Author Topic: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare  (Read 37335 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2013, 10:55:21 AM »
Not just kissing plans goodbye because of O'Bongoism, doctors getting axed from plans...

http://news.yahoo.com/unitedhealth-drops-thousands-doctors-insurance-plans-wsj-030014903--finance.html

...have to check with my folks, see if they got hammered by this...

::cussing::  O'Bongoists! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2013, 09:16:50 AM »
Kos Kids petition their king to look into ACA sabotage by the tea party or something

The short bus brigade strikes!

OMG! 

They are beyond delusional!  This is what happens when one intentionally goes through life with their head firmly entrenched up their rectum!  It doesn't even compute in their diseased brains that their Messiah never meant for this program to do anything but destroy all in its path!  They thought Nirvana was at hand!

::hysterical::

All aboard!   ::bus::   ::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »
Kos Kids petition their king to look into ACA sabotage by the tea party or something

The short bus brigade strikes!

OMG! 

They are beyond delusional!  This is what happens when one intentionally goes through life with their head firmly entrenched up their rectum!  It doesn't even compute in their diseased brains that their Messiah never meant for this program to do anything but destroy all in its path!  They thought Nirvana was at hand!

All aboard!   ::bus::   ::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

Like PMSNBC would have passed an opportunity to air that bit of news.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2013, 10:14:13 PM »

So, for DumbassCare, it isn't the beginning of the end, of course, but rather the end of the beginning. The "launch" that wasn't is to be followed by...something else. Or several somethings else. None of them good. The opportunity for anything "good" has expired and, unlike King Putt's golfing excursions, there will be no mulligans.

Politico lists off a few of the the next possibilities and it starts with my personal favorite...

The ‘Death Spiral’

This was always the worst of the worst-case scenarios: Only sick people enroll in the Obamacare health insurance plans, healthy people stay away, and everyone’s premiums rise out of control because there are no healthy people to cover the sick people’s costs.

That’s the dreaded “death spiral,” and it has been a possibility all along. But it was only a remote one — because health care experts have counted on the attraction of Obamacare’s subsidies, along with the threat of fines from the individual mandate, to lure enough healthy customers to prevent a meltdown.

But they were also counting on a functioning website. Now that HealthCare.gov has tripped up all but the most committed customers, health care analysts are taking another look at the “death spiral” scenario — and some are worried that it’s already playing out before their eyes.

“This is not a political attack — I think we’re already there. I really do,” said Robert Laszewski, a consultant who works with health insurance companies. “If everyone is hearing that there are all these problems with the website and you have to do all these workarounds, who’s going to do the workarounds? Sick people.”

The Obama administration says roughly 106,000 people selected health insurance plans in October — and only a quarter of those used the federal website, which serves 36 states. There are a lot more potential customers, since nearly 1.1 million were found to be eligible for Obamacare plans. But they have to get through the website first.

The buggy website would have to be working well by the beginning of December, as the Obama administration has promised, to avoid discouraging healthy people from signing up, Laszewski said — and the chances of a successful fix by then are growing more remote every day.

The forecast calls for heavy comeuppance followed by severe schadenfruede. Break out the popcorn, the cigars and the adult beverages. My belief is that something like two thirds to three quarters of the schmucks who have signed up to date are the previously uninsurable. Maybe more than that. Maybe all of them because having seen the prices myself I can't believe that anyone else would have the proper motivation to buy this gobbler. No...I am pretty sure that the death spiral is well along the way and if they ever do get healthcare.gov working at anything approaching 80% efficiency I don't believe that anyone will be exactly stampeding to get on board.

And yet...there remains serious pockets of deep delusion:

But the president should never apologize for passing the Affordable Care Act, and neither should those of us who have supported this kind of reform for years, even decades. We didn’t fight for this law because it was good politics. We didn’t fight for this law with the hope that it would lead to some ideological victory for big government—otherwise we wouldn’t have proposed a plan that maintained the private insurance market with reforms that Republicans once championed.

We fought for this law because no other advanced democracy on Earth gave insurance companies free rein to profit by discriminating against all but the healthiest and wealthiest citizens. We fought for this law because 14,000 Americans, most of them working and middle class, were losing their health insurance every day—with no other options. We fought for this law because millions of other Americans thought they had decent coverage until their insurance company refused to pay for treatment that someone in their family desperately needed; because people died as a direct result of not being able to afford better health care.

