Author Topic: MSNBC's Martin Bashir wants WHAT to happen to Sarah Palin?  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
MSNBC's Martin Bashir wants WHAT to happen to Sarah Palin?
« on: November 16, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
Unreal. Absolutely un.freaking.real.

Former Nightline anchor and MSNBC host Martin Bashir suggested Friday that someone should defecate and/or urinate in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's mouth because she compared the federal debt to slavery.

Bashir said that, given what he believed to be Palin's "reputation as a world-class idiot, it's hardly surprising that she should choose to mention slavery in a way that is abominable to anyone who knows anything about its barbaric history."

He gave an example in Thomas Thistlewood, an overseer of slaves at a major plantation in Jamaica in the 1700s. Bashir said that in his diary, Thistlewood wrote, “A slave named Darby catched eating canes; had him well flogged and pickled, then made Hector, another slave, s-h-i-t in his mouth.”
Read the rest...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: MSNBC's Martin Bashir wants WHAT to happen to Sarah Palin?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 02:22:56 PM »
He's on PMSNBC. I'd expect nothing different.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »
Just the fact that there is a television network that would allow this is a testament to the irreconcilable nature of the divide.

I would just as soon someone like this ceased to exist. His life isn't worth anything to me. Planet earth is worse off for his presence.

May he, his family, his friends, and anyone who openly or secretly smirks with delight at his "audacity" perish a painful death, and an unmarked grave.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 02:27:29 PM »
Hey, its how muslims think.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 03:22:42 PM »
Just the fact that there is a television network that would allow this is a testament to the irreconcilable nature of the divide.

I would just as soon someone like this ceased to exist. His life isn't worth anything to me. Planet earth is worse off for his presence.

May he, his family, his friends, and anyone who openly or secretly smirks with delight at his "audacity" perish a painful death, and an unmarked grave.

I was gonna' ask if anyone knew his whereabouts or address...

...y'know, stop by, say "Hi", hand him a tract, beat him to unrecognizable pulp, give him some decorating tips...
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 05:24:10 PM »
Typical MFM trash...stick it in a compactor and hit the button.

Oh, and again I reiterate my desire to bring back the noble practice of dueling...If I were Sarah's hubby this guy would be high on the list to work through.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 12:55:07 AM »
Even Excitable Boy trashes MSLSD.  When you've lost Randy Andy . . .

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/11/15/andrew-sullivan-slams-msnbc-bunch-hypocrites-and-phonies-propaganda-n

--SNIP--

. . . But he continually resorts to this kind of homophobic poison when he’s angry. Just as Mel Gibson revealed his true feelings about Jews in his drunken rant, so Baldwin keeps revealing his own anti-gay bigotry. These outbursts reveal who he actually is.

I should add that this is a free country and he has an inviolable right to use these words. But he has no right to pretend in any way to be a tolerant liberal when he is anything but, when it comes to gay people.

So many liberals, of course, give him a pass when they would never dream of doing so with anyone who was conservative or Republican. Even after his bigotry was on full display, MSNBC hired him for a new show as a liberal pundit. For too many of them – especially gay establishment liberals, like the tools at GLAAD or the terminally naive like Hilary Rosen – there is a glaring double standard here. It seems to me that this double standard cannot stand any more. And this raging, violent bigot cannot be defended any longer.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 08:59:47 AM »
Too little, too late...will have zero effect...when the SHTF all these traitors are forfeit...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »
Too little, too late...will have zero effect...when the SHTF all these traitors are forfeit...

I always have a story to make my point. Can't help it. So here it goes.

I hate to admit it, but I lived with my husband before we were married.  Back in those days there was an "incident".  He'd been acting like a jack-ass, which, when you are living together, can be a lot worse than when you are married.

Trying to please him, make him feel better, I I looked in our poor persons cabinet and found a carrot cake mix.  Cool! I'll make him a cake. So I did.

I could not afford the ingredients for frosting, but I had powdered sugar and who knows where I got them-paper doilies.  After the cake was done, I placed a dolie on top of the cake and sifted powdered sugar over it, lifted it carefully and there was a beautiful pattern left behind!

When he came home in his typical rotten mood, I presented it to him.  What'd I get for my efforts? "Carrot Cake! You made me carrot cake? I HATE carrot cake!

I was heartbroken.

BTW, don't think my husband is a tyrant, ok? He had some very large issues he was dealing with, lots of luggage that is not always easy to overcome or deal with.

Anyway. More than 20 years later we are invited over to our new neighbors house for a BBQ.  After we all ate, I went to the kitchen to see if I could help out.  Our new neighbor was preparing desert. You guessed it.

Carrot Cake.

So what do I do?

I say "Margaret, that looks delicious!" 

She says "I hope everyone likes carrot cake"

I say "like it? My husband LOVES carrot cake!"

She says "well then, I'll cut him a bigger piece"

I say "Are you sure you have enough?"

She says " oh, dear, I have plenty, he can have as much as he wants"

I say (LOL) well, then you wouldn't mind if he had seconds? I mean, he'll probably scarf this up and say he's had enough to be polite.  He won't let you give him seconds."

