Author Topic: Texas Drivers Pulled Over, Asked For DNA Samples By Federal Contractors  (Read 9788 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Texas Drivers Pulled Over, Asked For DNA Samples By Federal Contractors
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »
OMG!  Maddy said "my ass".  Classically good rant, girl.   ::cool::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 11:51:44 PM »
Just as an aside, I have been nearly burned by the same "passing on the right" nonsense. I pointed out that the city or state (whichever one paved the damn road) had deliberately created areas on the shoulder specifically FOR passing left-turning cars on the -- get this -- right!  So if it is illegal to pass on the right, why did the DOT encourage it by going to the trouble of paving that portion of the shoulder, and only on parts of the road where traffic frequently has to stop for cars making left turns? I don't know how it is where everyone else lives, but in this city morning traffic is already godawful enough without everyone diligently waiting behind every left turning car on a 2 lane road. Without those little go-arounds the whole situation would rapidly devolve into daily knife fights.

And regarding wimpy low flow shower heads, your troubles are over: http://www.amazon.com/Siroflex-Showerhead-From-Italy/dp/B000ZSF296/

My $11 Italian shower head annihilates the $80 chromed thing I had before. Seriously, it dumps out so much water you might actually drain your water heater before you're out of the shower.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 11:54:34 PM »

LOL! Thanks, Pandora!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »

While I'm not holding my breath, I really hope Rick Perry steps in for some answers. Okay rant's over. For now.  ::outrage::

Yeah I'm not holding my breath either. This would be the same Rick Perry who tried to order all young girls in Texas to get the Gardasil shot.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 12:07:45 AM »
Just as an aside, I have been nearly burned by the same "passing on the right" nonsense. I pointed out that the city or state (whichever one paved the damn road) had deliberately created areas on the shoulder specifically FOR passing left-turning cars on the -- get this -- right!  So if it is illegal to pass on the right, why did the DOT encourage it by going to the trouble of paving that portion of the shoulder, and only on parts of the road where traffic frequently has to stop for cars making left turns? I don't know how it is where everyone else lives, but in this city morning traffic is already godawful enough without everyone diligently waiting behind every left turning car on a 2 lane road. Without those little go-arounds the whole situation would rapidly devolve into daily knife fights.

Seriously.  At what point -- swear to God, I missed it -- did government's main function become impeding humans, traffic, commerce and progress -- as opposed to encouraging them?

And regarding wimpy low flow shower heads, your troubles are over: http://www.amazon.com/Siroflex-Showerhead-From-Italy/dp/B000ZSF296/

My $11 Italian shower head annihilates the $80 chromed thing I had before. Seriously, it dumps out so much water you might actually drain your water heater before you're out of the shower.

Darlin', if this works as you say, I'll kiss ya and buy/make you a steak dinner.  Or lasagne.  Or whatever you like to eat.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 12:09:26 AM »

LOL! Thanks, Pandora!

Oh honey, you are so welcome!

RickZ

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 04:22:04 AM »
It is simply amazing how many do not know the Constitution nor the Rights that they have that are guaranteed by that document.

My response (unreasonable or not) would be to ask LEOs (sarcastically or not), "Have you read the Constitution?  Specifically that 4th Amendment thingy?"

Pan's right.  We need our scripts ready.  It also wouldn't hurt to put a civil liberties lawyer's office on speed dial, whether you've retained him or not.  A simple 'Let me call my lawyer' as you begin to dial sends a 'I will not be intimidated' message.  And I agree:  Badge numbers, always get badge numbers.

Stern look from Border Agent, 50 miles inland:  "I would appreciate the next time you come through here that you be more cooperative so that you can make our jobs easier."  Yep, give up your rights to make their jobs easier.  "I'm giving you a direct order."  Authority hates to have their power questioned.  No doubt about it, this is all about conditioning a Nation of sheeple to 'just follow orders'.

THE TOP U.S. CHECKPOINT REFUSALS OF 2012!

There are a ton of these checkpoint refusal videos on YouTube.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 07:36:10 AM »
I have a hard time controlling my passion...I'd say temper but I've mellowed over the years...but something like this would get my blood up to boiling pretty dang quick...

I can see myself saying "You want me to what?  Give you what?!  Umm, no, not going to happen.  First, do you have a warrant?  No?  Great!  This looks like an illegal roadblock and an unconstitutional detention without any cause whatsoever, I'm calling my lawyer.  What's your name?  What's your badge number?  What agency or city or state are you with?  Who authorized you to do this?  My lawyer would like a word with the senior officer present."

Anything beyond full cooperation with my demands is not going to end well.  Anything interrupting the above flow is going to result in them being forced to go full-goon on this hostile human.

And, umm...this happened in Texas, right?  Texas?  TEXAS?!?!?!

::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 07:58:09 AM »
And, umm...this happened in Texas, right?  Texas?  TEXAS?!?!?!

I think the vid is a compilation of various roadblocks.  I think Texas and Arizona are represented, not sure of any other state, though.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 08:20:07 AM »

Pan's right.  We need our scripts ready.  It also wouldn't hurt to put a civil liberties lawyer's office on speed dial, whether you've retained him or not. 

::thumbsup::

The Constitution belongs to me!

