Author Topic: MSNBC's Martin Bashir wants WHAT to happen to Sarah Palin?  (Read 4270 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: MSNBC's Martin Bashir wants WHAT to happen to Sarah Palin?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 02:20:09 AM »
Cher's another of the ones whose botox treatments have gone right to her brain.  Or, should I have said left?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 04:38:42 AM »
And at a place where we try every day to elevate political discourse and to focus on issues that matter to all of us.

Right, Marty, elevate political discourse.  You mean like have a thrill run up another talking airhead's leg when he fantasizes about Oblowme?  Cripes, that was no apology.  That was . . . , I'm not sure what it was, but it certainly wasn't an apology.  It was saying 'we are better than the right, even when we aren't, so forgive us because we are better, even when we prove we're not'.  Pure liberal mushmouth crap.

that I deeply regret what I said, and that I have learned a sober lesson in these last few days.

Just the last few days, Marty?  That means you've been an insufferable @sshole all the other days of your life.  As for that 'sober lesson', haven't you learned yet from your colleague, Cwissy Matthews, not to be drunk on camera?

That the politics of vitriol and destruction is a miserable place to be, and a miserable person to become. And I promise that I will take the opportunity to learn from this experience.

I heard a dog whistle 'tea bagger' at the end of that.

Notice how he doesn't say Palin was right, or anything like that.  Or that he was wrong in his slavery beliefs, or anything like that.  No, he said was wrong for attacking the messenger, not wrong for attacking her message which was obviously way above his intellectual pay grade.

Cher's another of the ones whose botox treatments have gone right to her brain.  Or, should I have said left?

If I could turn back time with Cher, I'd have her mother get an abortion.  It's the responsible thing to do.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 06:30:32 AM »
If I could turn back time with Cher, I'd have her mother get an abortion.  It's the responsible thing to do.

And eliminate any participation in her by the father.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »
Bashir can stick his so-called apology up his ass!  The only thing he is sorry about is saying this on air, anybody think for a minute that this piece-of-obama doesn't wish what he said in public reflects his real thoughts and that he says, what, something less offensive in private?  Please!  He is filth, and typical of the Left and the media in general, so fukc him and everybody like him!  He is the enemy, he should be vanquished, period.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 09:24:38 PM »
Who are we?  You're kidding, right?  I don't judge hearts or souls on behalf of The Lord; I judge words and actions, on behalf of myself, as a human, because He gave me the gift of discernment and commanded it.

I don't do "who are we to judge?"; I abhor that.

Ouch!

Certainly we must all have discernment and we must judge between right and wrong every day. 

I commented on a specific issue Pandora. Gods forgiveness is available to all and given at His pleasure.

When I think of eternal damnation, and I do think about it, there are a very few whom I'd wish it for.  If I am to be judged by my own rules of judgement, as scripture states, then I could not wish eternal damnation upon someone who made a hateful comment.

I myself have made un televised, hateful comments.  You should hear the things I say about Obama.
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »
So, I guess he had the choice of apologizing or getting suspended for two weeks or something, I dunno but he did actually apologize and seemed to actually be sincere about it. Really. Like four or five  times inside of two minutes at the start of his show. There wasn't any of the usual, "if I offended anyone..." BS. Instead it was a true apology. Probably not actually sincere but remarkable for its unusualness, nonetheless.

Last Friday, on this broadcast, I made some comments which were deeply offensive and directed at Governor Sarah Palin. I wanted to take this opportunity to say sorry to Mrs. Palin and to also offer an unreserved apology to her friends and family, her supporters, our viewers, and anyone who may have heard what I said.

My words were wholly unacceptable. They were neither accurate, nor fair. They were unworthy of anyone who would claim to have an interest in politics, and they have brought shame upon my friends and colleagues at this network, none of whom were responsible for the things that I said. And at a place where we try every day to elevate political discourse and to focus on issues that matter to all of us.

In the battle of ideas, America leads the world in whole-hearted discussions and disagreements and these arguments can be heard on a daily basis. But what I did on Friday had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with that great tradition and I am deeply sorry.

Upon reflection, I so wish that I had been more thoughtful, more considerate, more compassionate, but I was not and what I said is now a matter of public record. But if I could add something to the public record, it would be this: that I deeply regret what I said, and that I have learned a sober lesson in these last few days. That the politics of vitriol and destruction is a miserable place to be, and a miserable person to become. And I promise that I will take the opportunity to learn from this experience.