You know...you just can't appreciate "smart" in absence of "stupid" and the above opinion piece makes me quite appreciative of intelligence.

I, too, hope that President Toonces never apologizes again. I would like to see a few pressers and some fundraisers where King Putt comes out and brags about DumbassCare and reminds everyone about how courageous he was/is for passing it and sticking with it. I hope for this more than anything. Please, please, please...let it be so.

And I'm also thinking that there will be a few people who used to have an insurance policy and now do not who will croak sometime early next year because the utopians wanted to "do something."

But the grand prize for the deeply self delusional this week HAS to go to the idiot junior senator from NY, Kirsten Gillibrand. And that's saying an awful lot because, hey, the competition is very fierce:

And umm, I guess another inadvertent "winner" in the DumbassCare rollout is Windows 8 with their ill-conceived tile GUI that no one could figure out. All things considered, that hot mess looks ingenious compared to healthcare.gov

Finishing off today's installment of the daily schadenboner is the deeply disappointed and the much-confused-about-the-whole-thing, David Brooks...

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:09:42 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

RickZ

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2013, 04:54:58 AM »
Pithy comment from the Daily Beast:

Lots of lipstick needed.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2013, 07:46:12 AM »
More on the death-spiral...

http://www.hoover.org/publications/defining-ideas/article/161901

"The real question is whether the Democrats in Congress will come to their senses and realize that Obamacare is DOA."  Ha!  Never!

Look at SCoaMF lie his ass off!

President Barack Obama told a conference-call audience of progressive volunteers on Monday evening that 'more than 100 million Americans' – in a nation of less than 314 million – have successfully signed up for health insurance via the Affordable Care Act.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509715/Obama-flubs-health-care-conference-community-organizers-More-100-million-Americans-successfully-enrolled.html#ixzz2l6CHeZw6

::saywhat::

What an ass!  But Low-Intelligence Voters will probably buy that shyt!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2013, 10:36:59 PM »
Today's schadenboner begins with this tale of woe from another publicly prominent ObamaVoter….

Jessica Sanford, the Federal Way woman who got a shout-out from President Obama last month with her fan letter for the Affordable Care Act, got a rather rude awakening last week. Turns out she doesn’t qualify for a tax credit after all.

At least that’s what the letter said that she got from the state. Now she says her dream of affordable health insurance has gone poof. She can’t afford it. She’ll have to go without. “I’m really terribly embarrassed,” she says. “It has completely turned around on me. I mean, completely.”

Chalk it up to a bollixed-up state website that apparently still has major problems. Originally it said Sanford and her child would get a whopping tax credit that would reduce their total premium to $169 a month. Now the state is telling her it goofed – twice – and she has to pay full ticket. There may even be a third goof involved: At least one health-insurance broker says she may qualify for a tax credit after all, albeit a small one. Officials at the state Healthplanfinder website could not be contacted Sunday night. But it just goes to show that even in the state of Washington, which has earned national kudos for a health-insurance exchange that seems to function better than the dysfunctional federal website, there are big, big problems.

Pretty good way to make an ass of yourself…nationally…write a letter to your newest BFF, Barry, get publicly recognized for being such a great brown noser, and then have your life pretty much ruined for your trouble…

The hitch was that the website told her that her income was low enough that she could enroll her son in the state Medicaid program for children of low-income families, known as Apple Health. For that she would have to pay a premium of just $30 a month. She could enroll him right away, and she did. But that created a problem. When she enrolled Ryan in Medicaid, she couldn’t count him toward a tax credit. Not that the website mentioned it. In fact, it gave her the opposite impression.

Once the new health insurance policy kicked in on Jan. 1, the premium was supposed to be $280 a month, plus, she assumed, the Medicaid premium. But after she signed up for a policy, and after she gave her credit-card information, she got a letter from the state last week saying that her income was too high to qualify for subsidies – the cutoff is $44,680 for a single adult, 400 percent of the federal poverty level. So she would get no help from the feds at all.

I was dumbfounded,” she said. “I thought this was a total mistake, they’re going to correct this — this isn’t true. How could I not qualify for a tax credit? I make under $50,000 a year. There’s got to be something. So I got ahold of my broker, and a couple of days later he called me back, and he told me that no, it was true.”

