Author Topic: Ohio Court Upholds Firing in School Bible Case  (Read 784 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Ohio Court Upholds Firing in School Bible Case
« on: November 19, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »
With three justices dissenting, the state Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that the Mount Vernon district had grounds to fire John Freshwater for insubordination for keeping religious books and a poster of a president praying.

The court says the district infringed on Freshwater's First Amendment rights by ordering the removal of his personal Bible but found he was insubordinate for keeping other items.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: Ohio Court Upholds Firing in School Bible Case
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 01:36:35 PM »
When will the war begin? This has gone from ridiculous to absurd and insulting.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:55:34 AM »
Mount Vernon...president praying...

I am seeing this - http://www.fribergfineart.com/store/c/798-The-Prayer-at-Valley-Forge.aspx

You too?

War?  Oh yeah.  Coming to a neighborhood near you!  (And you know who you are!) 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 09:47:13 AM »
insubordination for keeping religious books and a poster of a president praying.

For keeping. Keeping? Not publicly praying (although that, too is allowable). Not teaching/preaching it...but keeping. I wonder if any others teachers "keep" crystals or pendants or maybe wear jewelry/rings depicting ankhs & such.

Not that this makes life on earth any easier (i.e., we still relish the fight/battle/war) - but during a live stream last night of RZIM @ John Hopkins (topic was evil & suffering vs. faith - folks who claim not to believe due to the presence of evil), Vince Vitale answered one question as follows:

What if what we see here on earth represents merely the 1st few moments of our lives; and what we lose, we only lose for a time and then have it restored to us (in eternity)? He went on to challenge the audience to think of life not in terms of self (it's not at all about "you") but in terms of God's glory and a seat in eternity.

That's a tough concept to follow, given the sh*tstorm of hate being thrown our way & then backed with legislation - but I was appreciative of at least the concept on which to ponder.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.