Author Topic: Mary Cheney's "wife" blasts Liz Cheney over homo "marriage"  (Read 1111 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Mary Cheney's "wife" blasts Liz Cheney over homo "marriage"
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »
Heather Poe writes on Facebook:

I was watching my sister-in-law on Fox News Sunday (yes Liz, in fifteen states and the District of Columbia you are my sister-in-law) and was very disappointed to hear her say "I do believe in the traditional definition of marriage."

Liz has been a guest in our home, has spent time and shared holidays with our children, and when Mary and I got married in 2012 - she didn't hesitate to tell us how happy she was for us.

To have her now say she doesn't support our right to marry is offensive to say the least.

I can't help but wonder how Liz would feel if as she moved from state to state, she discovered that her family was protected in one but not the other.

I always thought freedom meant freedom for EVERYONE.

Mary Cheney shared that status on her own Facebook page, adding a personal message for her sister.

"Liz — this isn't just an issue on which we disagree — you're just wrong — and on the wrong side of history," she wrote.

Note they keep citing "history", as though having their demands met is inevitable, because to even disagree now is "offensive".

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Mary Cheney's "wife" blasts Liz Cheney over homo "marriage"
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 06:39:04 PM »
As far as I'm concerned heather you're not married - not in any real world sense. STFD & STFU

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 08:41:49 PM »
I am not opposed to granting legal conditions where a shared household is treated the same when it comes to wills, and perhaps even healthcare rights, but do not call this marriage in the traditional sense.  marriage is a cultural condition created to ensure a proper situation to recreate the species. it has always been the core unit of any civilization. (I know there are those Persian harems and the Mormons) and must be respected for the institution it is and the stability it provides.  I prefer the term civil union as it allows for all the legal agenda but does not connote the gravitas of marriage.
I think the gay community is acting very much like the black community in that they want to force acceptance by fiat, forcing cultural acceptance through legal maneuvering, much like affirmative action did and we know how that worked out.
It is the ultimate statement of self-absorbtion.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 05:10:30 AM »
Let me say once again: Folks who are attracted to members of their own sex, if consenting adults, should be able to do whatever in the privacy of their own home, apartment or recreational vehicle. But please don't demand that I accept homosexual behavior as normal.

Not only is it abnormal, it is abhorrent, Biblically speaking.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 05:23:05 AM »
I'm all for city hall civil unions for gays, just like with straights.  With civil unions come divorce lawyers.  Why should gays be denied that pleasurable experience?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 07:14:46 AM »
What an ignorant twit!

"I can't help but wonder how Liz would feel if as she moved from state to state, she discovered that her family was protected in one but not the other."

In the Founders concept of Federalism you go to the state you most comfortably belong to, otherwise tough crap, toots!

::gaah::  I loath ignorant, lazy self-absorbed emoting little dweebs!  Grow up, jackass!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
and on the wrong side of history

and what history would that be?

Those great, grand civilizations built by homosexuals?

::facepalm::
 ::outrage::
 ::bashing::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 03:08:53 PM »
If the Lord had meant that same sex marriages could work, He would have allowed them to procreate but even He couldn't make that paradox work.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »
and on the wrong side of history

and what history would that be?

Those great, grand civilizations built by homosexuals?

::facepalm::
 ::outrage::
 ::bashing::

Atlantis ?   ;D
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 03:59:38 PM »
Lesbos?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 04:17:01 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 07:53:26 AM »
Doesn't matter, they all got obliterated by volcanic eruptions, devastated by tsunamis or earthquakes or just plain sunk into the ocean...

Act's of God.

;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 01:25:07 PM »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 07:20:46 AM »
So the Veep come in on Liz's side and quips the matter was always private one. Apparently like all homos, they say they want to keep things private family matters but always drag it into the public forum for all to comment. It's never about privacy, it's always about in  your face, up yours, we don't care what your ancient beliefs are kind of thing. ::rockethrow::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 11:10:16 AM »
The Liz position seems much more sane then the Les' position. My understanding is that Liz wants her sister to be happy, wants to love her sister regardless of whether she agrees with her, and also wants to protect the traditional institution of marriage in our culture and laws.  There is no need for conflict there. It is noteworthy, that her feelings of love and support for her sister are not returned. This is something I see quite often in the homosexual community. The selfishness is astounding, as is the callousness toward others who love them.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »
That's because they see the lack of full-100%-no-questions-asked support as a lack of love...they are like defective children, they equate things that are not be equated...when a child clearly misbehaves and is admonished by a parent, the parent doesn't stop loving the child, nor does the child stop loving the parent (they may be really ticked at them, but, tough!)...these people refuse to grow up and expect their family members who disapprove of their behavior to suddenly and miraculously declare "You know what?  You like being face-deep in another girls crotch, that's fabulous, tell me more about that!" or "So, you like taking turns taking it up the ass, how splendid, lets talk about that some more, OK?"!

Seriously, the are unable to get over themselves and blame others for imagined problems.

Best thing to do is ignore their antics and if necessary ignore them as much as possible.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »
That's because they see the lack of full-100%-no-questions-asked support as a lack of love...they are like defective children, they equate things that are not be equated...when a child clearly misbehaves and is admonished by a parent, the parent doesn't stop loving the child, nor does the child stop loving the parent (they may be really ticked at them, but, tough!)...these people refuse to grow up and expect their family members who disapprove of their behavior to suddenly and miraculously declare "You know what?  You like being face-deep in another girls crotch, that's fabulous, tell me more about that!" or "So, you like taking turns taking it up the ass, how splendid, lets talk about that some more, OK?"!

Seriously, the are unable to get over themselves and blame others for imagined problems.

Best thing to do is ignore their antics and if necessary ignore them as much as possible.

That's the thing though.   They want everyone to endorse the homosexual lifestyle,  merely "tolerating" or ignoring it is not enough.    Most people can't,  even when it involves a family member.   Most gays forget that most people find the idea gross at minimum.   

I know it was that way when my cousin came out as a lesbian.   The family of course didn't like it and was unhappy about it.    It didn't help of course that she was militant about her new lifestyle.    So she basically cut off the family for a number of years.    Then she had a test tube baby with one of her "partners".    When she found herself a single parent at that point,  she finally started to grow up a little. 

Now, you have to keep in mind,  we aren't a family that is going to shunning her,  and her folks wanted to know their grandbaby even though they weren't happen about how she came to be.   Shunning never works anyway,  and likely drives the militancy because it puts it in their mind they are being discriminated against.   

Slowly she came back into our lives.   We can tolerate that she is gay, there is likely nothing we can say or do that will change her mind about that.   She no longer tries to make us endorse the homosexual agenda,  because she knows it isn't going to happen.    She doesn't bring her partner to family events.     And she seems to be OK that her daughter is straight.   Seems like a truce has replaced the anger of it all.   

I wonder if the gay movement will grow up or not?   Seems doubtful at this point.   It has to get over the fact that the homosexual agenda will never be "mainstream" no matter what "laws" or rules they force on society.   

Thirty years ago,  most gay people didn't even want "marriage" and nobody even remembers that.    It seem excepted in the gay community that gay partnerships were not marriage that they were something else.     What changed with that over the last couple of decades?    They seem more interested in destroying Christianity since they are the only ones standing up to the nonsense.   

I imagine the Cheney's have the same issues with that family member like we did.   Some people take our live and let live toleration of our family member as supporting the gay agenda.   We don't support the agenda one bit. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:05:45 PM by richb »