Author Topic: Homeland Security Chairman: Obama Just Not That Into National Security  (Read 1024 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Homeland Security Chairman: Obama Just Not That Into National Security
November 18, 2013 by Ben Bullard 

Homeland Security Chairman: Obama Just Not That Into National Security

The National Security Agency may be bigger and badder than ever before, Federal agencies may be militarizing and expanding their law enforcement roles in unprecedented ways, local police departments may be lapping up the government’s cast-off tanks and riot gear under the guise of dealing with worst-case terrorism encounters, and the United States may be ready to sell the farm to court nuclear wild cards like Iran.

But don’t let anyone fool you: Whatever he may say to justify America baring its teeth at its own citizens while lying down like a lamb for our known enemies, President Barack Obama must have other motives at heart. According to the Chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, at the end of the day, Obama just isn’t all that interested in National security.

Committee Chairman Mike McCaul (R-Texas) told The Heritage Foundation last week Obama “denies reality and tried to wish things away” — when he even bothers to attend national security briefings at all.

"The long and short of it is, the leadership starts at the top. And when the leadership denies reality and tries to wish things away, and creates a narrative that defies reality, it’s very hard to work in a bipartisan way. At the end of the day, National security issues above all should be bipartisan. I have attempted to govern my committee, as chairman of Homeland Security in a bipartisan way. In fact every bill that I’ve gotten out of my committee has passed in a bipartisan way, and I think that’s the way we need to govern. I think that’s important that we try to do that. Certainly, when it comes to National security issues we should. I just personally think this President is weak on national security, and I don’t think, frankly, he’s interested in it. It’s not where his interest lies, which is why he doesn’t attend many of his National security briefings."

Of course he's not interested, since such :trivial" things cut into his golf and vacation time.

http://personalliberty.com/2013/11/18/homeland-security-chairman-obama-just-not-that-into-national-security/
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Homeland Security Chairman: Obama Just Not That Into National Security
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:35:23 AM »
He's not interesting in bi-partisanship. He'll continue building up Homeland Security without the groveling pubbies.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 07:47:48 AM »
He's interested in bi-sexual activity...the goon squading he leaves to Holder et al...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »
He's interested in bi-sexual activity...the goon squading he leaves to Holder et al...

So he's bi-curious?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 07:19:07 AM »

So he's bi-curious?

I'd say enough evidence is there to render and unqualified "yup".
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.