Author Topic: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare  (Read 37892 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The Very Pinnacle Of Schadenfreude Unleashed Via DumbassCare
« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2014, 12:50:13 AM »
Damn, Libertas, you are really carrying the water for this thread. I feel bad for having abandoned it. And that's because there really is a lot of news about how DumbassCare is screwing people over...usually several stories per week.

And it's only a matter of time before the illegals who are flooding in contribute to the collapse of the healthcare system.

I will try and keep up.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2014, 06:45:15 AM »
I swear I don't even have to look hard and it seems like every day there is a new story of people getting effed over by this Obamanation...it is literally an avalanche of misery...which is after all the natural by-product of any progressive thought put into action.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2014, 12:15:35 PM »
http://weaselzippers.us/192874-boehner-will-sue-obama-over-obamacare-employer-mandate/

Whatever...

WGAF?!

Only reason this schmuck is doing this is to look like he is doing something...and this is easier albeit less effective than impeachment and repeal!

::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2014, 11:46:23 AM »
New Yorkers...

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=243623

Yeah, that's a shame...

/

::smallestviolin::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2014, 08:04:16 AM »
Did someone say "Hey, isn't it about time for some more illegal Executive ObamaCare exemptions to be decreed?"?  Well yeah, I guess someone did...just didn't get much play in the MFM circles...if at all...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-20/white-house-quietly-exempts-45-million-people-5-territories-obamacare

Laws are meaningless, decrees are all that matter...

We best start acting accordingly, eh?

That 'ol phrase "The Devil made me do it" to be revised to "Obama made me do it"...same meaning though...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2014, 11:18:58 AM »
Bwuuhaahaaa!  DC Court knocks subsidies down...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101819065

Though I take gleeful chortling of this starting the unravelling of this abomination with a massive grain of salt...been there seen that misguided glee before, only to have statists win in the end...

But, the continued unneccessary drama and pain of O'BongosCare continues...

ETA - The lawless Obama Junta to ignore the ruling...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/white-house-spokesman-josh-earnest-says-administration-will-ignore-court-ruling-on-obamacare-video/

...so, rule by dictate still in play?

Awesome.  Time for another banana republic favorite - the military coup!

Welcome to latter day America, chumps!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:42:33 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2014, 11:53:29 AM »
ObamaCare - Worse than cancelling cable or satellite!   ::hysterical::

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=244453

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2014, 09:28:01 PM »

Never mind that, I want to cancel Obama!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2014, 06:51:09 AM »

Never mind that, I want to cancel Obama!

Hey!  Take a number and get in line, pal!   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2014, 02:41:58 PM »
Oh...hey...

http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/the-gao-launched-an-obamacare-sting-operation-and-almost-all-fake-insurance-applications-were-approved-20140723

If a bunch of bureaucrats at GAO can find this much fraud...just think how much an independent outside party with no horse in the race could find!!!

::speechless::

::cussing::  insane!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #290 on: July 26, 2014, 01:17:55 AM »
I don't see any discussion of the Halbig v. Burwell decision at the DC court of appeals on this thread so here goes...

Halbig was a decision (2-1) in favor of the rule of law. It was opposed (later that same day) by the 4 District appeals court (3-0) in King v. Burwell.

Just to be clear: All four judges who ruled against the challengers were appointed by Democrats and the 2 who ruled for the challengers were appointed by Republicans. Something to think about when control of the Senate comes up as a topic.

Okay, getting back to the subject at hand...

1. If the Halbig decision is upheld then it is a victory for the rule of law (words mean things) and a defeat for DumbassCare.

2. If King is upheld then DumbassCare wins and the rule of law is pretty much formally destroyed once and for all by the judicial branch.

I don't know any other way to look at the two possible outcomes.

Although it is true that we have a defacto destruction of the rule of law going on right now via BO's exec orders and refusal to enforce legislation, this would formalize it if King triumphs over Halbig.

Now...on the other hand...if Halbig ultimately wins (and I'm not going into the three dimensional chess game as to how one wins over the other, procedurally speaking), does that mean the end of DumbassCare via an insurance rate death spiral?

There are a lot of people out there that think that it cannot happen...that it's too late to kill the law no matter what...that taxpayers (voters) in states without their own exchanges would, after losing their fed subsidies, demand that their states put an exchange together. And that seems to be the point of the way that the law was written. (I know that this is another tangent to this discussion but I just have to go there so please indulge me for a moment). In the past two days there are at least two separate speeches that have come to light where a principle architect of DumbassCare has been found to have said things which support the central theme of Halbig. That theme is that the law was written this way on purpose (that it wasn't a typo) to get states to start their own exchanges. Today someone at CSPAN dug up a video of Max Baucus claiming (in a Senate hearing no less) the exact same thing back in 2009.

But...IF Halbig does go through, if it's upheld (and if King is defeated) then we are in for a truly bumpy ride. Several million will lose their free money from BO and they might even have to pay it back. That's where the potential for schadenfreude comes in.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #291 on: July 26, 2014, 08:27:01 AM »

Okay, getting back to the subject at hand...

1. If the Halbig decision is upheld then it is a victory for the rule of law (words mean things) and a defeat for DumbassCare.

2. If King is upheld then DumbassCare wins and the rule of law is pretty much formally destroyed once and for all by the judicial branch.

