Author Topic: How to repeal Obsmacare  (Read 2129 times)

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
Re: How to repeal Obsmacare
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 04:26:51 PM »
All of his actions to change anything in the "law" are unconstitutional. Why the hell don't the 'Pubs do anything about it?

Two reasons.  First, just like with Clintoon any impeachment proceedings would die in the Senate even assuming Harry Reid would bring it to the floor for trial.  It takes a 2/3rds majority to convict even though only a simple majority is necessary in the House to pass the Articles of Impeachment (an Indictment in legal terms.)  No Prosecutor wants to bring charges if there is no reasonable chance of a conviction.  Clintoon was accused (impeached) but never convicted for the same reason Zero wouldn't be, no Democrat would ever vote to convict The One and I doubt that Repubs could gain the kind of supermajority in the Senate required before Zero would have to leave office anyway no matter how badly the elections went against Dems, and I doubt some RINOs would vote to convict even if that miracle happened.

Second reason - The Republicans don't have the balls or spine to try because of the charges the media would level at them of being Raaaacists.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 04:39:24 PM »
Number Two is 99.999% of the answer.  It isn't the duty of the House to worry about what the Senate might do, it is their duty to follow the Constitution to the exclusion of all other concerns real or imagined.  They are grossly negligent in their responsibilities and for that reason alone they've earned to righteous wrath of the American people.  They will be judged accordingly.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
I know how to repeal obamacare without one single phone call (as if they'll listen to the will of the People!).

Don't sign up for it.

Period.

No excuses.

Don't sign up for it.

And since the fines can't be enforced, don't pay those ether.

I triple-dog-dare you.
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »
I wish that I could. I have a peculiar situation at my work...they provide medical/dental insurance that you can't opt out of. If you have a spouse who has insurance you can obtain a waiver but you can't just opt out.

When it was only costing me pennies for my portion I didn't care. We just went through open enrollment and I found out that my "free" healthcare insurance now will cost me $440/month I am pissed.

I'm considering suing my employer but I'm not sure that anyone would take such a case.

RickZ

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 03:41:25 AM »
The best way to repeal OwebamaCare is to shoot those who passed it, The Won who signed it into law, and those who enforce it.  Simple.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 07:09:37 AM »
I like all these ideas! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.