My hope is that it will renew in me a spirit of humility and humanity, that looks for the good and that builds upon the great things that this country has to offer to all of us, regardless of our political persuasion. This will be my guiding light and compass in the days ahead. But once again, I am truly sorry for what I said on Friday.

Since he works at MSNBC it just isn't possible that he was prompted to do so by anyone there. I'm guessing that it was high fives all around the place for several hours after his original broadcast with his friends and colleagues congratulating him on finding such a clever and unique way to say what he said.

In fact, the only out of place part of his apology is where he extends the benefit of the doubt to his colleagues at MSNBC by way of saying that what he said was not worthy of them. On the contrary, what he originally said was entirely worthy of each and every one of them and by making this apology he puts himself in stark contrast to his peers there. I cannot imagine any of them making a similar apology because they never have. Not once. It's not in them. They see absolutely nothing wrong at all with that sort of behavior and speech.

So I don't know what got into this Bashir guy. He is off the MSNBC reservation now. He might still get fired but if he does it will be over his apology rather than what he originally said about Governor Palin.

As an aside, tonight there was an astute observation about this sort of execrable behavior made by Ace and it is worth quoting:

Bashir apologized. MSNBC has not suspended him. Apparently it's worse to call someone a f*g than suggest that a woman should be sexually and excretorially degraded.

Leftist politics, I maintain, are not a politics at all, but a psychological response to one's shortcomings and feelings of failure. Leftist politics are, simply put, a way of getting even with a world that's done one wrong -- and most people carrying about such grievances against a world that's done one wrong are psychologically broken.

These fairytale "politics" give them an avenue to vent their rages and turmoils about their failures and inadequacies in a way that is deemed, incorrectly, to be socially acceptable and even high-minded.

If a man were raving on the street in this fashion -- about his hopes that someone would literally sh*t in a perceived "enemy's" mouth (a perceived "enemy," who, crucially, he's never actually met) -- most of us would shake our heads in secondary shame. Some of the more empathetic of us would call social services and attempt to have the madman brought in for psychological treatment.

But the left -- Martin Bashir, Chris Matthews, Daily Kos, all of the hateful, raging, vibrating-with-resentment left -- does this sort of thing in the guise of "political commentary" and no one makes the connection between this broken-souled primal screaming and mental unwellness.

That's their cover. They just call their inner rages "politics" and their antisocial behaviors "activism," and then they pretend to be normal, well-adjusted people.

Final thought: He did not beg Governor Palin's forgiveness. Perhaps, it never occurred to him to ask for it or perhaps he did not feel he was worthy of it. Who knows? But, Palin, being the class act that she is, will very likely accept his apology and forgive him, as well.

Footnote:

I guess Cher just couldn't stand to not be in the mix on this most recent bout of Palin bashing so she tweeted the following:

Go to dictionary,& look up The “C"Word,....next 2 the definition...you’ll see a Pic of Sarah PALIN ! NO...WAIT ...SHES UNDER DUMB C WORD????

It is more than a little ironic that the above is uttered by a high school dropout who has reputedly slept with more men than most people have as casual acquaintances. And yeah, this is the culture of MSNBC through and through...Cher could work there anytime.

When I was growing up, my brother and I were often told to apologize to each other. He for giving me an Indian burn, me for calling him "Buddy belly button".

We were never sorry, well, I never was. But mom taught us to be good sports, to apologize. It had less to do with the transgressors feelings and more to do with the one who was hurt by a thoughtless act.

An apology was to be given without "but" (I'm sorry I hit you...but).

The act of apology can be sincere without feeling...the feeling comes later if you're lucky.
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »
Who are we?  You're kidding, right?  I don't judge hearts or souls on behalf of The Lord; I judge words and actions, on behalf of myself, as a human, because He gave me the gift of discernment and commanded it.

Ouch!

Certainly we must all have discernment and we must judge between right and wrong every day. 

I commented on a specific issue Pandora. Gods forgiveness is available to all and given at His pleasure.

When I think of eternal damnation, and I do think about it, there are a very few whom I'd wish it for.  If I am to be judged by my own rules of judgement, as scripture states, then I could not wish eternal damnation upon someone who made a hateful comment.

