Author Topic: Indiana Church Sign 'Not Adam and Steve' Offends Neighbors  (Read 1064 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Indiana Church Sign 'Not Adam and Steve' Offends Neighbors
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:38:23 PM »
Indiana Church Sign 'Not Adam and Steve' Offends Neighbors
By Eliza Murphy | ABC News Blogs – Fri, Nov 8, 2013 1:55 PM EST

A sign outside a South Bend, Ind., church has sparked controversy with its perceived anti-gay message.

Christ Temple Apostolic Church put up a sign Thursday morning reading, "God said Adam and Eve … Not Adam and Steve," setting off debate in the neighborhood.

Awww, poor widdle bisexual John Monahon is greatly offended. TFB, Johnny Boy.  ::pokeineye::

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/11/indiana-church-sign-not-adam-and-steve-offends-neighbors/
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Indiana Church Sign 'Not Adam and Steve' Offends Neighbors
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:23:46 AM »
Yeah, TFB is right. I'm offended at having an entire lexicon usurped. I'm offended by being told it's our obligation to accept a redefinition of male and female as somehow being the prerogative of whichever one an individual "feels" they are. There's all manner of truly offensive and long term consequential things being spawned by this aggressive normalization of their psychosexual disorders, but that's an offensiveness that doesn't matter because it's not the right people being offended.

That which cannot continue won't. Some days reminding myself of that simple truth is the only thing that keeps me from coming completely unglued.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 06:40:37 AM »
Hmm...had it been Adam & Steve, none of us would be having this conversation.  ;)
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 07:09:24 AM »
Hey Johhny?   ::vafancoul::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 08:25:55 AM »
here's to being more offensive

::beertoast::

::whoohoo::

::cool::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 01:37:31 PM »
I'm offended by the idea of Adam and Steve.

How do they like them apples.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »
I'm offended by the idea of Adam and Steve.

How do they like them apples.

I think Steve digs Adam's apple.  ;D

(Eww!)
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »
I am not as offended by perverts as I am about being told I must accept their perversion.
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »
The video said they've since changed the wording a bit.....

Offline Magnum

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
The Gospel in and of itself is an offense to many. 1 Corinthians 1:18 says "The message of the Cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God."

When Paul was sent by the Lord to preach the Gospel to the Gentile world he preached with compassion for the lost and yet was uncompromising on the Message............ That you are saved by Grace alone through faith in Jesus. Only! Period! So no man can boast on his accomplishments.  As one pastor put it. "It bit hard into the kingdom of darkness and ripped chunks from it wherever it came. Paul didn’t compromise the Gospel in order to suit the fancies of the religious majority. His Gospel exalted Jesus, lifted the Cross up high, proclaimed total commitment to Jesus the King, and utterly stripped man of all self-reliance, shattering self-righteousness, tearing down false religion, and leaving men stripped bare before God in utter dependence on His free Grace alone to save them."

If I was that Pastor I would have reworded the sign to say: "Why did God first Create Adam and Eve instead of Adam and Steve?"  Come find out as we explore what the Bible truly says about homosexuality. I would welcome those who disagreed with me and would invite them to come to church to hear the message. I would and could never change the Gospel Message. Nor could I change what the Bible says no matter how offended someone may become. But I can however, through the Holy Spirit, help others to find their way to a personal Relationship with the Lord. Because when it is all said and done as a follower of  Yeshua Jesus I do not want anyone to go to Hell.  As Pablo so rightly pointed out a non offensive gospel is one that loves people to Hell.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:58:37 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 06:49:33 AM »
I am not as offended by perverts as I am about being told I must accept their perversion.

True words of wisdom, KC!  ::thumbsup::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »

1 Corinthians 6:9-12

King James Version (KJV)

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

No one is beyond salvation, but repentance comes first. Notice the phrase "for such were some of you." WERE being the keyword. Now these early Christians are washed of those past sins. And this cannot happen unless they hear the Word of God.

We cannot stop teaching, even though the teaching may cause offense. No one wants to be told of their sin and less want to confront their sins, but salvation can only come by turning the sin and toward Christ.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 11:17:33 AM »
If it was Adam & Steve humanity would have ended right there.  And rightly so.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.