Author Topic: VA Back Charges Triple Amputee Brian Kolfage Thousands of Dollars  (Read 771 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
THIS will piss you off big time!!!!  ::pullhair::  ::rockets::   ::bsmeter::

RED comment stressed my me.

Veterans Administration Back Charges Triple Amputee Brian Kolfage Thousands of Dollars

Senior Airman, Brian Kolfage Jr., the most severely wounded Airman in US history---a triple amputee---was informed recently by the Veterans Administration Debt Management Center that he would be back charged $4825.00. According to the VA, they had been overpaying Airman Kolfage for several years and they want their money back.

On September 11, 2004, while serving his second deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Brian Kolfage lost both his legs and an arm when a 107 mm rocket exploded three feet from the Airman, throwing him into a wall of sandbags. Brian miraculously survived the blast and after eleven months at Walter Reed Medical Center, he returned to serve in the Air Force at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson, Arizona. Kolfage is no longer on active duty and receives monthly VA benefits compensation for the wounds he received serving our country.

A few months back, Kolfage---who once served on former Congresswoman Gabriel Gifford's Veterans Advisory Committee and is an outspoken critic of the Obama Administration---received notification dated September 12, 2013 that his file had been pulled and investigated by the VA. After an Arizona background check, the VA claimed that Brian was overpaid, each month, for several years. According to the VA, Brian's indebtedness---for this alleged overpayment of $4825.00--would require monthly payments of $105 to be taken out of his benefits account until the debt was satisfied.

The VA justification for the back charge stemmed from Arizona court records---the VA claimed---showing Brian was not married and not entitled to the full amount of benefits he had been receiving.

Since Brian was in fact remarried, he provided the necessary legal documentation to the VA and was told that an error had been made and the problem would be cleared up and no indebtedness existed. Moreover, the Veterans Administration said there would be no back charge against his benefits. To quote Brian: "They even sent me a document last month [September] saying everything was reviewed, updated and good to go."

On October 29, 2013, Kolfage received a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, Debt Management Center, and Operations Division Chief explaining that his indebtedness balance had been reduced by a $105.00 through a reduction of his monthly benefits.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/11/veterans-administration-back-charges-triple-amputee-brian-kolfage-thousands-dollars/#ixzz2kXLdziE9
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: VA Back Charges Triple Amputee Brian Kolfage Thousands of Dollars
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:35:43 AM »
That'll teach him to speak out against President Skittles.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »
If I were Prez Skittles I'd be concerned this fella still has one arm left!

SCoaMF is such a low-life scum-sucking gutter-snipe!  There isn't a Hell that is Hellish enough to condemn that trash to for all eternity...but I hope something can be found to match the need!

Troopers like this should seek out good outfits like WWP!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 12:48:52 PM »
Sounds like a typical government bureaucracy, like the SSA.  They send out intelligible documents, which contain incalculable values, which become revised weeks or months later after conditions have changed yet again to make the outcome incorrect once more for yet another reason.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).