Author Topic: Happy Veteran's Day  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Tania513

• Likes the place
Happy Veteran's Day
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:21:50 PM »
I wanted to thank all the veterans who have served in the Armed Forces!! You are a special and unique kind of group!! Thankyou for your service and sacrifice!!  ::USA::

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Re: Happy Veteran's Day
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:51:52 PM »
Thank You Tania. 
Please induldge the early post, but I was ask to fill in for someone tomorrow at work.  Her husband has been having a heart problem and they are doing a cath on him.  Ironically two of us that work in that area are the only vets that work in that area, and both of us will be the only ones working tomorrow.  Anyway to my fellow Veterans - Thank You for your service and hope you have a great day;

Changing of the Guard - Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

I had met David Mode while I severed on the USCG Honor Guard - continue to RIP Sgt.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:58:26 PM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »
I wanted to thank all the veterans who have served in the Armed Forces!! You are a special and unique kind of group!! Thankyou for your service and sacrifice!!  ::USA::

Here here!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 07:25:11 AM »

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 07:37:38 AM »
Thank you, everyone. We vets appreciate your comments.  ::USA::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »
Forget baseball and the apple pie.

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 06:21:52 PM »
To all of my fellow veterans, thank you for your service to the republic.

For myself, it was an honor to be allowed to serve.   ::victory::
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Magnum

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 06:23:33 PM »
To all those who served our nation. Words cannot describe my appreciation, deepest gratitude and thankfulness on what you did for us.............................

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 07:33:08 AM »
Forget baseball and the apple pie.

Heh, warms my Cold Warrior heart!   ::thumbsup::

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 09:39:27 AM »
48 Soldiers Meeting Their Children For The First Time
Servicemen returning home from deployment have their first moments with their newborn sons and daughters.

More photos, here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/48-soldiers-meeting-their-children-for-the-first-time?bffb
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 11:32:55 AM »
Dang, Pablo...something in my eye...

::thumbsup::

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 09:03:41 AM »
Author unknown......but I wish I had done it.

When a Veteran leaves the 'job' and retires to a better life, many are jealous, some are pleased, and others, who may have already retired, wonder if he knows what he is leaving behind, because we already know.

1. We know, for example, that after a lifetime of camaraderie that few experience, it will remain as a longing for those past times.

2. We know in the Military life there is a fellowship which lasts long after the uniforms are hung up in the back of the closet.

3. We know even if he throws them away, they will be on him with every step and breath that remains in his life. We also know how the very bearing of the man speaks of what he was and in his heart still is.

These are the burdens of the job. You will still look at people suspiciously, still see what others do not see or choose to ignore and always will look at the rest of the Military world with a respect for what they do; only grown in a lifetime of knowing.

Never think for one moment you are escaping from that life. You are only escaping the 'job' and merely being allowed to leave 'active' duty.

So what I wish for you is that whenever you ease into retirement, in your heart you never forget for one moment that you are still a member of the greatest fraternity the world has ever known.

NOW... Civilian Friends vs. Veteran Friends Comparisons:

CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Get upset if you're too busy to talk to them for a week.
VETERAN FRIENDS: Are glad to see you after years, and will happily carry on the same conversation you were having the last time you met.
----------------------------------------------------
CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
VETERAN FRIENDS: Have cried with you.
---------------------------------------------------
CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Keep your stuff so long they forget it's yours.
VETERAN FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.
--------------------------------------------------
CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
VETERAN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.
CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
VETERAN FRIENDS: Will stand by you no matter what the crowd does.
CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Are for a while.
VETERAN FRIENDS: Are for life.
CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Have shared a few experiences...
VETERAN FRIENDS: Have shared a lifetime of experiences no citizen could ever dream of...
CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will take your drink away when they think you've had enough.
VETERAN FRIENDS: Will look at you stumbling all over the place and say, 'You better drink the rest of that before you spill it!' Then carry you home safely and put you to bed...
-----------------------------------------------------
CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will ignore this.
VETERAN FRIENDS: Will forward this.
----------------------------------------------------
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, served one hitch, or reserve is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The Government of the United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'.

From one Veteran to another, it's an honor to be in your company. Thank you for your service to our country and defending the freedoms we enjoy.

::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 09:10:38 AM »
“Thank you for your service.” It’s a phrase I have been saying for a long time, which lately has been under fire for being the “politically correct” thing to say. My dad served, alongside his seven brothers, so I know first-hand the sacrifices made by our Veterans. Each day, I have the privilege of interacting with those who have served and their loved ones. More often than not, their service isn’t brought up until I ask them if they are a Veteran. I find them in every walk of life, from physicians to paramedics, police officers to politicians, teachers to therapists, etc. and of course, many Veterans own their own businesses. One of my dearest friends served in the military, where she met and lost her husband, and founded a national organization to help families of the fallen. Another close friend was an Air Force nurse. When we say “thank you” to a Veteran, we are thanking them for stepping forward when others stood back. For sacrificing time with their loved ones and missing holidays and milestones. For risking life and limb to protect the freedoms we all enjoy.

Best regards,

Debbie Gregory, CEO
MilitaryConnection.com