Author Topic: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare  (Read 37940 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2014, 12:34:21 PM »
Gets even worse yet for hospitals that can't pay their staff simply because the fukcing government is behind in making their payments. However, pay no attention to little man behind the curtain, it's irrelevant as the real cause isn't govt, it's the GOP party of no.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2014, 12:05:22 PM »
The horror has only just begun...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/01/03/doctors-office-spends-2-hours-on-hold-with-health-insurer-for-patients-surgery-authorization/

“My biggest concern is, how long is this going to last? How long can our country bear this expense?” Pace said. “It’s a benefit for us right now. But I don’t see how it can possibly be sustainable. … Am I going to use it? You bet I am. For one thing, it’s a law. I don’t have a choice.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532869/They-no-idea-insurance-active-not-At-Virginia-hospitals-Obamacare-confusion-reigns-frustrated-patients-walk-out.html

::smallestviolin::

More unemployed will help too...

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/03/happy-new-year-feds-list-141-new-regulations-in-only-3-days/

Test that breaking point...don't hold back you statist pussies!  Unleash it all!  I triple-dog dare ya!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2014, 11:25:18 AM »
The real cost of the x-ray is whatever the hospital would be willing to take from an insurance company.  And it's not close to $500.

That's where the inequity of insurance coverage is. If you have coverage you get the negotiated rate; if you don't you pay full freight. If insurance was truly based on risk we'd all pay the same amount but some would have that same amount paid for them because they had insurance.

My doctor charges something like $250 for an office visit. The negotiated rate is $85.  That office visit is worth $85 because that's what he's willing to take. If I didn't have insurance he'd expect me to pay $250.

Insurance is treated like a membership to Sam's Club.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »
Self Pay fork over the charged amount by the provider (after normal retail-like cash discount), all insurerers pay on discount as negotiated by isurerers and providers, using Medicare as the general guide, so Fed's drive most reimbursement rates.

Insurer A may cover $250 of that $500 charge, the rest is discounted, and the insurer may require you to pay a flat rate or percentage out of pocket per terms of your policy...say 20%, so you pay $50 insurer pays $200 and provider gets $250.  Insurer B may only allow $225 and require a higher co-pay.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »

That's where the inequity of insurance coverage is. If you have coverage you get the negotiated rate; if you don't you pay full freight.

No, now its just up to you to negotiate. If you walk in and offer to pay cash, and they don't have to fill out forms, wait for reimbursement, send you a second bill after  they deducted  the co-pay and figured out what your insurance will pay, etc. that is money in the bank to them, and they will deal. When getting reimbursed with the govt involved gets into full swing they will be even more ready to take cash.

My Stepdad has always been independently employed and never carried insurance-- he recently paid $30K  to get $80K worth of work done replacing he teeth with implants ( not the cheapest way to go by far) - because the price lists are BS. No one pays them.  Its like a car dealership. The price on the sticker is never the price you pay. He had no insurance.  HE Asked what they could do , and decided what price he was willing to pay.

You walk in,  you tell them your situation, and you ask them to deal.  Hell even if you are really sick and don't have the money you can work out a payment plan with most places - which is how it was done before WWII when ALMOST NO ONE had insurance. And will be again, because no one will have insurance after Obama care kicks in.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2014, 12:09:16 PM »
This is what I've done with my GI doc, for when our insurance goes bye-bye.  We'll go to negotiated cash price and he is more than amenable.  We're already on a cash basis with the dentist, the periodontist, and the GP.

Can't hurt and nothing lost by asking.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »
Very long and detailed article written by homosexual Politico hack about the horrible experience that he and his "husband" encountered trying (unsuccessfully) to acquire health coverage via their hero's infamous website. For some reason it didn't make it into The Politico, though, and ended up in The Daily Caller. Go figure.

As we hoisted champagne flutes in the first seconds of 2014, my partner and I toasted all the usual things people do as they look ahead to the coming year. Health. Happiness. Love. Optimism. Hope.

To that traditional list, we added one more: Obamacare. My husband, Miles, was enrolled in what appeared to be an excellent, affordable plan at the stroke of midnight. Celebration seemed in order.

It had been a tough slog, of course. We’d worried the GOP would succeed in defunding it or undermining it in some other way that would put affordable coverage further out of our reach. Then we’d wrestled with that horrific website, struggled to understand the choices before us and waited nervously after we did so to see if the insurance card would actually materialize. It did.

On Jan. 1, we rejoiced. And on Jan. 10, we gave up.

Ten days in, we decided to cancel Miles’ Obamacare plan, swallow hundreds of dollars we’ll probably never recover and buy him a private policy away from the Federal Health Insurance Exchange Marketplace. His new plan does benefit from many requirements of the Affordable Care Act as well, so that’s good.

But even the administrators at Obamacare’s headquarters have agreed this is the best option. Really.

That’s not how it was supposed to be. After dozens of hours of phone calls that displaced my usual work obligations this week, only one thing is clear: Nobody can give anybody a straight or consistent answer to anything.

Our troubles may strike some as trivial and particular, although they wouldn’t if it happened to them. And anyone who wants a successful system – as we do – must understand that these nightmares are happening across the nation to the very people who want Obamacare to work.

Oh, the hope! Oh, the promise! Oh, the unmitigated BS!

The Phone Person lied. They lie a lot. And this would become very important later.

Three days into 2014, Miles took his Obamacare out for its maiden drive. His stop at the doctor went fine. At the pharmacy, it crashed.

His medication — which has cost us a co-pay of between $10 and $30 under every other plan he’s had since 2004 including one under Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan — would not be covered. At all.

That’s $438 out of pocket. Every month. And it won’t even go against the plan deductible.

In other words, this nifty $246 Obamacare plan would actually cost $686 a month.

I'm tearing up at this point. Really, I am. Okay, well, no...not really.

Now comes the part where I get to have one of those, "See, I told you so..." laugh out loud moments...

Much more troubling than the fact that we received so much worthless and conflicting information was that there was nobody to appeal to, nobody to trust.

Aetna had plans on the federal marketplace as well, so I returned to HealthCare.gov to seek out a different plan for Miles. The site, however, incorrectly — surprise! — believed Miles hadn’t yet enrolled in the plan he was in.

Thus, I found myself back on the line with an Obamcare Phone Person. This time, however, I was told that once someone is enrolled in a plan via the marketplace, they cannot change it until the next open enrollment period in November. The only time to change plans, I learned, was before we paid the first premium.

So...basically...they are screwed. Now, you and I knew that they were screwed from the moment this monstrosity was made into law but it is at this point in the drama that they realize it. Schadenfreude, baby...yeah.

The material they sent was clearly cut-and-pasted off HealthCare.gov – an explanation of why we couldn’t change our plans and how we should have known that this common medication would not be covered in our plan. There was a line in there about a three-day appeals process when a medication is denied; this was the first time in countless phone calls or emails that anyone even suggested there was such a process. Shouldn’t that have been the first thing the Obamacare Phone People said?

It's okay to laugh.

Our math had changed. Initially we hoped to get Miles a plan for less than the $421 cost of his COBRA. Now Miles was stuck in an Obamacare plan for $246 plus $438 out of pocket for his medications. Anything less than $690 a month was now a bargain.

So, they get to pay more for the privilege of paying more...and getting less. In other words, this is the same experience everyone else is having. Of course, it still hasn't sunk in yet that there isn't anything unusual about their personal experience. They think that it's a fluke, that everyone else is getting kickass coverage for pennies.

And to, once again, validate the law of, "you can't fix stupid..."

Come November, we’ll check back and see what Obamacare plans are available for 2015. We want the ACA to work; the previous status quo certainly did not.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:04:27 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2014, 02:44:45 PM »
Very long and detailed article written by homosexual Politico hack about the horrible experience that he and his "husband" encountered trying (unsuccessfully) to acquire health coverage via their hero's infamous website. For some reason it didn't make it into The Politico, though, and ended up in The Daily Caller. Go figure.

As we hoisted champagne flutes in the first seconds of 2014, my partner and I toasted all the usual things people do as they look ahead to the coming year. Health. Happiness. Love. Optimism. Hope.

To that traditional list, we added one more: Obamacare. My husband, Miles, was enrolled in what appeared to be an excellent, affordable plan at the stroke of midnight. Celebration seemed in order.

It had been a tough slog, of course. We’d worried the GOP would succeed in defunding it or undermining it in some other way that would put affordable coverage further out of our reach. Then we’d wrestled with that horrific website, struggled to understand the choices before us and waited nervously after we did so to see if the insurance card would actually materialize. It did.

Ten days in, we decided to cancel Miles’ Obamacare plan, swallow hundreds of dollars we’ll probably never recover and buy him a private policy away from the Federal Health Insurance Exchange Marketplace. His new plan does benefit from many requirements of the Affordable Care Act as well, so that’s good.