Now she says her health-insurance dream has gone bust. Without a tax credit she has to consider the cheapest “bronze” level plans, but the deductibles are so high that couldn’t afford to purchase prescription medication. “I was like, forget that – I’m not going to pay.”

So now she is looking forward to no health insurance at all.

But, as I have posted previously, most ObamaVoters are pretty amazingly stupid and, since you can't fix stupid…

She says she wants to make it clear she has no beef with Obama and Obamacare. She still believes in the Affordable Care Act. “I don’t want this to be a political thing,” she says. “I don’t want to be bashing the president. I don’t want to be bashing the ACA. I don’t want to come across as saying that. I am a big Obama fan.

It is really hard to feel sorry for any of these people (and I don't).

On the one hand you have the people who, after being told that it would turn out this way, voted for it and are now extremely PO'd about it and have turned on their hero. Sorry, we warned you and you didn't listen…stew in your own juices, buddy. And on the other hand you have those people like poor, dim-witted Jessica. She is the type who wouldn't even entertain the thought that this could possibly turn out this way…we warned her and she stuck her fingers in her ears and started chanting so that she couldn't hear us. So she now has zero insurance but is totally okay with it because she just knows that this isn't what her hero intended and  she still loves him with hugs and kisses. And that's because she is a complete moron.

Part Two of today's schadenboner experience has to do with the security of healthcare.gov which would be more accurately characterized as the utter lack of security…

David Kennedy, the founder of TrustedSec, an online security firm, said that the risks were easy to ascertain.

“Just by looking at the website we can see that there is just fundamental security principles not being followed, things that are basic in nature that any security tester, like myself or anyone that we hire to test these sites, would actually test for prior to being released,” Kennedy, formerly of the National Security Agency and a one-time cyber-intelligence analyst for the U.S. Marine Corps, said.

The experts said the personal information of millions of Americans is at risk, including Social Security numbers, birthdays, incomes, home mortgages, and addresses. Rep. Mo Brooks (R., Ala.) called it the “mother lode for identity theft.

Americans should be scared to death,” said Rep. Chris Stewart (R., Utah).

Kennedy demonstrated an attack in the hearing room, showing how on Finder.Healthcare.gov a hacker could breach into a computer, monitor its webcam, and steal passwords.

Hackers from Russia or China could “absolutely” breach the online marketplace, he said.

The problems could only get worse since the president’s team is trying to fix the website while it is still up and running.

Morgan Wright, a cyber terrorism expert and CEO of Crowd Sourced Investigations, LLC., said attempting to fix one line of code could open up a “Pandora’s box.”

“You create an unintended series of cascading events you have no control over because you don’t have a grasp of what the code is actually doing,” he said. “You think you’ve changed one thing, by doing that you’ve opened up a Pandora’s box of vulnerabilities on the other side.”

Kennedy said he has never seen anything like it.

“To be honest with you, I have not seen—and I’ve worked for Fortune 10, Fortune 50, Fortune 1,000 companies, as well as on the government side—I have not seen an application that pales in comparison to 500 million lines of code, including some of the largest applications you would ever see in the history of man.”

Because of the sheer amount of code, it is impossible to conduct a complete end-to-end security assessment on the website, the panelists said. Just reviewing it for security risks could take six months.

What these guys are saying is that should pigs fly and healthcare.gov suddenly start working (sort of...at least to the point where lots of people can get on and navigate it quickly) then anyone who coughs up their personal data and info can pretty much count on it being stolen. So, again, only the truly stupid need apply.

Meanwhile, over where the cool kids hang out, the insurance companies are getting screwed out of their investment in this steaming pile...

The HealthCare.gov website is so problem-plagued that WellPoint Inc., the nation’s second-largest insurer, is backing away from advertising its new health-care offerings, its chief executive said Tuesday.

“I’ll be very candid, we have pulled back from marketing, not knowing how to get people enrolled at the moment,” Joseph Swedish, WellPoint’s chief executive, said in an interview at the WSJ CEO Council Tuesday.

This would be one of the guys who just the day before spent an hour and a half in the presence of King Putt being reassured that everything was okay and by the way would you please, please, please just give us another chance and a little more time...

