Author Topic: he holds his manhood cheap  (Read 1378 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

he holds his manhood cheap
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:31:38 AM »
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
 For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
 Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
 This day shall gentle his condition;
 And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
 Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
 And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
 That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

this is why the left always disparages the military, why Prof blackistone, on espn called for the removal of the "war anthem" before football games.

those intellectual pacifist know deep in their inner beings that they are incapable of the courage and sacrifice that true patriots have. they know they would rather be safely in "the bed of American freedom" provided by our military. to compensate for this they, instead, spew hatred and derision of those they secretly know are far better citizens until they, as a group, convince themselves in the comfort of their faculty lounges, that their disdain for the military is based on their superior understanding of humanity and they have raised themselves above such brutish work while still enjoying the freedoms such sacrifices have ensured.

I think this intellectual dishonesty on their side, this web of convoluted denials, is what I dislike the most about the left, their sheer ability to deny truth to enable their intellectual cowardice.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:54:04 AM by whimsicalmamapig »
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: he holds his manhood cheap
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:04:14 PM »
...having no soul, no functioning conscious or moral compass, and the cover of like ilk throughout society makes intellectual cowardice super easy for leftists.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:11:24 PM »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
--George Orwell

On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs
By LTC (RET) Dave Grossman, author of "On Killing."

Honor never grows old, and honor rejoices the heart of age. It does so because honor is, finally, about defending those noble and worthy things that deserve defending, even if it comes at a high cost. In our time, that may mean social disapproval, public scorn, hardship, persecution, or as always,even death itself. The question remains: What is worth defending? What is worth dying for? What is worth living for? - William J. Bennett - in a lecture to the United States Naval Academy November 24, 1997

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me:

"Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident." This is true. Remember, the murder rate is six per 100,000 per year, and the aggravated assault rate is four per 1,000 per year. What this means is that the vast majority of Americans are not inclined to hurt one another. Some estimates say that two million Americans are victims of violent crimes every year, a tragic, staggering number, perhaps an all-time record rate of violent crime. But there are almost 300 million Americans, which means that the odds of being a victim of violent crime is considerably less than one in a hundred on any given year. Furthermore, since many violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders, the actual number of violent citizens is considerably less than two million.

Thus there is a paradox, and we must grasp both ends of the situation: We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep....

(more: http://www.gleamingedge.com/mirrors/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:14:44 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 12:22:31 PM »
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
--George Orwell"

this may be true but in the past the "sheep" were at least thankful and respectful of those who would "do violence on their behalf".  the most offense part of the left is that they have a repugnant disdain for the military, much like the garbage man or the plumber who fixes your toilet. sure the military is removing the sh+t and crap from the world, but at least a thank-you would be in order. instead we get that spewed hatred of the likes of prof blackistone.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
--George Orwell"

this may be true but in the past the "sheep" were at least thankful and respectful of those who would "do violence on their behalf".  the most offense part of the left is that they have a repugnant disdain for the military, much like the garbage man or the plumber who fixes your toilet. sure the military is removing the sh+t and crap from the world, but at least a thank-you would be in order. instead we get that spewed hatred of the likes of prof blackistone.

Some sheep are grateful. For the most part they despise both the sheepdog & the wolf...because both have claws, fangs & guns. When violence breaks out, the sheep cling to & hide behind the sheepdogs...until the storm passes; then gradually go back to their annoyance/despising-hatred.

The sheepdog understands this...& does it again anyway.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »
Judging by recent events, there is a purge going on in the military. Obama's traitors are quietly removing the true patriots from positions of leadership.

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »
my family runs a business just off post to a major army division. we interact with military members on a daily basis and in "off the cuff" remarks there is no love for obama and they cannot await his removal. they are forced to act accommodating when he visits but it leaves a bad taste in the minds of the true soldiers, he is a joke to them.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »

Some sheep are grateful. For the most part they despise both the sheepdog & the wolf...because both have claws, fangs & guns. When violence breaks out, the sheep cling to & hide behind the sheepdogs...until the storm passes; then gradually go back to their annoyance/despising-hatred.

Not in what is coming.  Most of the sheep are now wolves in sheep's clothing.  They know perfectly well what they support, and they don't care. They know perfectly well that they voted to put a gun to someone else's head to enslave them into providing stuff they wanted.  They knew perfectly well that they HIRED a wolf to go do it.  Don't tell me the "sheep" don't know who they are conspiring with.  Let them be slaughtered along with the wolves.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »

Not in what is coming.  Most of the sheep are now wolves in sheep's clothing.  They know perfectly well what they support, and they don't care. They know perfectly well that they voted to put a gun to someone else's head to enslave them into providing stuff they wanted.  They knew perfectly well that they HIRED a wolf to go do it.  Don't tell me the "sheep" don't know who they are conspiring with.  Let them be slaughtered along with the wolves.

Nah. They’re still sheep. Most don’t have the capacity to be a wolf…though they may side with the wolf (and find out their true worth to same: i.e. a meal). I never said they didn’t know (or think they knew) with whom they’re conspiring -- but, though they “hired” & conspired with a wolf, they’re just coming to realize that he doesn’t work for anybody but himself…& certainly not them.

They will be slaughtered, though. Some by the wolf, some by the sheepdog (if they reach for his stash of bones) and some by each other as they clamor over the leftover crumbs.  Some may have a cathartic moment and rise to the level of sheepdog in a last ditch effort to defend what they perceive to be theirs. Some may huddle together, and delay their demise by 5, maybe 10, minutes. 

By biting the shepherd and at the same time mistaking the wolf for a shepherd…they’ve made enemies on both sides. And that’s not a good strategy for a sheep. The collateral damage from the crossfire between sheepdog & wolf alone will be enough to kill a good percentage of them.

When it comes to it, I’ll die a sheepdog – protecting my family. My hope is that I can take more than a pack of wolves out before I collapse. After that, the words “Well done, good & faithful servant” will be my reward.

Until then...I'm still educating sheep - for each one turned is a point for us. One certainly has to go through numbers...but finding one is almost its own reward.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 07:56:22 AM »
Until then...I'm still educating sheep - for each one turned is a point for us. One certainly has to go through numbers...but finding one is almost its own reward.

The Sheep are herd animals.  You can't "educate" one sheep at a time. They believe what they believe because all of the other sheep believe it.  The Wolves have adopted a strategy of dressing up in sheep's clothing and bleating  along with the rest of them, and now have decided that EVERYONE  MUST BE A SHEEP. "Four Legs Goood. Two Legs Baaad"

One day in early summer Squealer ordered the sheep to follow him, and led them out to a piece of waste ground at the other end of the farm, which had become overgrown with birch saplings. The sheep spent the whole day there browsing at the leaves under Squealer's supervision. In the evening he returned to the farmhouse himself, but, as it was warm weather, told the sheep to stay where they were. It ended by their remaining there for a whole week, during which time the other animals saw nothing of them. Squealer was with them for the greater part of every day. He was, he said, teaching them to sing a new song, for which privacy was needed.

Teach a few a new song, and they will be back to singing the old one as soon as they are back with the herd. Stupid. Useless. Animals. They deserve all that they get.

Monty Python - Flying Sheep