I myself have made un televised, hateful comments.  You should hear the things I say about Obama.

Yeah, the issue of karma and God's forgiveness.  I'm not God and I didn't spend last night in a Holiday Inn either.  I don't have to forgive and it's not within my purview to damn, which I haven't.  What I did say is that Bashir will face another Judge one day so he'll be looking at whatever goes around on that plane as well, as promised.

In the meantime, I judge because that's how I steer clear of the sht not of my own making. 

A friend of mine calls me "Stands With Fist", because I do.  I do it for what is right by God's Lights. 

Sorry to cause you an ouch.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 09:58:11 PM »
Bashir can stick his so-called apology up his ass!  The only thing he is sorry about is saying this on air, anybody think for a minute that this piece-of-obama doesn't wish what he said in public reflects his real thoughts and that he says, what, something less offensive in private?  Please!  He is filth, and typical of the Left and the media in general, so fukc him and everybody like him!  He is the enemy, he should be vanquished, period.

Well, I sort of agree and disagree with you.

No, I don't think that he has had a sudden moral epiphany and is truly sorry for what he said and for that he is a douche.

But…I do think that we on the right should make a big deal out of his apology for all sorts of reasons. First, it calls attention to what he said in the first place and I don't think that you can do enough when it comes to shining a spotlight on this sort of thing. Second, I think that it is an opportunity for those on the right to contrast his behavior and his words with ours. We can respond graciously and accept the apology, even offer forgiveness, while still insisting on some sort of disciplinary action. After all, if Baldwin can be suspended for a couple of weeks for something he said off the air then it is only fitting that Bashir receive some sort of discipline for saying something demonstrably more offensive on the air. So…I think we should be gracious but firm in our reaction to this because it makes us look infinitely better in the court of public opinion. That's what I think, anyway.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 10:05:03 PM »
Who is "we" and "our"?  We're an obscure site in the middle of other obscure sites, so it matters not a damn as far as spotlights and contrasts go what we say here.

I'm done with graciousness and forgiveness, so rock on with the same rooty cause it's always worked so well.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »

Ouch!

Yeah, the issue of karma and God's forgiveness.  I'm not God and I didn't spend last night in a Holiday Inn either.  I don't have to forgive and it's not within my purview to damn, which I haven't.  What I did say is that Bashir will face another Judge one day so he'll be looking at whatever goes around on that plane as well, as promised.

In the meantime, I judge because that's how I steer clear of the sht not of my own making. 

A friend of mine calls me "Stands With Fist", because I do.  I do it for what is right by God's Lights. 

Sorry to cause you an ouch.

Oh, I can take a little ouch now and then, it wouldn't be interesting in here otherwise. ::beertoast::

I'm pretty sure that we just got our apples and oranges mixed up a bit.  I sometimes lack the ability to fully clarify my thoughts in the written form.  But look at the bright side, this fault of mine can lead to some lively conversation!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 07:24:27 AM »
Who is "we" and "our"?  We're an obscure site in the middle of other obscure sites, so it matters not a damn as far as spotlights and contrasts go what we say here.

I'm done with graciousness and forgiveness, so rock on with the same rooty cause it's always worked so well.

Yeah, right there with ya on that!

It wasn't long ago where I would have had no problem with what Trap said, but the high road has provided what exactly?  I mean beyond giving the impression that we (if there is a "we", people like us whio believe in liberty and Founding Principles "we" I will take...anything broader like the GOP, umm, no) are saps and dupes.

I'm done with nice...

No act I/we do is deemed worthy by our adversaries, not ONE...fine, to them I say "I aim to misbehave"...a lot!   ;)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 07:27:12 AM »

There's Martin looking to get more ammunition for his Sarah Palin project from Cwissy Matthews.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »
 ::hysterical::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 10:47:49 PM »
Personally, I appreciate msnbc and their fine lineup of personalities. And while I could understand republicans using mr bashirs comments to point out their sheer hypocrisy, maybe the best avenue to discuss human debris is to literally make fun of the network.

Maybe the best response, when asked about the offensive comments, is to point out it is msnbc, the bottom dwellers of political talk and these type of assinine statements are a regular occurrence to their vast audience. I would trivialize the hell out of them.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.