The company has spent more than $300 million building systems that are compatible with the new health insurance changes and is “camera ready” to accept new enrollment, Mr. Swedish said.

But with the health website marred by technical problems, there’s little sign the anticipated flood of enrollment has amounted to anything but a trickle. Mr. Swedish said enrollment is still “anemic.”

And you know...there are going to be some very uncomfortable shareholder meetings this year and people like Swedish are going to have a lot of explaining to do. This whole DumbassCare thing probably looked like a really smart move a few years back but it sure looks like a big bucketful of stupid today and stopping the promotion probably should've happened the second week of October rather than the third week of November.

Speaking of promotion...

The more Americans visit the site and are unable to sign up, the bigger the risk that they might abandon their efforts to sign up – particularly the young, healthy Americans that are key to balancing out the economics of the insurance exchanges.

I could be wrong but I'm thinking that one of the keys to making this dog's breakfast work was not only getting the young and stupid to sign up but to sort of keep it a secret as to how important it was to get the young and stupid to sign up. I don't know about you but I've heard about it now on just about every day since the "launch" and I've got to believe that more than a few of the young and stupid have begun to put two and two together and concluded that they are the ultimate chumps in this story. So, I'm thinking that most of them (or at least an awful lot of them) will take their ball and go home.

And marketing fail like this only reinforces that "we is chumps" idea:

Either that or "you is sluts" which isn't any better but does give me a chuckle when I think about war on wymynz stuff...

Either way, I see the young and stupid maybe wising up...not a lot but maybe...just enough to stay away from DumbassCare in significantly large numbers.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:53:35 PM by trapeze »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2013, 12:16:23 AM »
I could be wrong but I'm thinking that one of the keys to making this dog's breakfast work was not only getting the young and stupid to sign up but to sort of keep it a secret as to how important it was to get the young and stupid to sign up. I don't know about you but I've heard about it now on just about every day since the "launch" and I've got to believe that more than a few of the young and stupid have begun to put two and two together and concluded that they are the ultimate chumps in this story. So, I'm thinking that most of them (or at least an awful lot of them) will take their ball and go home.

YES!
 ::rolllaughing::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »
Some might take their ball and go home...others will need their balls kicked.  Same as it ever was...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »
I blame you guys for making me a regular reader of American Thinker.  It's there we have our paragraph of the week.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/11/obama_vs_liberalism.html

The outline is simple: Obama has a vision. In Ozymandias mode, he declares that his vision must be made manifest.  His staff, the Executive Branch, the Democratic Party, and no small number of citizens race about to make it so. Treasury pulls a few billion from the eighth dimension. One of Valerie Jarrett's relatives is dragged out to run the thing. Anybody who actually knows anything at all about the industry or specialty in question is carefully winnowed out. The media rhapsodizes, establishment Republicans nudge each other and whisper, "You know, there's a fortune in lobbying for this deal...."

Nailed, on every level.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2013, 07:36:04 AM »
I blame you guys for making me a regular reader of American Thinker.  It's there we have our paragraph of the week.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/11/obama_vs_liberalism.html

The outline is simple: Obama has a vision. In Ozymandias mode, he declares that his vision must be made manifest.  His staff, the Executive Branch, the Democratic Party, and no small number of citizens race about to make it so. Treasury pulls a few billion from the eighth dimension. One of Valerie Jarrett's relatives is dragged out to run the thing. Anybody who actually knows anything at all about the industry or specialty in question is carefully winnowed out. The media rhapsodizes, establishment Republicans nudge each other and whisper, "You know, there's a fortune in lobbying for this deal...."

Nailed, on every level.

This is good.

"Obama embodies this in pure form. He is culturally Islamic (no way he couldn't be, having spent his formative years in an Islamic country, Indonesia). Religiously he is a nullity, an empty secular of the type that infests the current elite. His leaning toward Islam has been expressed variously in claims that Islam forms an "important part" of American culture and that Islam has made endless "historical contributions" to the United States."

But I think this part has a little too much hopium in it...

