Author Topic: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare  (Read 37908 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »
My mother, on the other hand, is sure that since she has Medicare and BlueCross BlueShield she has nothing to worry about.

We have the same thing as your mom. It's a secondary for what's not paid by Medicare, and we're not supposed to be changed either.

But there are secondaries and there are secondaries. I trust no one.

I don't either.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2013, 07:29:05 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »
Well, I have been on vacation for the last week and I have not been keeping up with all of the joyous press accounts of people running headlong into the brick wall that is DumbassCare and I apologize for that but, hey...gotta do the family thing and all. Anyway...here is one stolen from the headlines over at HotAir and it is particularly nice because the story is not just written by a media leftist but it is about him, too.

I’m in health care purgatory.

Since sunrise on the day of the launch, Oct. 1, I’ve attempted to shop for health insurance at healthcare.gov. Almost eight weeks later, I still haven’t been successful in accessing quotes online for insurance.

My experience has been a Kafkaesque nightmare of Internet denial and telephone roadblocks. And this is not some journalistic folly. I’m in the market for health insurance and have been optimistic about my ability to get a competitive rate as a result of the Affordable Care Act.

Here’s the most frustrating part: Apparently, there is a competitive rate for my family and me, but I haven’t been able to examine it.

This is written by Michael Smerconish who is a former RINO and is now a certified leftist sympathizer so he totally deserves this.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2013, 09:22:01 PM »
Ah, Smerconish.  Yep, reap = sow.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
Well, I have been on vacation for the last week and I have not been keeping up with all of the joyous press accounts of people running headlong into the brick wall that is DumbassCare and I apologize for that but, hey...gotta do the family thing and all. Anyway...here is one stolen from the headlines over at HotAir and it is particularly nice because the story is not just written by a media leftist but it is about him, too.

I’m in health care purgatory.

Since sunrise on the day of the launch, Oct. 1, I’ve attempted to shop for health insurance at healthcare.gov. Almost eight weeks later, I still haven’t been successful in accessing quotes online for insurance.

My experience has been a Kafkaesque nightmare of Internet denial and telephone roadblocks. And this is not some journalistic folly. I’m in the market for health insurance and have been optimistic about my ability to get a competitive rate as a result of the Affordable Care Act.

Here’s the most frustrating part: Apparently, there is a competitive rate for my family and me, but I haven’t been able to examine it.

This is written by Michael Smerconish who is a former RINO and is now a certified leftist sympathizer so he totally deserves this.

Bless his heart.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2013, 09:55:43 PM »
Just to give you an idea as to how big a douche Smerconish is, he said this a little under a month ago while filling in for Chris Matthews on Hardball:

The facts are that many of the same people that feel betrayed now will be thanking the President later. These are people in so-called junk plans that could bankrupt them and their families if they ever got sick. The new plans may cost a little more than they're used to, but ask anyone who's been bankrupted by getting cancer or couldn't afford treatment, they'll tell you in no uncertain terms the plans are worth it.

The Republican response to President Obama has been a predictable cocktail of distraction and politics. Republican House Speaker John Boehner had this response. Quote, "An apology is certainly in order, but what Americans want to hear is that the President is going to keep his promise. That's why the House will vote next week to allow anyone with a health care plan they like to keep it."

Now, let's not forget this is the party that has peddled some of the most wild and ludicrous lies to its constituents about the President's health care law. This is the party that did everything it could to sabotage the law, and then cried crocodile tears when its rollout ran aground. This is the party that nearly sent the country into an economic tailspin in an attempt to kill the law, all the while knowing they'd lose. And it's the party whose governors have turned down the law's expansion of Medicaid, which would have given five million poor people insurance at virtually no cost to their states. As Republicans revel in the President's comments, we should ask who should offer the real apology here?

Total douche. He used to be a RINO Republican and, like Joe Scarborough, has seen the light and voted (twice) for BO. He is a regular on MSNBC and that tells you all you really need to know about him and his principles/ethics or lack thereof.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2013, 10:05:45 PM »
"Junk plans"?  Really?  Is that anything like "substandard"?  I so hate these people; they think they're so much savvier than us hoi polloi.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2013, 11:06:07 PM »
Like it is their prerogative to decide on your behalf what sort of insurance plan you should have. Maybe if you're a 25 year old single guy, a so-called "junk" plan is all you want, maybe all you could afford. Just something to cover you if something major happens, like a car accident or something. But now? Forget about it, those plans are history. You don't have that option anymore, and since you still can't afford plans that meet with Michael Smerconish's approval, you're now just paying the fine to the IRS and left with no plan at all. Forward!