The rule of law died a long time ago.  It died when the supreme court decided that growing corn on your own land to feed your own cows is "interstate commerce" - which is where the NEW and IMPROVED commerce clause got its power.  A "penalty" is a "tax" according to Roberts.  A bill whose original house originated text can be  entirely erased and "amended" by the Senate and still  be said to have originated in the House. The sad part is that the left thinks this sort of childish word play is "clever" 

All Leftists are bad faith actors.  You can't make and agreement of compromise with them because to them WORDS DON'T MEAN THINGS if those meaning would conflict with getting what they want. Any agreement you have that becomes a liability to that goal is old, racist, stupid, irrelevant and can be safely disregarded.

Of course Words are just symbols we use to communicate  - many of which stand for real things in the real word.  And Reality doesn't care if the words are accurate representations or not.  Tinkerbell will no come to life  regardless of how many idiot leftists believe in fairies.  May they suffer greatly as that comes to pass.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2014, 09:40:23 AM »
And that's why I also said that we already have a defacto destruction of the rule of law but that this would pretty much formalize it...that is, put us under a defacto monarchy where even the courts recognize that the law means whatever the chief executive (and his duly appointed minions) says they mean. It becomes the formal end of the republic.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2014, 02:53:52 PM »
The rule of law is dead, we have the rule of man because people let them get away with it and because there is nobody fighting it.  Obama & the dems ignore law and make up rules on the fly, I suggest we act likewise, to me none them matter anymore.  They want anarchy?  Fine, let's choke them with it!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2014, 06:19:31 PM »
And that's why I also said that we already have a defacto destruction of the rule of law but that this would pretty much formalize it...that is, put us under a defacto monarchy where even the courts recognize that the law means whatever the chief executive (and his duly appointed minions) says they mean. It becomes the formal end of the republic.

Isn't it fitting that this will become the case if the courts decide in favor of someone named King?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »
Fascist healthcare goon Jon "Hans" Gruber at it again...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/flashback-video-jonathan-gruber-the-architect-of-obamacare-caught-in-another-speak-o/

...these insects cannot remember all the lies they tell, they tell so many...so much so when they speak honestly they have to lie about it later...

We need a Fascist roach motel...

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »
The logical conclusion of the ends justifying the means.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2014, 07:37:35 AM »
Fascist healthcare goon Jon "Hans" Gruber at it again...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/flashback-video-jonathan-gruber-the-architect-of-obamacare-caught-in-another-speak-o/

...these insects cannot remember all the lies they tell, they tell so many...so much so when they speak honestly they have to lie about it later...

We need a Fascist roach motel...

Well, now we know one of them, the "architects" of this stinkin' law, because it sure wasn't any of our "legislators" as they didn't know what was in the bill either.

Let that sink in.  They hired this MIT egghead to do the work they can't be bothered to do anymore.

More info.

Mr. Gruber has spent decades modeling the intricacies of the health care ecosystem, which involves making predictions about how new laws will play out based on past experience and economic theory. It is his research that convinced the Obama administration that health care reform could not work without requiring everyone to buy insurance.

"Modeling"; because that worked out so well with AGW.

"Economic theory" because Keynes, right?

And More.

I honestly don’t remember why I said that. I was speaking off-the-cuff. It was just a mistake. People make mistakes. Congress made a mistake drafting the law and I made a mistake talking about it.

I have to laugh.  The lies.  For their purposes, they screwed up; "Congress" in writing it and he in speaking about it.  They tried to write the law to screw us as bad as they could and they ended up screwing themselves.  And now it is THE law; the court, for now, has upheld it and they want a do-over.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #298 on: July 29, 2014, 07:42:12 AM »
http://thefederalist.com/2014/07/28/halbig-shows-how-we-legislate-now/

So they screamed that the court’s decision was totally ridiculous and implausible—and then up pops a two-year-old video from one of the Affordable Care Act’s architects, Jonathan Gruber, in which he clearly explains that this is exactly what the law says—that denying subsidies on the federal exchanges was a way of pressuring the states to get on board. More recently, Gruber has been telling everyone that this provision was just a typo and was never intended at all. He even claims his 2012 statement was also a mistake, a “speak-o.” Except that he said the same thing on at least one other occasion. So that gives you a good idea of the honesty of ObamaCare’s supporters.

But the big question is: why do they think they can get away with this? Why do they think they can write something into the law, go around for a couple of years explaining that provision to audiences, and then pretend later that it wasn’t there at all and it’s patently ridiculous for anyone to think it ever was?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2014, 07:59:38 AM »
More proof that not only does Das Kapital have to burn, so do many so-called institutes of higher learning...and think tanks...

Health care is a fricken ecosystem?   ::facepalm::   ::outrage:: 

Models, theories...

Politicians who don't give a frick and can't be bothered to understand what they vote on...

Yeah, and you get a horsesh*t law nobody asked for to fix a problem that didn't exist to the extent the progs wished it did, but their lust to create the second to last stepping stone to universal single payer government control over your life from birth to death was too great a temptation to pass on...all that control, all that power in prog hands!  The filthy demons couldn't let that pass them by!

And now they get away with illegal dictates and lies...

Yeah, color me fricken shocked!  This is Amerika today, don't like it?  Tough!  STFD & STFU or revolt!