Author Topic: CALL TO ARMS: Texas A&M law prof says it’s time to repeal Second Amendment  (Read 1209 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
CALL TO ARMS: Texas A&M law prof says it’s time to repeal Second Amendment
10:12 AM 11/16/2013

A full-time professor on the faculty of the newly-minted Texas A&M University School of Law called for the repeal and replacement of the Second Amendment on Friday.

The professor, Mary Margaret “Meg” Penrose, made her controversial declaration during a day-long panel symposium on gun control and the Second Amendment at the University of Connecticut School of Law in Hartford.

UConn’s main student-run journal, The Connecticut Law Review, organized the event, according to Connecticut Public Radio. It was well-attended, primarily by law students, law professors and local attorneys.

Penrose was among the speakers, reports CTNewsJunkie, a Connecticut news site.

Penrose cited the Sandy Hook massacre, which occurred in Connecticut, as well as other mass shootings including the 2011 Tucson shooting that left six people dead and U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords critically wounded.

Noting her own outrage that Americans continue to tolerate gun violence, Penrose asked audience members to raise their hands if they thought laws intended to prevent gun violence have been successful. No one raised a hand.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/16/call-to-arms-texas-am-law-prof-says-its-time-to-repeal-second-amendment/#ixzz2l12Lgjlf
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Too bad the right to bear arms is an inalienable right.  To "repeal" the second amendment would only mean the govt no longer recognized that right, just as it did not recognize  the rights of all men to be free and not enslaved for a period of time.  Blacks had the right to be free, even when the US Government didn't recognize it. Likewise, we have a right to bear arms.

This "Law professor" is no better than those who felt it was okay to enslave others, and deserves the fate of all tyrants for even suggesting such a thing.
Tree of liberty is thirsty for this asshats blood.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
This thinking embodies too many ironies to list them all; but

1. The violence isn’t caused by guns or gun rights – it’s caused by the increasing push towards a God-less society…start stripping out the rules. metrics & differentiators between good, evil & what’s tolerated in the name of nihilistic individuality (no inherent values)…and this is what we get.  Thus she herself is responsible for the violence she asserts to be against. And,

2. Attempts to repeal the rights to own guns & defend ourselves) will result in MORE deaths, as gun-owners & patriots feed the tree. Thus the body count of politicians, think-tank liberals & anyone else on that side of the line will mount to the sky.

#ThinkGloballyShootLocally
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
So, this Nazi bitch wants to start a civil war, eh?

Be careful what you wish for you goose-stepping moron!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
--Was watching Gibson's 'The Patriot' ('cause I love a good tear-jerker) over the weekend AND attending a Liberty meeting @ a local church (I've mentioned the pastor before in another area of the forum). When i mentioned the Patriot, he said "Oh that's the one where the pastor takes off his frock & joins the men in the fray!" then he told me it was the British who coined the phrase, "Black Robe Regimen" - referencing pastors who "stirred the pot of liberty & revolution" - a cause with which the pastor I was talking to identifies.

I'm always grateful to meet men of God who also revere the Constitution & understand the connection to liberty.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
--Was watching Gibson's 'The Patriot' ('cause I love a good tear-jerker) over the weekend AND attending a Liberty meeting @ a local church (I've mentioned the pastor before in another area of the forum). When i mentioned the Patriot, he said "Oh that's the one where the pastor takes off his frock & joins the men in the fray!" then he told me it was the British who coined the phrase, "Black Robe Regimen" - referencing pastors who "stirred the pot of liberty & revolution" - a cause with which the pastor I was talking to identifies.

I'm always grateful to meet men of God who also revere the Constitution & understand the connection to liberty.

Amen!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I'm thoroughly sick of how totally lopsided certain institutions are in this country, namely academia, media, and the civil service. You can go to the reddest of the red states, and it's virtually a given that among the education, media, and civil service you'll find the bluest of mindsets. I mean, calls for repealing the 2nd Amendment in Texas? Our problem is that the "live and let live" mindset that would define most of us has been cynically taken advantage of for generations by an opponent who not only has no such scruples of his own, but think the fact that we do is merely evidence that we deserve to have our asses handed to us. Sort of like how thieves think an honest man is "stupid" for returning a lost wallet.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Don't Texans have a "special" way of taking care of Penrose?

And I note that this tripe was made in CT, not in TX, where she/it is employed. Friggin' cowardly lib bot.  ::rockets::

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Should be bagged upon re-entry!

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Should be bagged upon re-entry!

And used as an example of leftist idiocy!!!

Offline richb

• Established Member
Of course if you get rid of the second,  all the other ones are endangered too.  Especially the first.   

But I imagine that is what she wants anyway.

If America is so horrible,  why don't these types just leave in mass?   They never leave, no matter,  even if W was elected for eight years.   

If anything the 2nd is more important then ever!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Of course if you get rid of the second,  all the other ones are endangered too.  Especially the first.   

But I imagine that is what she wants anyway.

If America is so horrible,  why don't these types just leave in mass?   They never leave, no matter,  even if W was elected for eight years.   

If anything the 2nd is more important then ever!

Because they KNOW , without a doubt, that the rest of the world has a lower standard of living, and they would rather stay here earning a dual income of over $250K, give less than $400 to charity yearly,  have the 4800 sq ft McMansion, enjoy 4G Gadgets and high speed internet  and never actually come into contact with the people they are morally masturbating about "helping" because they are so not the cool kids.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Hellll, they never leave when they PROMISE to leave if certain people don't get elected.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Hellll, they never leave when they PROMISE to leave if certain people don't get elected.

They lie.

I thought this was common knowledge?   ::pokeineye::