"Finally, Obama has also destroyed what has stood as the last hope of liberalism since the New Deal. Once the liberals have blown things up, they turn to the GOP, much as a four-year-old turns to Daddy, to fix it and make it work. So Eisenhower acted as conservator of the New Deal and Nixon savior of the Great Society. Obama, with his conniving, his insults, and his rampant ego, has ruined that. While there are plenty of Republicans who would come to his aid for a handful of magic beans -- McCain, Graham, Ayotte, and Rubio, to mention only a few -- they can't. Not today, not in the second decade of the new millennium.  They can't because the party rank and file is infuriated, the tea parties are out for blood, and the barbarians, led by Ted Cruz, are within the gates."

I think he underestimates the abject idiocy and insanity of the eGOP ruling elite and the consultant class they rely on for what we normal people generally refer to as thought.

And the wrap up - "This will stand as Obama's great contribution: acting as modern liberalism's executioner.  Liberalism has been running on fumes for decades. Based on ideology and wish-fulfillment daydreams, it was connected to reality by the thinnest of gossamer threads. Now even those connections are gone, severed by Barack Obama. So what do its adherents do now? Fade away? Become even more weirdly cultic than before? Or switch to the vicious brutishness of their foreign models? Thanks to Obama, we're going to find out."

They'll keep going all-in, they have the lapdog media to lean on, even if they turn on Obama for their own survival, doesn't matter...the next Progressive Messiah is just around the corner...and the Free Shyt Army will gladly leech onto the next charismatic charlatan to come forth with promises of Nirvana.

Only full systemic economic collapse or war can derail the progressives...politics, the eGOP?  Give me a break!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2013, 07:44:55 AM »
Back on the Schadenfreude...

Woman from Obama's ObamaCare speech who was "saved" by Duh Wun...got re-priced out of ObamaCare and is ouot on her ass!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-20/obamas-success-story-woman-repriced-out-obamacare

Boom!  Death-panel Ready!  There's a bit of karma tearing a chunk outta your arse!

And, expect a lot more people to get sticker-shocked!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-20/here-come-even-higher-insurance-premiums

If you like higher premiums, you get to keep your higher premiums..or a new higher premium will be assigned you!  Bam!  Are you lovin' it?!

ObamaCare even made Snyder's Top 5 Big Govt Lies list - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-20/guest-post-5-economic-big-lies-government-telling-you

By themselves they are really bad...in combination...I don't think this level of volatility can be contained...

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2013, 07:45:11 AM »
Yeah, that conclusion is BS. The Left owns the media, academia, entertainment, the judiciary, the bureaucracy, the non-profit sector, and the economic underclass - of which it is feverishly working to create more - and about half of every other institution, including the private sector.

The impact of this debacle and this presidency is yet to be seen. But the destruction of liberalism will not come without killing.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »
My daughter sent me a text yesterday with the word LIES written several times then she called me.  She tried to sign up for the same plan she had before WHICH THEY STILL OFFER and was told she doesn't qualify for it and had to choose between 2 plans that offered less and will cost her more.  The guy couldn't tell her why she didn't qualify and the materials did not say. If she didn't pick a plan they would assign one to her but again the materials didn't tell her which one.

My mother, on the other hand, is sure that since she has Medicare and BlueCross BlueShield she has nothing to worry about.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2013, 11:35:12 AM »
My daughter sent me a text yesterday with the word LIES written several times then she called me.  She tried to sign up for the same plan she had before WHICH THEY STILL OFFER and was told she doesn't qualify for it and had to choose between 2 plans that offered less and will cost her more.  The guy couldn't tell her why she didn't qualify and the materials did not say. If she didn't pick a plan they would assign one to her but again the materials didn't tell her which one.

My mother, on the other hand, is sure that since she has Medicare and BlueCross BlueShield she has nothing to worry about.

That will likely prove to be an inadvisable statement.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-21/experts-warn-healthcaregov-so-riddled-security-flaws-it-should-be-shut-down-rebuilt-

Screw 'em...let 'em get identity-hacked from here to the moon...I'm beyond giving a damn...

Non-compliance, defiance...hostile opposition...it is time.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »

We have the same thing as your mom. It's a secondary for what's not paid by Medicare, and we're not supposed to be changed either.

But there are secondaries and there are secondaries. I trust no one.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2013, 02:19:39 PM »

We have the same thing as your mom. It's a secondary for what's not paid by Medicare, and we're not supposed to be changed either.

But there are secondaries and there are secondaries. I trust no one.

There will be changes,  and not good ones.   My folks were telling me of some of the changes.   More money out of their pockets of course........