Author Topic: Puppycide documentary coming up short on Kickstarter  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Finrod

• Newb
Puppycide documentary coming up short on Kickstarter
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:35:08 PM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1850434439/puppycide-the-documentary

This documentary has 8 days left on Kickstarter and so far has only received about $30,000 of the $100,000 they need.  In their words:

Every 98 minutes, a dog is shot by law enforcement. Help us tell their stories.

PUPPYCIDE is a feature length documentary that takes a journey with victims of puppycide, the dogs and their owners. From the moment they meet and seal their emotional bonds to the excruciating trauma of loss, we follow the dog owners' battles for justice with police culture and the legal system, both of which treat puppycides as acceptable collateral damage.

With your help, this film will examine why puppycides are increasing, why they are so devastating, and the tools available to prevent them.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Puppycide documentary coming up short on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:09:29 AM »
Quite honestly, even though I've read that this is a problem, I think the money and effort would be 1000X better spent on a documentary about police abuse, "SWATting", the militarization of our police forces, and their military equipment pipeline from the federal government through the DHS.

All things being equal, I care about how police increasingly abuse power in regards to human beings.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson