Author Topic: Things are going well in Rahm's city  (Read 410 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Things are going well in Rahm's city
« on: November 18, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »
Don't. Visit. Chicago.

If you must, Don't. Go. Out. After. Dark.

At least 15 shot overnight across city

By Adam Sege
Tribune reporter
9:10 a.m. CST, November 17, 2013

At least 15 people were shot across the city during a roughly seven-hour stretch starting Saturday night, including 11 shot within three hours early Sunday morning, according to police.

Three of the injured were shot about 1:15 a.m. as they walked down the sidewalk in the 7500 block of South Ingleside Avenue in the Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side, police said. Someone in a dark-colored sedan opened fire, striking the ankles of a 16-year-old girl, a 19-year-old man and a 21-year-old man, police said.

The girl was brought by ambulance to University of Chicago Medical Center, and someone drove the men to Jackson Park Hospital, Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro said. Their conditions were stabilized.

RELATED
3 shot on Dan Ryan Expressway
3 shot on Dan Ryan Expressway
Special report: Chicago Under the Gun
Special report: Chicago Under the Gun
Map: Track homicides in Chicago
Map: Track homicides in Chicago
More Englewood crime »
More West Ridge crime »
More Greater Grand Crossing crime »
More New City crime »
See more stories »
MAPS
5200 W Congress Pkwy, Chicago, IL, 60644, United States
5100 W Maypole Ave, Chicago, IL, 60644, United States
7800 S Burnham Ave, Chicago, IL, 60649, United States
3500 W Douglas Blvd, Chicago, IL, 60623, United States
1600 W 44th St, Chicago, IL, 60609, United States
7500 S Ingleside Ave, Chicago, IL, 60619, United States
Dan Ryan Expy E & W 59th St, Chicago, IL, 60621, United States
7300 N Campbell Ave, Chicago, IL, 60645, United States

In a separate shooting about 2:10 a.m., someone opened fire on a car in the 1600 block of West 44th Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side, police said.

A bullet shattered the rear window of the car and struck a 21-year-old passenger in the head, police said. The car's driver continued to the intersection of West 43rd Street and South Racine Avenue, where the car's occupants flagged down a private security guard and waited for an ambulance.

The 21-year-old man was taken in critical condition to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County, where he was brought into emergency surgery, police said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-overnight-crime-shootings-nov-16-nov-17-20131116,0,2915240.story
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Things are going well in Rahm's city
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:54:17 AM »
I'd rather roll in fresh cow feces than go to Chicago...since I don't plan on rolling in cow feces it is really not looking good for Chicago.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Things are going well in Rahm's city
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »
I'd rather roll in fresh cow feces than go to Chicago...since I don't plan on rolling in cow feces it is really not looking good for Chicago.
Well, it looks like Biff Tannin agrees.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.