In every tale of hubris, the transgressor is eventually slapped across the face with the semi-frozen flounder of reality....

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »

I mean, we need only look as close as the GOP leadership and its obstinate death wish to cling to repeatedly proven losing strategies to see more fail on the horizon.

The thing is, though...we have a secret weapon and that weapon is DumbassCare. We still can't run on nothing but all we have to do is say that we want to repeal the damned thing and that should do it. Anything else (and I do mean practically anything) is gravy. And that's because going into 2014 and most certainly by 2016 the voting public is going to be ready for anything at all that 1) gets rid of DumbassCare and 2) isn't DumbassCare.

The second statement is negated by the first.  Dumbasscare certainly has the potential to be a victory, but the GOP will not seize upon it. They work for and sympathize with the Democrats, and even if the GOP retakes both houses,  there will not be enough Tea-Party in there to repeal.  They will "fix it" - and they will "fix it" according to democrats demands.  Force doctors to accept medicaid patients.  Everyone is now eligible for Medicaid. Everyone pays the tax penalty specified.

Nor is it clear the Democrats will "Own this" one either.  The Media will spin it, and the LIV will take it as truth. The greedy insurance companies plotted to destroy the system.  The Website didn't work because it was under attack from and sabotaged by domestic terrorists ( The left is already circulating a meme in which the Koch brothers caused the website failures..)  In a year the new normal of the disaster will be accepted. Not to mention that the Democrats have already made it clear they are capable of generating fraud to the degree of 100-108%  of the Vote for Obama.  The Dems will not lose any seats they are unwilling to loose.  Its all one party on the hill now, and the results of our elections are more fixed than the WWF bouts. They were illegally kicking out election judges, and the GOP is legally bound to not file a complaint.  As a result ( and one of the few times I disagree with Dr.  Sowell) the GOP isn't the vehicle for bringing about  political change.  A third party must form if there is to be any hope of it, and that will result in split votes and Dem wins for 10 years.  I am firmly convinced that a vote for the GOP is a vote to continue the Status Quo, and a vote against a third party ever forming. (and it wouldn't stay a third party for long- like the Whigs,  the GOP is done for soon as a 3rd party reaches critical mass)

Bottom line, there is no political solution available. Its okay if the Dems have totalitarian control of the doomed regime.. The faster they destroy things, the more people wake up, and the less time they have to implement a police state. It is now in our best interest to let it burn. Its not our country, the separation of powers has failed,  the Constitution and Bill of Rights lost, and the people who support the regime are our enemy- willing to enslave us at gun point. We owe them nothing but getting out of the way and letting them reap what they have sown.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2013, 09:08:49 AM »
Have to wonder how many people who logged on to the website just to take a look and not buy like reporters and supporters?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »

The very pinnacle of schadenfreude column writing.  So much quotable.  So far, this is the definite obituary of Obamacare.

The hubris of our ocean-commanding commander-in-chief surely isn’t news to readers of this website. He’s said that he’s smarter and better than everyone who works for him. His wife informed us that he has “brought us out of the dark and into the light” and that he would fix our broken souls. The man defined sin itself as “being out of alignment with my values.” We may be the ones we’ve been waiting for, but at the same time, everyone has been waiting for him. Or as he put it in 2007, “Every place is Barack Obama country once Barack Obama’s been there.”

In every tale of hubris, the transgressor is eventually slapped across the face with the semi-frozen flounder of reality....

The linked Goldberg column is REQUIRED reading. It's very, very good.

If you can’t take some joy, some modicum of relief and mirth, in the unprecedentedly spectacular beclowning of the president, his administration, its enablers, and, to no small degree, liberalism itself, then you need to ask yourself why you’re following politics in the first place. Because, frankly, this has been one of the most enjoyable political moments of my lifetime. I wake up in the morning and rush to find my just-delivered newspaper with a joyful expectation of worsening news so intense, I feel like Morgan Freeman should be narrating my trek to the front lawn. Indeed, not since Dan Rather handcuffed himself to a fraudulent typewriter, hurled it into the abyss, and saw his career plummet like Ted Kennedy was behind the wheel have I enjoyed a story more.

In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, it took about five minutes for liberals to cast the chaos and confusion of the disaster as a searing indictment of not just the Bush administration but of conservatism itself. Whatever the merits of that argument (and there are not many), Katrina was at least a surprise. The October 1 deadline for Obamacare was set by Obama’s own administration years ago — and it caught them completely off guard. The president may now claim that he knew nothing, but he must have wondered why Henry Chao, Healthcare.gov’s chief project manager, set the bar of success at sea level last March: “Let’s just make sure it’s not a Third World experience.” At this point, it could only be more of a Third World experience if Healthcare.gov required enrollees to pay with chickens.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:05:52 AM by trapeze »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2013, 11:43:47 AM »
yes, read the whole thing

Few critics grasped at first that this was going to be the Charlie Sheen of IT launches — a spectacularly mortifying failure, punctuated with desperate shrieks of “Winning!”