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 08:49:39 AM »
A close buddy of mine, a Chicago cop, told me to NEVER agree to let a cop look through your vehicle. He says to respond to any smart-ass comments from the cop: "Go wake up a judge."
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »

Pan's right.  We need our scripts ready.  It also wouldn't hurt to put a civil liberties lawyer's office on speed dial, whether you've retained him or not. 

Maybe I need LV on speed-dial?!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
A close buddy of mine, a Chicago cop, told me to NEVER agree to let a cop look through your vehicle. He says to respond to any smart-ass comments from the cop: "Go wake up a judge."

I like it!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 02:06:06 PM »

Maybe I need LV on speed-dial?!

you're sweet

Seriously, though I second RickZ's suggestion. And unless, you're about to be swatted I'd ask questions.  That slows everything down and as they answer you have a chance to calm down and think.  Calm goes along way to showing cooperation while protecting your rights.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2013, 07:35:33 PM »
That was good.
Well, I don't know that "good" is the right term

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »
  Well I get to face a judge on Dec.17 charged with Criminal failure to obey a LEO. I fully expect to beet the charges but I'll still be out 3K for the privilege.

Too long a story to type out but it's a real pain in the ass.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2013, 08:46:44 PM »
I'd take that offer of coffee and bring home-made bread.  You'd like it, I hope.

... no one can fight every battle.

KC, I've been fighting these battles all my adult life -- or, rather, and more truthfully, ducking them.

I don't have my own business because I wasn't going to deal with the bureaucratic bullsht.  Not the right sink, not the right oven, health inspection, OSHA compliance.  Okay, not.

I had to fight the gawdamn county just to build a garage on my own property -- the Health Dept. bitch threatened to shut off the power to my house if I didn't jump through her hoops, and I had to appeal to the State for permission to not termite treat a totally steel and concrete-composite structure, to do an end-run around the County.

I don't fly because I'll get arrested in the airport, if not just for the look on my face, but for refusing to have my rights to my person and personal effects violated.  So, I drive, at an inconvenience and with great anger.

I've been ticketed for a bullsht violation by a bullsht cop, went to Court and had the judge upbraid me because of the look on my face while he bought the liar's version.

I've been stopped by a faux Homeland Security "officer" for driving around their bullsht "no passing on the right" traffic gawdamn rules, a situation the DOT set up during road "construction", and I played that.  That won't happen again.

I can't deposit or withdraw my own money from my own bank account without being tracked and reported.

I had to get government permission to exercise my 2A right to be armed.

I have a shower head that spits water on my mid-back length hair and a toilet that needs coaxing to deal with the Crohn's results.

I moved out of my parents' home at nineteen because I was more than ready to be an adult, to make decisions and accept the consequences.  And I have.

There's probably at least a hundred other incidents forgotten in the drift of time that's my almost sixty years -- probably no more and no less than your average American -- and, yes, I'm yelling, I'M DONE.

Now, we all do what we gotta do.  And this regards the rest.

Home made bread? I haven't had that since I was a child. I consider myself a good cook, but not a very good baker.  My bread could be a boat anchor.  ::hysterical::

I'll have some good, real butter to go with.  Do you like cream and sugar?

Regarding the OP. I didn't mean to imply I would submit; I would just be nice. Police officers can get ornery when their authority is questioned.  If their stated purpose in pulling me over was for a survey, I would decline the survey and attempt to give them no cause to throw their weight around.  IOW, they'd have nothing on me, not even disorderly conduct.

The question I did not see asked was, who the heck are federal contractors? Are they law enforcement? And who is paying the state police to pull people over for those contractors?  These are questions that I would want to stay out of jail in order to ask them with credibility.

Moving along to your mini rant.

I hear you. We had a small business in the 90's and finally closed shop because of the regulations and taxes...the constant headaches and demands of the State and the Federal agencies who had to take such a big piece of the pie that there was none left to truly profit.

We've given up the purchase of property in both Colorado and Texas because of the (I call it shady) small print in contracts concerning environmental studies and restrictions.

I can and will, as time goes by rant about all of the other krap the government dishes out expecting us to not only eat it, but thank them for the privilege of doing so!

I've seen comments about this happening in Texas and Arizona, and how people are surprised that Texans would comply.

In defense of my home State. We have a lot of "outsiders" here because of the oil boom. Not only that, it was Houston. Geez! everyone knows all the idiots live in Houston and Austin.

BTW, I don't fly either. For your stated reasons.

And I don't even want to talk about trouble with my toilet.  It's been in this house since 1959, I refuse to get the new ones because, well, if I have to flush three times it sure won't be because the tank only holds four ounces of water....
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2013, 09:09:14 PM »
  Can't help you with your toilet tonight but if you tell me what it's doing I can probably help you with it at a later date like maybe tomorrow.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »
  Well I get to face a judge on Dec.17 charged with Criminal failure to obey a LEO. I fully expect to beet the charges but I'll still be out 3K for the privilege.

Too long a story to type out but it's a real pain in the ass.

What? Did I miss something? Can you give a hint?
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 09:48:27 PM »
I'll have some good, real butter to go with.  Do you like cream and sugar?

Good with all three.  In the someday, maybe I can swing by and pick up Lady Virginia on my way; I'm sure she can add to the conversation.