But even the administrators at Obamacare’s headquarters have agreed this is the best option. Really.

That’s not how it was supposed to be. After dozens of hours of phone calls that displaced my usual work obligations this week, only one thing is clear: Nobody can give anybody a straight or consistent answer to anything.

Our troubles may strike some as trivial and particular, although they wouldn’t if it happened to them. And anyone who wants a successful system – as we do – must understand that these nightmares are happening across the nation to the very people who want Obamacare to work.

The Phone Person lied. They lie a lot. And this would become very important later.

Three days into 2014, Miles took his Obamacare out for its maiden drive. His stop at the doctor went fine. At the pharmacy, it crashed.

His medication — which has cost us a co-pay of between $10 and $30 under every other plan he’s had since 2004 including one under Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan — would not be covered. At all.

That’s $438 out of pocket. Every month. And it won’t even go against the plan deductible.

In other words, this nifty $246 Obamacare plan would actually cost $686 a month.

I'm tearing up at this point. Really.

The saddest thing is: 

HE STILL THINKS IT COULD "WORK"!  and STILL wants it to "succeed"!  It just needs work.............

Quite insane in my book.    When your drinking the kool-aid that long.......... 

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2014, 03:27:52 PM »
Thanks Trap, I needed the release after another sort of depressing i won presser.

http://therightscoop.com/video-obama-were-not-just-waiting-for-legislation-ive-got-a-pen-and-i-can-use-it-to-sign-executive-orders/

declaration of dictatorship by none other than f**kface I
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2014, 07:27:29 AM »
(comment on ofukcface redacted due to incindiary nature)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2014, 09:15:07 AM »
Thanks Trap, I needed the release after another sort of depressing i won presser.

http://therightscoop.com/video-obama-were-not-just-waiting-for-legislation-ive-got-a-pen-and-i-can-use-it-to-sign-executive-orders/

declaration of dictatorship by none other than f**kface I

You're looking at it wrong warpmine (IMO). I'm encouraged every time the HNIC goes out in front of the cameras and boldly declares his intention to break not only the law but his oath of office.

One of two things is going to come of this: either a sufficient number of people on both the right and the left will say enough is enough and rein him in or we will go to the mats. I'm good either way.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2014, 05:01:15 PM »

I'm tearing up at this point. Really, I am. Okay, well, no...not really.

Now comes the part where I get to have one of those, "See, I told you so..." laugh out loud moments...

Much more troubling than the fact that we received so much worthless and conflicting information was that there was nobody to appeal to, nobody to trust.

Aetna had plans on the federal marketplace as well, so I returned to HealthCare.gov to seek out a different plan for Miles. The site, however, incorrectly — surprise! — believed Miles hadn’t yet enrolled in the plan he was in.

Thus, I found myself back on the line with an Obamcare Phone Person. This time, however, I was told that once someone is enrolled in a plan via the marketplace, they cannot change it until the next open enrollment period in November. The only time to change plans, I learned, was before we paid the first premium.

So...basically...they are screwed. Now, you and I knew that they were screwed from the moment this monstrosity was made into law but it is at this point in the drama that they realize it. Schadenfreude, baby...yeah.

The material they sent was clearly cut-and-pasted off HealthCare.gov – an explanation of why we couldn’t change our plans and how we should have known that this common medication would not be covered in our plan. There was a line in there about a three-day appeals process when a medication is denied; this was the first time in countless phone calls or emails that anyone even suggested there was such a process. Shouldn’t that have been the first thing the Obamacare Phone People said?

It's okay to laugh.

Our math had changed. Initially we hoped to get Miles a plan for less than the $421 cost of his COBRA. Now Miles was stuck in an Obamacare plan for $246 plus $438 out of pocket for his medications. Anything less than $690 a month was now a bargain.

So, they get to pay more for the privilege of paying more...and getting less. In other words, this is the same experience everyone else is having. Of course, it still hasn't sunk in yet that there isn't anything unusual about their personal experience. They think that it's a fluke, that everyone else is getting kickass coverage for pennies.

And to, once again, validate the law of, "you can't fix stupid..."

Come November, we’ll check back and see what Obamacare plans are available for 2015. We want the ACA to work; the previous status quo certainly did not.

