Author Topic: Greetings from LadyHawk  (Read 6525 times)

Offline LadyHawk

• Newb
Greetings from LadyHawk
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:17:53 PM »
Hi!  I was posting on Breitbart and a guy who was posting some great commentary invited like-minded individuals to come and give this board a try!
I have posted as CrisD in other conservative forums and LadyHawk (my school's name for its women's teams).  So if you know St.Joe's, you know I am a Philly girl.  But I live in Boston now--don't hold it against me!
Been a conservative since I was a kid.  Love to talk about what's going on.
Am taking a trip to Texas for a few days.  San Antonio...remember The Alamo...be back then.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Greetings from LadyHawk
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »
LadyHawk.  I love it.  Be sure to check in when you get back.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 09:23:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum LadyHawk. I remember an 80's movie by that name, with Rutger Hauer, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Matthew Broderick. Loved it at the time, but haven't seen it in years, so I'm not certain it would hold up.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 09:26:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum LadyHawk. I remember an 80's movie by that name, with Rutger Hauer, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Matthew Broderick. Loved it at the time, but haven't seen it in years, so I'm not certain it would hold up.

'Zackly.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 10:46:12 PM »
Its still a guilty pleasure of mine. Don't know if it "holds up" ( the soundtrack definitely didn't) but I still like to watch it now and again.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 11:45:31 PM »
I think I know you from a previous forum where I was a member.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »
Hi!  I was posting on Breitbart and a guy who was posting some great commentary invited like-minded individuals to come and give this board a try!
I have posted as CrisD in other conservative forums and LadyHawk (my school's name for its women's teams).  So if you know St.Joe's, you know I am a Philly girl.  But I live in Boston now--don't hold it against me!
Been a conservative since I was a kid.  Love to talk about what's going on.
Am taking a trip to Texas for a few days.  San Antonio...remember The Alamo...be back then.

San Antonio? Don't forget the river walk.  I'm out in West Texas so I have to go to San Antonio or Dallas, sometimes Lubbock to get any real good shopping done.

As a native Texan and fellow newbie, I welcome you.

Think I'll be calling you "Boston" though. Just 'cause I think it's cool. 

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus