Author Topic: just who does understand what we are all about as a nation?  (Read 745 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

just who does understand what we are all about as a nation?
« on: November 15, 2013, 10:57:53 AM »
"Sometimes people look at what’s taking place in Washington and they say, not enough is getting done that helps me with my life."  obama during his speech on 11/14  InvestorsBusinessDaily

the fact that obama supporters do not understand what is wrong with this statement is the major problem confronting this nation.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: just who does understand what we are all about as a nation?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »
Yes indeed.  What is wrong with their life is that they first look to others to fix/validate/add meaning to it.  If that is all you care about you are screwed!  Such self-proclaimed idiots should be allowed to vote let alone be citizens!

Maybe we'll get it right next time...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »
"Sometimes people look at what’s taking place in Washington and they say, not enough is getting done that helps me with my life."  obama during his speech on 11/14  InvestorsBusinessDaily

the fact that obama supporters do not understand what is wrong with this statement is the major problem confronting this nation.

He is correct, in a manner he doesn't intend.

Repeals of about six million laws and regulations would go far to help us all in our lives.

However, suggest repeal of anything that smacks of more ability to possibly "go wrong" and the bedwetters start wailing about how we're all gonna die from air/water/food/drug poisoning as a result.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 04:03:08 PM »

Repeals of about six million laws and regulations would go far to help us all in our lives.

However, suggest repeal of anything that smacks of more ability to possibly "go wrong" and the bedwetters start wailing about how we're all gonna die from air/water/food/drug poisoning as a result.

Its the faith in government "action" that is the disease that Obama and his ilk have.    They think only government can do all these functions in society (never mind that they happened for many years without government,  and done better in every case).   They think it of it as a "third party" that is "fair" or "colorblind" (even though their actions make sure it could NEVER be "fair"). 

They don't trust the motivations of private people. 

They hate that someone could gain something and believe it is the motivation in every thing we do.   They think that someone loses when someone "wins".    Of course that belief is utter nonsense. 

Their "solutions" ironically make many of the things the profess to hate so much worse. 

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »

No mr president, sometimes people look what's taking place in Washington and they say, why is any gov't entity complicating my life? You are spying on me, telling me what to eat, what to teach, what to drive, who can marry, where I can live, who I must hire, and now you are in my healthcare. The only thing you should be doing, protecting America from foreign threats, is a flustercluck.

Quit helping me with my live......For the love of God, quit.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 10:02:05 AM »

[/quote]
That about sums it up, my lady, people refusing to live life as God has given it. There were no absolutes other than life and death but these wetters are looking for just that.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.