Author Topic: "France Enforces Veil Ban Today"  (Read 2370 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"France Enforces Veil Ban Today"
« on: April 11, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »
France enforces the veil ban today that makes it a crime to wear the full face burqa in public.

Well, judging from the following found at the Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty link, not so much ....

Police are likely to tread cautiously for fear of igniting tensions.

"We will intervene on request; otherwise we will close our eyes," said Yannick Danio of police union Unité SGP Police.

Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty reported:

A controversial law banning the wearing of garments that cover the face in public comes into force in France today.

It’s the first such nationwide ban to be enforced in an EU country, after similar efforts in Belgium last year were derailed by a government crisis.

The ban primarily affects Muslim women who wear the full-face veil, barring it from government buildings, public services, streets, and entertainment venues.

Proponents argue it is necessary on grounds of security, gender equality, and upholding France’s secular system. The ban also enjoys broad public support in France, with four out of five polled in a survey last year (Pew Global Attitudes Project) saying they approved.

Critcs Claim Ban Increases Harrassment

But critics say it violates rights such as freedom of expression and religion. And many Muslims say they have felt stigmatized during the intense debate that preceded the adoption of the law, as well as by a recent divisive debate on French national identity, and a 2004 law banning Islamic headscarves in classrooms.

Kenza Dryder, a mother-of-four, told Reuters she has faced harassment for wearing the face veil since the law was approved last year:

“I’ve had to deal with every form of abuse,” she said.

“Verbal, moral, physical abuse. Someone [even] assaulted me with a knife. The life I’ve had since the start of this debate? Well, when going outside, I constantly get looks of hatred, insults.”

Am I buying this?  I don't know; would it be the secular French harassing/assaulting this woman?  In any case, I have a solution:  move to any turd-world islamic country that will have her and her family and then she can go burkhanstock in accordance with that country's norms.  Win-win.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: "France Enforces Veil Ban Today"
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 02:34:18 PM »
I hear that the French Gendarmes reserve the right to give paper bags to the ugly ones .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 04:32:15 PM »
Two Muslim women wearing full face veils have been arrested within hours of France's burka ban becoming a law, as they were taking part in a demonstration against the new measure in front of Notre Dame Cathedral in central Paris.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/04/french_burqa_ban_goes_into_eff.html
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:39:40 PM »
...Am I buying this?  I don't know; would it be the secular French harassing/assaulting this woman? ...

If she's breaking the law she should be thrown in jail. The head coverings are either against the law, or they're not. Good for the French for enacting the law. Shame on them for any unwillingness to follow through. These people need to be marginalized.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
...Am I buying this?  I don't know; would it be the secular French harassing/assaulting this woman? ...

If she's breaking the law she should be thrown in jail. The head coverings are either against the law, or they're not. Good for the French for enacting the law. Shame on them for any unwillingness to follow through. These people need to be marginalized.

Agreed, to all that, but this person is claiming misery inflicted on her before the law was officially in effect.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 07:20:19 AM »
I call BS on that Pan!  What she calls abuse is not the same as how normal people define it!  And the physical abuse is all fabricated.  A knife?  Pah!  Fenchy doesn't like messy, a knife my ass!

And the French are not going out of the way to make arrests, most of the arrests I see so far are in smaller groups, where there are larger groups, especially in these enclaves, the law is clearly not being enforced.  The multi-culti/diversity/pc mindeset still persists!

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/04/french-police-said-they-will-be-enforcing-the-countrys-new-burka-ban-extremely-cautiously-because-of.html

They should crack down harder, but I doubt it.  Nobody can dance on the edge of a blade very long before falling to one side or the other!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 09:04:05 AM »
Well she's a slim, what does she expect?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 11:23:14 AM »
Two Muslim women wearing full face veils have been arrested within hours of France's burka ban becoming a law, as they were taking part in a demonstration against the new measure in front of Notre Dame Cathedral in central Paris.

" ... SANCTUARY ! ...."

Quasimodo (1432)  ::evilbat::