She assured me that my dear husband would get seconds no matter how much he declined.

And he did.

::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::

When somebody is unreasonable, it might take time, but one day they will eat their words.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 05:53:29 PM »

I hate to admit it, but I lived with my husband before we were married.  Back in those days there was an "incident".  He'd been acting like a jack-ass, which, when you are living together, can be a lot worse than when you are married.

Trying to please him, make him feel better, I I looked in our poor persons cabinet and found a carrot cake mix.  Cool! I'll make him a cake. So I did.

I could not afford the ingredients for frosting, but I had powdered sugar and who knows where I got them-paper doilies.  After the cake was done, I placed a dolie on top of the cake and sifted powdered sugar over it, lifted it carefully and there was a beautiful pattern left behind!

When he came home in his typical rotten mood, I presented it to him.  What'd I get for my efforts? "Carrot Cake! You made me carrot cake? I HATE carrot cake!

I was heartbroken.

BTW, don't think my husband is a tyrant, ok? He had some very large issues he was dealing with, lots of luggage that is not always easy to overcome or deal with.

Anyway. More than 20 years later we are invited over to our new neighbors house for a BBQ.  After we all ate, I went to the kitchen to see if I could help out.  Our new neighbor was preparing desert. You guessed it.

Carrot Cake.

So what do I do?

I say (LOL) well, then you wouldn't mind if he had seconds? I mean, he'll probably scarf this up and say he's had enough to be polite.  He won't let you give him seconds."

She assured me that my dear husband would get seconds no matter how much he declined.

And he did.

When somebody is unreasonable, it might take time, but one day they will eat their words.

That's cruel and unusual punishment....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »
Good story, KC.

Yes; it would be fitting if one day Bashir was "served" his own "Darby's dose".

There is a "war on women" but it isn't issuing from the Right.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »

I was heartbroken.

Carrot Cake.

So what do I do?

And he did.

Great story. I especially like how you got creative with the doilies!

What's funny? When my husband and I first started dating I would bring him to the occasional family function, then as we got more serious he started attending Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc...at the relatives/parents. It was probably a good two years that went by before I came to realize that he all but despises sweets (especially cakes, pies, etc...) I felt terrible as most times when it came around to serving dessert I would always make sure to bring him a plate (in case he didn't feel comfortable helping himself just yet.

Just after we got married I was making dessert to bring over to my parents for whatever reason and he'd been out fishing all morning, he walks in, smells the house and sees what I've baked and goes "Yes! Carrot Cake. The only cake I can actually stand! You made this for us, right?"

LOL, Seriously?  ::facepalm::

Something about Carrot Cake, I guess.  ;D

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 06:26:42 PM »
The answer is to SPREAD THE WORD! Let everyone, everywhere KNOW what liberals think! Make them face it. Let them eat their own words. As someone who was once a slave to debt, and sold everything I owned at the time to buy my freedom, Sarah spoke rightly. DEBT IS SLAVERY!!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »

I was heartbroken.

Carrot Cake.

So what do I do?

And he did.

That's cruel and unusual punishment....

Yes it was.  Bwahahaha.....

BTW, we still have a good laugh about it. You know, it was more than 20 years later. I saw my chance and took it!  :supercool:
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Good story, KC.

Would t you agree that it makes no difference where it originates. Some call it karma, some just say what goes around comes around. Both are true.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 09:57:10 PM »
Good story, KC.

Would t you agree that it makes no difference where it originates. Some call it karma, some just say what goes around comes around. Both are true.

No, I wouldn't agree.  There's an egregiousness unworthy of forgiveness when an individual or party transgresses and then has the stones to accuse another.

Karma may be God's earthly justice, but not the end of it.  There's yet another Realm in which sins will be counted and accounted for.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »

I was heartbroken.

Carrot Cake.

So what do I do?

And he did.

Great story. I especially like how you got creative with the doilies!

What's funny? When my husband and I first started dating I would bring him to the occasional family function, then as we got more serious he started attending Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc...at the relatives/parents. It was probably a good two years that went by before I came to realize that he all but despises sweets (especially cakes, pies, etc...) I felt terrible as most times when it came around to serving dessert I would always make sure to bring him a plate (in case he didn't feel comfortable helping himself just yet.

Just after we got married I was making dessert to bring over to my parents for whatever reason and he'd been out fishing all morning, he walks in, smells the house and sees what I've baked and goes "Yes! Carrot Cake. The only cake I can actually stand! You made this for us, right?"

LOL, Seriously?  ::facepalm::

Something about Carrot Cake, I guess.  ;D

LOL! So what'd you do with the cake?

Funny thing about marriage. It's  a relationship that when taken seriously, puts everything in perspective.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 10:07:57 PM »
Good story, KC.

No, I wouldn't agree.  There's an egregiousness unworthy of forgiveness when an individual or party transgresses and then has the stones to accuse another.

Karma may be God's earthly justice, but not the end of it.  There's yet another Realm in which sins will be counted and accounted for.

There is no doubt that Mr Bashir spoke out of his ass and we certainly have cause to be outraged on Sarah Palins behalf. But who are we to judge what is worthy of forgiveness?