It wasn’t until later that we learned that, of the uncountable hordes flocking to the federal exchanges that first day, the number who actually registered for an insurance plan totaled exactly six. At that rate, Obamacare would reach its target of 7 million enrollees around the year 5013, or 3022 a.o. (Anno Obamae).
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »
In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your mouse has got nothin' to do
Some website's still trying' to do that for you

::guitar::

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2013, 12:36:47 PM »

Saw this, early AM, linked via Twitter & thought of this thread - terrific read. I got to shake Mr. Goldberg's hand 2 October's ago @ a conservative NJ forum.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »
Watching this crash and burn gives me zero satisfaction when weighed against the very real crime of robbing millions of men, women, and children of their access to health insurance.

It is the fruit of that crime that will have the GOP stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. They will not be able to stand by while millions suffer, and thus, they will co-own Obamacare and the foregone disaster.

A bailout is coming, I'm telling you guys. To bailout or not to bailout is going to be the narrative going into 2014. The Tea Party GOP will be cast as against the hardworking middle-class men and women who have lost their healthcare through no fault of their own due to a " glitch", and there will be Republicans (like McCain, for one instance) who will aid the Leftists with that narrative.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2013, 01:40:18 PM »
Watching this crash and burn gives me zero satisfaction when weighed against the very real crime of robbing millions of men, women, and children of their access to health insurance.

It is the fruit of that crime that will have the GOP stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. They will not be able to stand by while millions suffer, and thus, they will co-own Obamacare and the foregone disaster.

A bailout is coming, I'm telling you guys. To bailout or not to bailout is going to be the narrative going into 2014. The Tea Party GOP will be cast as against the hardworking middle-class men and women who have lost their healthcare through no fault of their own due to a " glitch", and there will be Republicans (like McCain, for one instance) who will aid the Leftists with that narrative.

I was upstairs a few days ago stacking some new books on my bed-stand (not that my physical location is terribly important to this narrative) and was overwhelmed by a feeling that - even though we are going to fight like hell & continue to have abuse heaped upon us as "teabaggers" & other immature rants - that this, right now, is the beginning of events working against the left due to the overwhelming & catastrophic failure that ObamaCare, and the mentality behind it, has wrought: culturally, economically & as regards the suffering you mention & which we are all witnessing.

Unless they truly are going to enforce this with militant police, armored vehicles & bullets (not scoffing at that option) they either have to drastically rethink this or be ready to slaughter the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of us who are going to physically fight back. And I do not think they are ready, culturally or literally, to pull that trigger.

There's obviously no hiding the fact that Obama is a complete & utter incompetent ideologue - but now, with millions getting slammed, I think there's no other sane option but to walk it back and attempt their communistic overreach further down the road. That process will force latent leadership out of the woodwork & demand that others develop backbone @ lightning speed (i.e. stop zipping their pants up the side).

So, that being said, I will either go down in flames, a complete idiot (not that 1 or 2 here don't already think that  ;D) - or I will be correct & we will live to plot our revolution another day, and survive this as$hole/Muslim/Commie bastard's presidency.

I'm prepared...either way.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2013, 02:03:17 PM »

Unless they truly are going to enforce this with militant police, armored vehicles & bullets (not scoffing at that option) they either have to drastically rethink this or be ready to slaughter the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of us who are going to physically fight back. And I do not think they are ready, culturally or literally, to pull that trigger.

When have the leftist NOT been ready to pull that trigger? Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao all did it. Bill Ayers wanted to do it, and there is no reason to suspect the die hard eugenicist crowd in the White House won't as well.  With history as a guide them not doing it would be the surprise.

So, that being said, I will either go down in flames, a complete idiot (not that 1 or 2 here don't already think that  ;D) - or I will be correct & we will live to plot our revolution another day, and survive this as$hole/Muslim/Commie bastard's presidency.

The Country already didn't survive. The Republic is gone and anything that continues on under the current system will continue to be a corrupt, useless entitity incapable of living up to its founding, and unable to recognize citizens as the sovereigns.  And even if I am wrong about that, the structure  certainly  isn't going to survive the dollar collapse and there is no stopping that now.  As for individuals, the only way we will survive this presidency and  the changes it has wrought, is if there is a war. Otherwise, eventually, we will all be squashed under its jack boots.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2013, 02:53:22 PM »
I don't know if Republicans can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, if SCoaMF just took the issue off the table with his unilateral power grab.

RickZ

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2013, 04:36:14 PM »
I don't know if Republicans can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, if SCoaMF just took the issue off the table with his unilateral power grab.

As Ace points out, now's the time to challenge the law on the grounds that executive whim removes the separation of powers.

Limbaugh spoke about the fundamental lawlessness of all this: Using DrewM's language, he noted that Obama was once again "waving his magic wand" to make parts of the law disappear or reappear or transmutate at will.

I would like to propose a lawsuit to repeal Obamacare on this basis. The Constitution does not permit executive law-making, and apparently executive law-making is central to Obamacare. The law violates our Constitution on separation of powers grounds.

This is, as Charles C.W. Cooke put it, pure Chavez-level banana republic tyranny, and the nation will not stand if this is permitted.

The entire country has standing to sue for repeal now that the law is in effect, except when Owebama deems it not to be in effect, as he just did with delaying the individual mandate, not repealing it, mind you, just delaying it, as if that will fix this clusterfukc of a law.  If this administration couldn't get a proper website up and running in the time it took for this Country to fight and win WWII, then the government has no business running our Nation's health insurance and health care.

This 'executive law-making' by whim is patently unconstitutional.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2013, 08:06:18 PM »
From Boobie the Rocket Dog via Iowntheworld

The Kenyan fix.
africa
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.