Author Topic: Games Obama Plays  (Read 463 times)

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Games Obama Plays
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:03:16 PM »
In fact, a close and honest examination reveals that Americans have been living through an extended era of games being played on them – not just in fraudulently imposing Obamacare and staging a government “shutdown,” but nonstop, throughout the course of the entire Obama presidency.

It's well worth a few minutes to read about the games being played.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/games-obama-plays/#y4j4WwTfws0ACRzq.99
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Games Obama Plays
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
My first response is from the gut - "Well, duh!", but truth be told the gamesmanship has been afoot a long time...it began in earnest in 1913 and really got a kick in the pants under LBJ and its been a circle-jerk ever since.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:52:20 PM »
My first response is from the gut - "Well, duh!", but truth be told the gamesmanship has been afoot a long time...it began in earnest in 1913 and really got a kick in the pants under LBJ and its been a circle-jerk ever since.

True story.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »
Every president has to make choices that will help them politically,  that is nothing new.   

However Barry has taken it to a whole new level,  and its not good for the public,  in fact its terrible and poisons the political process.   Every decision is a political one,  not one that considers what would be best for the country.   The only consideration is how it affects Barry Soetoro.   That is the only consideration.   He acts like a third world dictator in a banana republic rather then president of the US.   His actions will make us that third world banana republic. 

In the past,  most presidents recognized that their political choices where limited,  due to the public reacting badly to out in the open,  pure power plays.   Bill Clinton gave us a preview of this kind of administration,  though he would back down when the public reacted badly.   In fact we made fun of his wishy-washy ways.   It was irritating and annoying,  but Hillarycare went away after it was clear it wasn't going to happen.   Well,  after they understood the huge political price that would be required, especially after losing the House and Senate to Republicans.    Bill wanted a second term more then he wanted socialized medicine.   He wanted to be liked by the general public.     If he actually got something done,  great, but that wasn't that necessary.     Bill Clinton is a far better politician then Obama ever hopes to be.    Clinton was a lousy president as much as Obama is a lousy president,  but could see when he was beat and quit when behind. 

Obama has no such illusion.    He seems hellbent on "change", arrogant enough to think he will get his way.    And it may still work believe it or not!   

Yeah,  he would love to be loved,  and is angry when people criticize his grand plans,   but his politics come first.   I guess he thinks will will grow to love his socialized "healthcare",  the permanent recession-depression,  the mismanagement of stolen tax dollars and the like.

Now that the genie is out of the bottle,  every Democrat president will poison itself the same way.   That may be Obama's biggest legacy. 

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 05:04:41 PM »
we have a compliant and contained populace. I was watching the movie "Paint Your Wagon" last night and the main character sings a song called "The First Thing You Know" where he laments the coming of civilization and he picks up and puts himself in a wagon that follows the crow.

we are no longer able to just "move on" when civilization gets tortured into incoherence. we have adapted by becoming numb to what is going on around us. even the rantings of breitbart, or the blaze or the NYT becomes background noise
allowing politicians to do as they please without repercussions.  we gladly turn over the running of our country to "professionals" so we can ignore it all and recuse ourselves from making the tough choices.

the ancient greeks had a better idea. If you began making life miserable for the polis, the citizens took a vote and you were ostracized for a period of time. problem solved.  now if we could only ostracize certain politicians for a decade of so....
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 05:37:03 PM »
we have a compliant and contained populace. I was watching the movie "Paint Your Wagon" last night and the main character sings a song called "The First Thing You Know" where he laments the coming of civilization and he picks up and puts himself in a wagon that follows the crow.

She won't be winning any beauty contests anytime soon, but she is solid. Ship like this, be with you 'til the day you die.
Zoe: 'Cause it's a death trap.
Mal: That's not— You are very much lacking in imagination.
Zoe: I imagine that's so, sir.
Mal: Come on, you haven't even seen most of it. Let me show you the rest. And try to see past what she is and on to what she can be.
Zoe: What's that, sir?
Mal: Freedom is what.
Zoe: I meant, what's that.
Mal: Oh. Yeah, just step around that.

Mal: No matter how long the arm of the Alliance might get, we'll just get ourselves a little further.
Zoe: Get 'er runnin' again.
Mal: Yeah.
Zoe: So not runnin' now?
Mal: Not so much. But she will. I already know what I'm gonna call her. Got a name all picked out

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:40:39 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 01:06:03 AM »
A lot of these politicos need to be put right up against a wall and ostracized to the hereafter.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 01:35:17 AM »

Just that.  It's a fighting chance and I don't mind that.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 08:00:33 AM »
So, I got a chance?!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.