Of course, for forgiveness to have meaning he would have to ask for it. But as long as he lives he has a chance to do so.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 10:31:25 PM »
Who are we?  You're kidding, right?  I don't judge hearts or souls on behalf of The Lord; I judge words and actions, on behalf of myself, as a human, because He gave me the gift of discernment and commanded it.

I don't do "who are we to judge?"; I abhor that.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 12:34:18 AM »
So, I guess he had the choice of apologizing or getting suspended for two weeks or something, I dunno but he did actually apologize and seemed to actually be sincere about it. Really. Like four or five  times inside of two minutes at the start of his show. There wasn't any of the usual, "if I offended anyone..." BS. Instead it was a true apology. Probably not actually sincere but remarkable for its unusualness, nonetheless.

Last Friday, on this broadcast, I made some comments which were deeply offensive and directed at Governor Sarah Palin. I wanted to take this opportunity to say sorry to Mrs. Palin and to also offer an unreserved apology to her friends and family, her supporters, our viewers, and anyone who may have heard what I said.

My words were wholly unacceptable. They were neither accurate, nor fair. They were unworthy of anyone who would claim to have an interest in politics, and they have brought shame upon my friends and colleagues at this network, none of whom were responsible for the things that I said. And at a place where we try every day to elevate political discourse and to focus on issues that matter to all of us.

In the battle of ideas, America leads the world in whole-hearted discussions and disagreements and these arguments can be heard on a daily basis. But what I did on Friday had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with that great tradition and I am deeply sorry.

Upon reflection, I so wish that I had been more thoughtful, more considerate, more compassionate, but I was not and what I said is now a matter of public record. But if I could add something to the public record, it would be this: that I deeply regret what I said, and that I have learned a sober lesson in these last few days. That the politics of vitriol and destruction is a miserable place to be, and a miserable person to become. And I promise that I will take the opportunity to learn from this experience.

My hope is that it will renew in me a spirit of humility and humanity, that looks for the good and that builds upon the great things that this country has to offer to all of us, regardless of our political persuasion. This will be my guiding light and compass in the days ahead. But once again, I am truly sorry for what I said on Friday.

Since he works at MSNBC it just isn't possible that he was prompted to do so by anyone there. I'm guessing that it was high fives all around the place for several hours after his original broadcast with his friends and colleagues congratulating him on finding such a clever and unique way to say what he said.

In fact, the only out of place part of his apology is where he extends the benefit of the doubt to his colleagues at MSNBC by way of saying that what he said was not worthy of them. On the contrary, what he originally said was entirely worthy of each and every one of them and by making this apology he puts himself in stark contrast to his peers there. I cannot imagine any of them making a similar apology because they never have. Not once. It's not in them. They see absolutely nothing wrong at all with that sort of behavior and speech.

So I don't know what got into this Bashir guy. He is off the MSNBC reservation now. He might still get fired but if he does it will be over his apology rather than what he originally said about Governor Palin.

As an aside, tonight there was an astute observation about this sort of execrable behavior made by Ace and it is worth quoting:

Bashir apologized. MSNBC has not suspended him. Apparently it's worse to call someone a f*g than suggest that a woman should be sexually and excretorially degraded.

Leftist politics, I maintain, are not a politics at all, but a psychological response to one's shortcomings and feelings of failure. Leftist politics are, simply put, a way of getting even with a world that's done one wrong -- and most people carrying about such grievances against a world that's done one wrong are psychologically broken.

These fairytale "politics" give them an avenue to vent their rages and turmoils about their failures and inadequacies in a way that is deemed, incorrectly, to be socially acceptable and even high-minded.

If a man were raving on the street in this fashion -- about his hopes that someone would literally sh*t in a perceived "enemy's" mouth (a perceived "enemy," who, crucially, he's never actually met) -- most of us would shake our heads in secondary shame. Some of the more empathetic of us would call social services and attempt to have the madman brought in for psychological treatment.

But the left -- Martin Bashir, Chris Matthews, Daily Kos, all of the hateful, raging, vibrating-with-resentment left -- does this sort of thing in the guise of "political commentary" and no one makes the connection between this broken-souled primal screaming and mental unwellness.

That's their cover. They just call their inner rages "politics" and their antisocial behaviors "activism," and then they pretend to be normal, well-adjusted people.

Final thought: He did not beg Governor Palin's forgiveness. Perhaps, it never occurred to him to ask for it or perhaps he did not feel he was worthy of it. Who knows? But, Palin, being the class act that she is, will very likely accept his apology and forgive him, as well.

Footnote:

I guess Cher just couldn't stand to not be in the mix on this most recent bout of Palin bashing so she tweeted the following:

Go to dictionary,& look up The “C"Word,....next 2 the definition...you’ll see a Pic of Sarah PALIN ! NO...WAIT ...SHES UNDER DUMB C WORD????

It is more than a little ironic that the above is uttered by a high school dropout who has reputedly slept with more men than most people have as casual acquaintances. And yeah, this is the culture of MSNBC through and through...Cher could work there anytime.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:27:42 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.