Author Topic: 24: The Movie Due Out In 2012  (Read 1376 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
24: The Movie Due Out In 2012
« on: April 12, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »
It had better be damn good because I honestly do not see why anyone would pay to see 2+ hours of 24. I mean, that's right isn't it? In order for it to "be" 24 it has to be shown in "real time" otherwise they might as well call it the continuing adventures of Jack Bauer. Which would (or could) be fine. It just wouldn't be 24.

So I guess the movie would be pretty much non-stop action/action/action with a dozen or so mini cliffhangers built into it. Which presents another problem...how could you get up and go for more popcorn and/or visit the toilet without missing a huge chunk of the story?

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 24: The Movie Due Out In 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:50:13 AM »
24 the movie should cover a whole 24 hours, really!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »
Sounds like a long movie starring a short subject .

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 11:26:56 AM »
24 the movie should cover a whole 24 hours, really!

;D

Well, that's just it...it's either in real time like the tv series and it covers 2 to 2.5 hours or it covers 24 hours in traditional story telling mode within the alloted movie time. Either way, it had better have a heck of a script to live up to the original concept.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
Hey, I can't wait for it!!

I am a big 24 fan!!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 07:00:26 PM »
I wonder what resurrected it? I read not two or three months ago that the plan to make a "24" feature film was scrapped and dead in the water.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson