Author Topic: Healthcare.gov ‘may already have been compromised,’ security expert says  (Read 1144 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Healthcare.gov ‘may already have been compromised,’ security expert says
Published November 19, 2013

Not only is healthcare.gov at risk, it may already have been compromised, a security expert testified before the Senate.

“Hackers are definitely after it,” said David Kennedy, CEO of information security firm TrustedSEC before a House Science, Space, and Technology committee hearing on security concerns surrounding the problematic Healthcare.gov website.

“And if I had to guess, based on what I can see … I would say the website is either hacked already or will be soon.”

Kennedy told FoxNews.com he based this on an analysis revealing a large number of SQL injection attacks against the healthcare.gov website, which are indicative of "a large amount" of hacking attempts.

"Based on the exposures that I identified, and many that I haven’t published due to the criticality of exposures – if a hacker wanted access to the site or sensitive information – they could get it," he told FoxNews.com.

A spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services, which runs the nation's new healthcare website, did not immediately respond to a request to for more information.

One key problem facing Healthcare.gov is that security wasn’t built into the site from the very beginning, he said -- an opinion shared by both Kennedy and Fred Chang, the distinguished chair in cyber security at Southern Methodist University.

“There’s not a lot of security built into the site, at least that’s what we can see from a 10,000 foot view,” Kennedy told the committee. And although the site doesn’t house medical records, it integrates deeply with other sites, includes ecommerce information, and houses a vast array of data that presents a very salient target.

“It’s not only social security numbers … it’s one of the largest collections of personal data, social security and everything else, that we’ve ever seen,” Kennedy said.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/11/19/healthcaregov-already-compromised-security-expert-says/
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Yeah, saw that.  Schadenfreude's a btch, mookie.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
There's a history on the site that I don't know about. Maybe not.  ::whatgives::

What's with the "Schadenfreude" comments? I ask because a member of the site from which I came used that name.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
There's a history on the site that I don't know about. Maybe not.  ::whatgives::

What's with the "Schadenfreude" comments? I ask because a member of the site from which I came used that name.

From wikipedia...

Schadenfruede is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others. This word is a loanword from German. The literal English translation is 'Harm-Joy'. It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune.

...and it's about the only fun that we conservatives can have these days since we seem pretty much powerless to do anything else except bitch about the state of the country and tell everyone who will listen, "I told you this was going to happen if you elect and then re-elect a SCOAMF."

Remember that there is a whole other thread running where you can document any schadenfruede you encounter...
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Yep.  Schadenfreude is German for told ya so, bitchez!!.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
I did know that! Like I said, however, there was a posted with the same handle on another site to which I used to belong. I thought that perhaps she was once a member here, too.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Pandorapedia is much more entertaining than Wikipedia!

“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

That's because unlike Wikipedia, Pandorapedia doesn't tolerate watering down or hiding facts.  As John Adams said "Facts are stubborn things!", John Adams would endorse Pandorapedia and condemn Wikipedia as Royalist twaddle!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel

That's because unlike Wikipedia, Pandorapedia doesn't tolerate watering down or hiding facts.  As John Adams said "Facts are stubborn things!", John Adams would endorse Pandorapedia and condemn Wikipedia as Royalist twaddle!

::thumbsup::

Word.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I did know that! Like I said, however, there was a posted with the same handle on another site to which I used to belong. I thought that perhaps she was once a member here, too.

I have seen a commenter (elsewhere, can't remember) with that handle, and a Leftist too, iirc.