Author Topic: Wisconsin: special prosecutor raids Walker supporters  (Read 986 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Wisconsin: special prosecutor raids Walker supporters
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:24:24 AM »
Wisconsin: special prosecutor raids Walker supporters
by WALTER OLSON on NOVEMBER 16, 2013

A secret special prosecutor wielding “kitchen-sink” subpoenas takes aim at persons and groups who supported Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker in his recent showdown with public employee unions. “The probe began in the office of Milwaukee County Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf, though no one will publicly claim credit for appointing Mr. Schmitz, the special prosecutor. The investigation is taking place under Wisconsin’s John Doe law, which bars a subpoena’s targets from disclosing its contents to anyone but his attorneys. … [Wisconsin Club for Growth director Eric O'Keefe] adds that at least three of the targets had their homes raided at dawn, with law-enforcement officers turning over belongings to seize computers and files.”

::pullhair::

http://overlawyered.com/2013/11/wisconsin-special-prosecutor-raids-walker-supporters/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wisconsin-special-prosecutor-raids-walker-supporters
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Wisconsin: special prosecutor raids Walker supporters
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 07:50:41 AM »
I don't care about their sullied piece of paper, the Old Parchment's (DOI & USC) trump any of that shyt...open fire on all tresspassers, let God sort them out!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 07:59:14 AM »
Wisconsin Political Speech Raid

Might as well link the original article.  I didn't know what to think with Drudge linking some guy's blog, but the WSJ gives it all the credibility I need.  It's up to the targets to just say no.  And very loudly.

::rockets::

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 10:16:45 AM »
Thank you, MNHawk! Appreciate the correction!  ::facepalm::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline robins111

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »
Just curious, but who appointed this 'special prosecutor'...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 12:06:05 PM »
Just curious, but who appointed this 'special prosecutor'...

You just have to go DA shopping...from the link -

The probe began in the office of Milwaukee County Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf, though no one will publicly claim credit for appointing Mr. Schmitz, the special prosecutor. The investigation is taking place under Wisconsin's John Doe law, which bars a subpoena's targets from disclosing its contents to anyone but his attorneys. John Doe probes work much like a grand jury, allowing prosecutors to issue subpoenas and conduct searches, while the gag orders leave the targets facing the resources of the state with no way to publicly defend themselves.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 12:29:38 PM »
They should go public and Walker should pardon them.

IF they are innocent of any charges, that is.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »
Charges?!  I sniff at their "charges"!

The subpoenas don't spell out a specific allegation, but the demands suggest the government may be pursuing a theory of illegal campaign coordination by independent groups during the recall elections. If prosecutors are pursuing a theory that independent conservative groups coordinated with candidate campaigns during the recall, their goal may be to transform the independent expenditures into candidate committees after the fact, requiring revision of campaign-finance disclosures and possible criminal charges.

... This is the second such investigation against Mr. Walker in three and a half years, following one that began in the office of Milwaukee County Democratic District Attorney John Chisholm in spring 2010.

That probe examined whether staffers used government offices for political purposes while Mr. Walker was Milwaukee County Executive, but after three years turned up nothing on Mr. Walker and embarrassingly little else. The final charges included a case of an aide sending campaign emails on county time, two Walker aides stealing money, and charges of child enticement against the domestic partner of a former staffer.

They're vapor-ware; they're charge-shopping.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »
It seems that way Pan. But then, we all know that Republicans are not immune to temptations, vices, or crimes. I've been conditioned not to put my faith in the innocence of anyone until I know.

All I'm saying is that barring knowledge of ones own guilt, one should arrange with the governor's office to break the "John Doe" law and disclose the nature and origin of the subpoenas on condition of a pardon.

Another option would be for Walker to shop for a prosecutor willing to do the same damn thing back to the unions and Leftist donors.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 01:00:42 PM »
It seems that way Pan. But then, we all know that Republicans are not immune to temptations, vices, or crimes. I've been conditioned not to put my faith in the innocence of anyone until I know.

Agreed, but that's not why I scoff.  I "question the timing", for one.  And two, with their history of projection, I'm thinking the Left in this case just *know* they're gonna get the enemy for doing what they always do.

All I'm saying is that barring knowledge of ones own guilt, one should arrange with the governor's office to break the "John Doe" law and disclose the nature and origin of the subpoenas on condition of a pardon.

Another option would be for Walker to shop for a prosecutor willing to do the same damn thing back to the unions and Leftist donors.

See, this is why we're always playing defense, because the Right is not in the habit of using the Left's tactics against them, in a word (or two), playing dirty.

Besides, read again what I posted.  The worst of them, "child enticement", turned up no evidence if I read it correctly.

This:  "their goal may be to transform the independent expenditures into candidate committees after the fact, requiring revision of campaign-finance disclosures and possible criminal charges"?  They're looking to turn individual donors into committees?  Bah.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:07:13 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »
File under: "Leftists are not allowed to lose, ever."

They lost in the Wisconsin senate, they lost in their recall effort, so it's now this. Same as it ever was.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 07:53:13 AM »
From fleebaggers to carpetbombers...they want a war?  Better man-up and give them one, attack them on all fronts...prosecute them, tie up committees with investigations into union activities, hit them with RICO charges, drag their asses into jail and courts...stake out their leaders homes, harrass their staff, follow them around, record everything, fill the internet with all sorts of document dumps, swamp them, make them crawl on their bellies and beg for it all to stop...then crush their skulls in.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »
From fleebaggers to carpetbombers...they want a war?  Better man-up and give them one, attack them on all fronts...prosecute them, tie up committees with investigations into union activities, hit them with RICO charges, drag their asses into jail and courts...stake out their leaders homes, harrass their staff, follow them around, record everything, fill the internet with all sorts of document dumps, swamp them, make them crawl on their bellies and beg for it all to stop...then crush their skulls in.

They will never stop, the best way to fight this kind of fire is with fire.  A agree with Libertas 1000%.  see how they like it.
Eschew Obfuscation