Let me get that poor boy a tissue. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2014, 07:26:57 AM »
The stupid burns so hot the vapors being released make me laugh my arse off!   ::hysterical::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2014, 02:57:43 PM »
. . .
You walk in,  you tell them your situation, and you ask them to deal.  Hell even if you are really sick and don't have the money you can work out a payment plan with most places - which is how it was done before WWII when ALMOST NO ONE had insurance. And will be again, because no one will have insurance after Obama care kicks in.

Not so fast there. What do you call Single Payer? We all know this is the true Democrat goal. Screw up the US Health Care System to the point that the insurance companies bankrupt themselves and the choice to the taxpayers is another huge bailout OR SINGLE PAYER.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2014, 06:48:13 PM »

Not so fast there. What do you call Single Payer? We all know this is the true Democrat goal. Screw up the US Health Care System to the point that the insurance companies bankrupt themselves and the choice to the taxpayers is another huge bailout OR SINGLE PAYER.

Single payer is a leftist pipe dream that won't exist for more than a few years before there is a complete dollar collapse and the Fed loose the power to provide anything to anyone.  We are already borrowing the labor of our children to pay for what is being provided now. After a collapse they won't be able to borrow a penny from anyone. So yeah, let it burn. Bring on Single Payer - make the whole thing cost more, borrow more! Add that fuel to the fire, and lets get it over with so that I might live to see some sanity restored for my children in my lifetime.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2014, 01:48:42 AM »
A few days ago, when we reported that the existing main IT contractor behind Obamacare, CGI Federal, was kicked out and replaced by Accenture, we wondered the reason was that the government was unable to go through the "full and open competition process" before awarding them with a $91 million contract. Recall that "because of time constraints, CMS is awarding the Accenture contract on a sole-source basis." Naturally in a process plagued with mistake after mistake, awarding an express contract with no RFP or contract bidding, is merely the latest one.

So how does the Federal government explain this scramble to hand over the "sole-sourced" healthcare.gov IT contract (to a company made possible thanks to Enron) so late in the process? Simple: the usual mutually assured destruction tactic used so "effectively" in all other recent rushed decisions. As The Hill reports, unless Accenture finishes (and fixes) the back-end of the HealthCare.gov portal by mid-March, the healthcare law will be jeopardized, according to a procurement document posted on a federal website. The punchline: "It says insurers could be bankrupt and the entire healthcare industry threatened if the build out is not completed." In other words, a newly retained consulting company has less than three months to fix all the errors of coding by a different company, and make sure healthcare.gov is working properly... all 500 million lines of healthcare.gov's code?

This is from Zero Hedge and there is a really cool graphic that illustrates just what 500 million lines of code looks like in comparison to other large and complex computer programs. Hint: It's smaller than the human genome but only by a factor of six.

So...what do we have here? We have a new countdown date: mid-March 2014. That's like two months now. A $91 million contract to correct the errors in 500 million lines of code, make the financial back end of DumbassCare work OR ELSE the whole things self destructs. Well, at least we won't have too long to wait. There is absolutely zero chance of this mess being fixed in 2 years, let alone in 2 months.

How long after mid-March before the wheels really start to fall off of this choochoo? I don't know. Hard to say. But if HRH King Barack I starts to issue edicts to prop it up then it won't just be the health insurance industry that will fail. The whole stinking US economy will be put in jeopardy.

It is interesting, in an involuntary passenger/observer sort of way to witness history being made. It is interesting (and horrifying) to see what took dozens of generations of hard work to accomplish be utterly destroyed in less than a decade. Essentially what we, as citizens, are being made to experience here is something like that old, "What are the chances of 1000 monkeys randomly smacking typewriter keys and churning out the combined works of Shakespeare?" story played out for real with the US economic system. We have a very old and very petulant child (aided by some very old, and very stupid wet nurses in Congress) at the controls of the country with no way to stop him from f**king everything up.

Yes, we have been "blessed" with the fortune of living in "interesting times."

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:52:15 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2014, 07:35:09 AM »
BOHICA10!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2014, 07:29:07 AM »
All that code...so little devoted to securing the private information of citizens gullible and desperate enough to sign up for it...

Security expert hacks site and downloads 70,000 records in 4 minutes!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-20/security-expert-hacks-obamacare-website-4-minutes-accesses-70000-records

Maybe billions more and another 500m lines of code will do the trick, eh?   ::unknowncomic::

Biggest Fustercluck Ever!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2014, 07:24:46 AM »
Target reduces hours for some, fires others...the ObamaCare Effect strikes again!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-22/obamacare-strikes-again-target-drops-part-timers-healthcare-plan-and-fires-others-ju

Winning, progressive-style!