Author Topic: Trump: The American Idol Candidate, Baybee!!  (Read 2014 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Trump: The American Idol Candidate, Baybee!!
« on: April 11, 2011, 02:25:40 PM »
Sure, old Donald jumped out in a poll and why not? He has it all: The Trophy Wife, The Billions, The Ballsy NY Accent, the TV Show, The Hair. Honestly, what more could you ask for in this American Idol Culture that picked a half-black unknown with buckets of charm and the ability to read a speech. Like gravitas means anything on the First Tuesday in November!

I can see Pres. Trump now, standing on the pitching deck of a US warship off the coast of the latest ME Hellhole, with cameras focused on his scowling face, summoning salvos of Cruise and Tomahawks “You’re fired!, You’re fired!” “You’re fired!” Bully good! It would be as if old Teddy Roosevelt had been resurrected from the grave!

Ahhh, until then, let The Donald be the political equivalent of a Kamakazi pilot crashing onto the deck of the USS Barack Obama.

What greater theatre! Better than American Idol, Baybee!!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Trump: The American Idol Candidate, Baybee!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 02:27:20 PM »
I don't take Trump any more seriously than I do Donny Douche on Morning Joe .

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
I don't take Trump any more seriously than I do Donny Douche on Morning Joe .

I've got to say, though, this ....

I can see Pres. Trump now, standing on the pitching deck of a US warship off the coast of the latest ME Hellhole, with cameras focused on his scowling face, summoning salvos of Cruise and Tomahawks “You’re fired!, You’re fired!” “You’re fired!”

... is pretty funny.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 03:42:14 PM »
Is there any doubt, if obama was a participant on Trumps reality show, he would have already heard "You're Fired". ::exitstageleft::

Trump understands his part in the great scheme of the Presidency. He is playin it perfectly.

I bet he wouldn't bow.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »
This is really Soros vs Trump.

Soros is stuck with Obama and Trump, well, he's got himself.

hahaha
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »
Jason Lewis was just railing on Trump, and he made a really good point that I hadn't thought of.

Trump is running like a coward, not a statesman. He is throwing out plenty of red meat designed to attract attention. He is throwing out tough trade rhetoric as if all our problems in trade and manufacturing deficits are the fault of China or policy failures in relation to China, when the reality is that our failures are mainly punitive tax and regulatory policies that have nothing to do with China. So far Trump hasn't been willing to take any tough stands that will make the American people understand the predicament we're in. He's talking about holding the level of spending, and talks of all entitlements as if their existence is a foregone conclusion.

I'll add my .02¢. What happens after Trump throws his eggs in the Birther basket, wins the GOP nomination, and Obama rolls out the long-form BC he's been withholding for just such an occasion, 2 weeks before the election? Trump is gambling, but the GOP primary electorate cannot afford that gamble.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 06:48:08 PM »
I want him out there long enough to ask all the questions that just piss bambi off. Lot him be the lighning rod for the rest of the pack. Since Bambi is coming in with a Billion to spend let Trump be the guy making him spend it answering to Trump.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 07:13:47 PM »
I want him out there long enough to ask all the questions that just piss bambi off. Lot him be the lighning rod for the rest of the pack. Since Bambi is coming in with a Billion to spend let Trump be the guy making him spend it answering to Trump.
    ::thumbsup::

Yes, yes, yes.

And light a fire under some worms.  Also shine a light on some others.
He is making a first pass on the Ruling Class softening up the field for someone from the Country Class to step into the front row of the arena.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »

Trump is running like a coward, not a statesman.

I would say more like a bully than coward, but they may be opposite sides of the same coin . . . and

I'll add my .02¢. What happens after Trump throws his eggs in the Birther basket, wins the GOP nomination, and Obama rolls out the long-form BC he's been withholding for just such an occasion, 2 weeks before the election? Trump is gambling, but the GOP primary electorate cannot afford that gamble.

I just don't see Trump as being accepted by the GOP faithful as a serious candidate. He can, however, provide a benefit to the other more serious candidates running by being the "designated hitter" for the birther team.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 07:41:49 PM »

Trump is running like a coward, not a statesman.

I would say more like a bully than coward, but they may be opposite sides of the same coin . . . and

I just don't see Trump as being accepted by the GOP faithful as a serious candidate. He can, however, provide a benefit to the other more serious candidates running by being the "designated hitter" for the birther team.

This ^.

And what JF wrote, and Charles Oakwood.

No way the Ruling Class is going to permit Trump to win the nomination.  He's a loose cannon they cannot risk being turned on them in any event.

Maybe, perhaps, he'll be the interference runner/designated hitter for Sarah Palin.  I said maybe.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 08:08:42 PM »
Trump does make the Palin candidacy look pretty vibrant. That and the bunch of old white guys running.
--------------