Author Topic: County American Legion  (Read 811 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
County American Legion
« on: November 13, 2013, 05:29:07 PM »
There's a meeting tonight, and I would miss this one for almost ANYTHING!

The commander of a post near me (not my post) yelled, screamed and threw money and paperwork around (actually hit the ceiling with it) at the post's meeting last night when he didn't get his way!  ::speechless::

They want me to transfer to their post to be elected the commander. That's not gonna happen; I have enough problems where I am. It's a nice compliment, though. I'll say one thing: Their meetings would change from informal discussions to official meetings, all in accordance with Legion protocol.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: County American Legion
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »
The commander of a post near me (not my post) yelled, screamed and threw money and paperwork around (actually hit the ceiling with it) at the post's meeting last night when he didn't get his way!  ::speechless::

Sounds like he may have issues. Maybe.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
 ::speechless::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 09:11:47 AM »

Sounds like he may have issues. Maybe.

Gee. You think so?

In any case, no mention of it last night, and discretion being the better part of valor, I said nothing.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.