Author Topic: Third Navy officer arrested in bribery scheme  (Read 788 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Third Navy officer arrested in bribery scheme
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:01:36 AM »
What has happened to Honorable Service to our country?

Third Navy officer arrested in bribery scheme
Associated Press By JULIE WATSON
12 hours ago

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Federal authorities arrested a third senior U.S. Navy official Wednesday in connection with a massive bribery scheme in Asia involving prostitutes and luxury travel.

U.S. Navy Cmdr. Jose Luis Sanchez was arrested in Tampa, Fla. His lawyer could not be immediately reached for comment.

In a criminal complaint, Sanchez is accused of accepting prostitutes, $100,000 cash and other bribes from Leonard Glenn Francis, the CEO of Singapore-based Glenn Defense Marine Asia Ltd., or GDMA.

Prosecutors say in exchange, Sanchez passed on classified U.S. Navy information to the Malaysian contractor, whose company has serviced Navy ships in the Pacific for 25 years and is accused of overbilling the Pentagon by millions.

Wednesday's arrest marks the latest development in the case rocking the Navy. The accusations signal serious national security breaches and corruption and has set off high-level meetings at the Pentagon with the threat that more people, including those of higher ranks, could be swept up as the investigation continues. A hearing Nov. 8 could set a trial date.

"According to the allegations in this case, a number of officials were willing to sacrifice their integrity and millions of taxpayer dollars for personal gratification," U.S. Attorney Laura Duffy said after Wednesday's arrest.

The two other senior officials arrested in recent weeks in the case are Navy Cmdr. Michael Vannak Khem Misiewicz — who like Sanchez, is accused of giving Francis' company confidential information about Navy ship routes — and a senior Navy investigator, John Beliveau II.

Prosecutors allege in a criminal complaint that Beliveau, 44, kept Francis abreast of the bribery probe and advised him on how to respond in exchange for such things as prostitution services.

http://news.yahoo.com/third-navy-officer-arrested-bribery-scheme-230401021.html
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Third Navy officer arrested in bribery scheme
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 08:09:38 AM »
Dumbasses.  Now, purging traitors, that I can get behind.  Perhpas the pc/diversity/multi-culti recruitment, retention and promotion criteria can share a lot of this blame, as well as stupidity, poor oversight and security clearance vetting (the latter often farmed-out to private outfits that may be too cozy with a congressman and or Pentagon brass or civilian leader!)!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:04:10 AM »
This is what happens when you purge the upper brass, who are staunch believers in the Constitution and the oath that they took, and replace them with political lap dogs that are as corrupt as the POSOTUS.  The underlings want some of that action too and are as corrupt at the new bosses.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »
To fix this is a nightmare for a new POTUS, even if a POTUS worth a damn got in...they'd be forced to skip over the senior hacks left in place and go to younger folk to find people of merit and promote them over the detritus!  Even if it is taking Colonels and Captains and making them 2 & 3 stars and taking Majors and Lt.Cmdrs and making them Colonels and Captains!  Fricken SCoaMF!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
Not neccessarily. It is not unheard of to bring honored men out of retirement to lend their expertise and credibility.....and the statesmen among them would assuredly do so, for the right cause.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