Author Topic: I must be losing my mind!  (Read 12854 times)

Offline KittenClaws

I must be losing my mind!
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:46:15 PM »
How could I have forgotten that I joined this most excellent site until I had been deleted? This is, of course, a rhetorical question.  If I were a liberal, I'd blame Dubya for my woes and dare you to put forth a challenge, which I'd spin to my benefit anyway.

But, I am a conservative.  The type those in DC circles describe as a gun toting, bible thumping, extremist. 

I consider Rush Limbaugh political entertainment, or "the lighter side of politics" and Mark Levin as political enlightenment or "the serious side of politics".

I am not what television calls a "prepper" but I do prepare for what I see as a coming storm. Yes, I'm being a bit vague, but this is just an intro.

As a Christian, I believe we "all sin and fall short of the glory of God".  I also believe that true repentance of sin can lead to salvation. The homosexual lobby seeks normalize and create acceptance of deviant behavior. I can't and I won't be forced to do so. This may offend some in this forum, I am open to respectful exchange of views, but I will never change my view.

I have two dogs, both terrier mix rescues and three cats, two rescues and one acquired from a friend who "had to find a home for her cats kittens" (get your dang animals fixed!).

I have been married forever to a man I love and respect, but who is still - just a man.  What I mean to say is, I understand that men truly are from Mars and women are from Venus. Once that is understood, the rest is a cool breeze.

I'm ready to become an active member of this site, so I guess I better close out so I can get started.

KC

2?

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: I must be losing my mind!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 10:25:51 PM »
Oh, honey; glad to have you.  Jump in, the water's fine.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 10:35:57 PM »
Thanks Pandora, I've stuck my toe in the water a bit!

Tell me about yourself.
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 11:08:30 PM »
Darlin' anything you'd want or need to know is in these pages.  Set a spell and immerse; you'll get to know us all a bit better.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 11:53:54 PM »
Excellent introduction KC!

So... you were here before, and got your account deleted? Did you have a different username before? I don't recall this one.

Regardless, glad to have you. Make yourself at home.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 07:19:17 AM »
Why is it when I read Pan & Kitten I am hearing the words in a sweet Southern drawl?   ;D

Hey, I'm not complaining...I kinda likes it!   ::thumbsup::

Welcome aboard KittenClaws...go ahead and ahh, dig right in!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 09:55:21 AM »
Excellent introduction KC!

So... you were here before, and got your account deleted? Did you have a different username before? I don't recall this one.

Regardless, glad to have you. Make yourself at home.

I may have tried to create a new persona rather than my known FReeper and UOD screen name KittenClaws.  But I surely must have used something, because I did get the email about inactive posters.

I risk sounding stupid right out of the box by posting my recollection of registering here before, but I'll give it a whirl anyway.

It has been some time ago, but I do recall registering then going back to look for this site the following day.  I do not write down passwords or retain history or cookies on my computer, but I’ve never forgotten the name of a forum I’ve enjoyed visiting!

Never say never, I guess.  I wound up at another forum with a very similar name and had to register again.  The site was not as I had remembered it the night before - at all (Duh).  I posted a few times, grew tired of the cliques and left.  On that site, I used MissKitty.

I can say with all honesty that I am happy to have been deleted!

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »
Why is it when I read Pan & Kitten I am hearing the words in a sweet Southern drawl?   ;D

Hey, I'm not complaining...I kinda likes it!   ::thumbsup::

Welcome aboard KittenClaws...go ahead and ahh, dig right in!

I actually have a Texas "twang".  Not as kind to the ears as a southern drawl, but good for getting the point across. ;)

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 10:03:19 AM »
Darlin' anything you'd want or need to know is in these pages.  Set a spell and immerse; you'll get to know us all a bit better.

Thanks Pandora!

And thank you all for the great welcome. BTW, loved the Star Wars..

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 10:13:23 AM »
...On that site, I used MissKitty....

Were you MissKitty at the Powerline Forum??? There definitely WAS a MissKitty there, and quite honestly, in our effort to reunite the Powerline gang at this domain's predecessor after PLF went kaput, "MissKitty" is one of the usernames I attempted to track down, to no avail.

If it is indeed the same "MissKitty", I always enjoyed your posts and your wit. If not, well, welcome anyhoo!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »

Were you MissKitty at the Powerline Forum??? There definitely WAS a MissKitty there, and quite honestly, in our effort to reunite the Powerline gang at this domain's predecessor after PLF went kaput, "MissKitty" is one of the usernames I attempted to track down, to no avail.

If it is indeed the same "MissKitty", I always enjoyed your posts and your wit. If not, well, welcome anyhoo!

I've been asked that once before when I used MissKitty. She must have been quite a gal! I think there is a MissKitty at Conservative Underground. You might drop in there and look around if they still exist.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »
I have been married forever to a man I love and respect, but who is still - just a man.  What I mean to say is, I understand that men truly are from Mars and women are from Venus. Once that is understood, the rest is a cool breeze.

My wife has informed me I fall short of her standards occasionally. ::unknowncomic::

Welcome and a very pleasant intro!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »
Here kitty kitty kitty.

Here is where you need to be. Welcome.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 03:53:26 PM »

KC

The first 49-1/2 years are the hardest!  ::)  ;)
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »

I've been asked that once before when I used MissKitty. She must have been quite a gal! I think there is a MissKitty at Conservative Underground. You might drop in there and look around if they still exist.

The Powerline Forum went down so abruptly that it caught many of us up short. I'm amazed at times that as many of us reunited - I guess we were just meant to be ;')

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »
Well, I'm sure glad you're here, Soupie.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 06:53:36 PM »

The Powerline Forum went down so abruptly that it caught many of us up short. I'm amazed at times that as many of us reunited - I guess we were just meant to be ;')

I admit ignorance of the Powerline Forum. Have you heard of Unite or Die?  It had an abrupt end as well.  No infighting at all, it had an almost overnight growth spurt. We didn't know where the people came from, couldn't control inappropriate posts.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 07:20:21 PM »
We didn't know where the people came from, couldn't control inappropriate posts.

I kinda think that's why IDP (that's IronDioPriest) asks anyone what brings 'em here.

Inappropriate posts and controlled by controlling inappropriate posters.

We've had a very welcome growth spurt ourselves lately.  I'm hoping most of y'all will stick around.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
We didn't know where the people came from, couldn't control inappropriate posts.

I kinda think that's why IDP (that's IronDioPriest) asks anyone what brings 'em here.

Inappropriate posts and controlled by controlling inappropriate posters.

We've had a very welcome growth spurt ourselves lately.  I'm hoping most of y'all will stick around.

Please don't misunderstand me. I think growth spurts are a necessary and good thing for any forum.  I am happy to be a part of this one!

However, some spurts can be the result of infighting and exodus from another forum;  without proper moderation, that can place any site in a precarious position.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
Yah, we've sort of been through that once already.