It's the completely flip manner in which they make these sweeping assessments, "oh you might have to pay a little more now, but you'll be thanking the President (i.e. me and my fellow liberals) later!", that gets me. The glib, flippant way they say these things indicates that it has never once entered their thoughts that maybe -- just maybe! -- the way I live my life and the decisions I make for myself are, you know, none of their ********* business? A whole lot of somebodies are overdue for a rather kinetic disabusing of that attitude.

That "it's just a little more expensive and you'll thank us later" attitude reminded me of this clip from South Park, where they portray Rob Reiner: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/154267/backward-hick-state

Self-edit: removed use of the Lord's name in vain. Even with the asterisks it felt sinful.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:07:38 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2013, 01:31:26 AM »
The O'Bongo admin has decided that the absolutely best possible way forward for DumbassCare (now that healthcare.gov is fixed) is to do a PR blitz.

Which is to say, a high profile turd polishing dog and pony show.

This is their only course of action because 1) O'Bongo has sworn that there is zero chance of DumbassCare being repealed while he is president and 2) the law, as written, is unworkable and staggeringly unpopular.

This is, actually, great news for the opposition because it will only make matters worse for the Democrats. They will not do the one thing necessary to reverse their fortunes, repeal it.

So, why bring this up? Well, it turns out that there is an interesting article with a tie in to this situation. The article cites this example of the phenomenon:

One example that Prof. Ferguson cited was that of a man approaching a hostile dog chained to a post. The dog growls but does not bark until the man gets within a certain distance — say, 10 feet. At that point, the dog shifts suddenly from mere warning to outright attack. However, if the man takes one step back, the dog does not suddenly settle back down into warning behavior. Instead, the dog continues in attack mode — active barking and snarling — until the man has retreated a substantial distance farther than the point at which the attack mode commenced — say, 20 feet.

The dog’s behavior is not a smooth, contiguous function of the man’s distance. Instead, it is catastrophic and asymmetric.

In the case of DumbassCare, the tipping point (the author uses the term, "splitting factor") came on or about October 1st when the individual health insurance policy cancellations came and the new rates were revealed. You could throw in the non-functional healthcare.gov thing and other issues, too. I think that the website and the other issues (if you like your plan you can keep your plan lie, losing the doctor/hospital of your choice, the potential (likelihood) of being a victim of identity theft), some not yet having even occurred (actual denial of care and the subsequent bankruptcies and/or loss of life), make the tipping point worse...i.e., harder to overcome.

But anyway, getting back to the illustration...

The growling/barking dog part started the moment that DumbassCare was proposed and culminated when the Democrats lost the House in 2010. The dog went into attack mode on or around October 1st. However, instead of backing off, the man in this scenario is continuing to walk toward the clearly berserk dog and the PR blitz is the man trying to play with the dog as if it isn't in "crazed and foaming at the mouth attack mode". The longer that the man puts off the inevitable and only solution, backing off (repeal), the further away he will have to go to get the dog to stop attacking, stop barking and growling and go back to sleep.

The author of the article puts it thusly:

Now, Obama has tried to minimize these splitting factors by delaying or changing implementation of certain aspects of Obamacare. But short of delaying the entire ACA for a year or two, there isn’t that much more he can do to reduce these splitting factors — hence the abrupt shift in Americans’ reactions and opinions. If anything, these combined splitting factors are going to increase over the next 12 months, widening the opinion gap between the prior state and the current one (i.e., even greater dissatisfaction) and widening the back-tracking required for a shift back to more passive tolerance of Obamacare.

In light of that, Obama’s planned “PR blitz” for Obamacare is like putting a band-aid on a gaping wound. It will do little to move the electorate far enough “away” from Obamacare’s actual impact to cause a reverse catastrophe back to the merely dissatisfied acceptance. Furthermore, his announced decision that “We’re not repealing it as long as I’m president” shows an unwillingness to reduce any of the splitting factors.

In short, things are likely to get worse for Obamacare, for Obama, and for the Democratic Party as a whole.

I think that the author is mostly correct in his theory but I take issue with the notion that it is possible to go back to a "more passive tolerance" of the law because that "passive tolerance" was of a law that was unimplemented. BO sez that he will never allow the law to be repealed so I don't see how passive tolerance can be ever be regained. And really, what we are talking about here is passive tolerance of Democrat policies. Because the thing is...as long as Democrat policies are theoretical or, at best, not affecting very many people directly (e.g. "the rich") then passive tolerance is the default mode. Now, however, for a substantial number of voters (with many more to join their ranks shortly), passive tolerance is a luxury they can no longer afford. Literally.

So, good article. I recommend giving it a look.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:44:29 AM by trapeze »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »
Interesting article.

I think the admin and media used the .gov website fiasco as cover for how disliked this law is.  What will be the next excuse when the PR doesn't work? Based on those stupid ads directed at high risk behavior people the PR campaign could be very entertaining.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2013, 10:12:16 AM »
Although I have derived countless hours of uproarious amusement watching the so-called "smart set" flail away at web site creation, I really would like to now see the thing suddenly (and miraculously) come to life in the way that they intended. And that's because they would no longer be able to hide behind their gross incompetence and instead be forced to deal with the reality that no one wants this. Or, perhaps more accurately, no one can afford this other than the fully subsidized poor who are already on welfare and for whom this is merely just another item in their goody bags.

And...did you know that there is a group going around to colleges and promoting the idea of opting out of DumbassCare?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2013, 11:40:57 AM »
But Obama needs to especially enslave the young into his one-size-fits-all end-all/be-all scheme!  They are essential to fleece and make the funding work...or the whole thing will implode even faster than previously anticipated!

Come on youngin's...you're supposed to be all-in on this shyt!

Here's to rebels!   ::beertoast::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2013, 12:12:26 PM »
But Obama needs to especially enslave the young into his one-size-fits-all end-all/be-all scheme!  They are essential to fleece and make the funding work...or the whole thing will implode even faster than previously anticipated!

C'mon yo, it be fo da chidren err the wealdy ode fokes.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2013, 12:56:26 PM »

Correction - It be to da chirren fo da statist cronies!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »

Yoos nose dam well, they aint be eny reel spellin fo a slan-guage.
sh*t, it hurts my brain trying to type it out.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2013, 07:19:54 AM »

Yoos nose dam well, they aint be eny reel spellin fo a slan-guage.
sh*t, it hurts my brain trying to type it out.

Yeah.  Let's knock that shyt off and get back to knocking libiots out!

::whoohoo::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2013, 11:49:52 AM »
The dark puffy colon endorses Single Payer...which makes perfect sense since he endorsed the author of the current planned fiasco...

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=216314

Die, scum!  Die!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2014, 01:40:36 AM »
Well, here we are a couple or three days into the new year...Year 1 AO (after ObamaCare) and guess what?

Hospital staff in Northern Virginia are turning away sick people on a frigid Thursday morning because they can't determine whether their Obamacare insurance plans are in effect.

Patients in a close-in DC suburb who think they've signed up for new insurance plans are struggling to show their December enrollments are in force, and health care administrators aren't taking their word for it.

In place of quick service and painless billing, these Virginians are now facing the threat of sticker-shock that comes with bills they can't afford.

'They had no idea if my insurance was active or not!' a coughing Maria Galvez told MailOnline outside the Inova Healthplex facility in the town of Springfield.

She was leaving the building without getting a needed chest x-ray.

'The people in there told me that since I didn't have an insurance card, I would be billed for the whole cost of the x-ray,' Galvez said, her young daughter in tow. 'It's not fair – you know, I signed up last week like I was supposed to.'

The x-ray's cost, she was told, would likely be more than $500.

I want you to know that I am all busted up over this. Really. I am.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:27 AM »
WTF does a damn xray cost $500?  This is bullsht in itself.

As for the poor unfortunates, empathy meter busted and I'm not replacing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2014, 07:52:47 AM »

I got more import things to do than worry about these poor stupid bastards...