Author Topic: Texas Drivers Pulled Over, Asked For DNA Samples By Federal Contractors  (Read 9783 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Texas Drivers Pulled Over, Asked For DNA Samples By Federal Contractors
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2013, 10:15:38 PM »
I'll have some good, real butter to go with.  Do you like cream and sugar?

Good with all three.  In the someday, maybe I can swing by and pick up Lady Virginia on my way; I'm sure she can add to the conversation.

I might have a thought or two.   ;D
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 10:21:13 PM »
Yup. I'm still pissed.

I heard Beck rant on this today and I hope he follows up on it. I will say that Beck is pretty good about holding the feet to the fire when it comes to it, but that makes no difference to me. Beck...schmeck. Like the guy - as well as Pat and Stu - I really think that they are good guys doing what they think are best. 'Nuff on that. Learned a helluva lot.

As far as these legal issues go, I'm pretty much with everyone here in terms of reaction. "Wake a judge up." Good advice as well as the rest that I've seen.

Also know that I deal with ALJs, et al... (Administrative Law Judges) every. freaking. day. Only in a civil capacity, however.  Most of them make me crazy, nonetheless.

Also know that the avg person here is more intelligent than the ALJ's that I deal with. This is very important. Don't second-guess yourself. Ever.

You should also know that many (depending on what state you live in) "Referees, aka, ALJ's, and Hearing Officers have no more - many times less - education than you do.

Always appeal if you lose your case - but be sure to do so timely no matter if you are representing yourself or not. Read your mail.

Just thought it would be a good tip for anyone intimated by such. Don't ever be. These folks are your next door neighbor that spend a few yrs working for the state and got slapped with a title for what could be a bevy of reasons. Or? They flunked out of law school - or never even went. Anymore, there aren't the as many small civil judges that actually passed the Bar in civil administration anymore. I can elaborate on that if need be.

Half of the time I deal with them anymore they are lucky if they can speak proper English. Yes, Proper English. Sad, but true.

Lastly, as some have said on this thread, always know your rights as well as the constitution. Always. Should you cite it to them in question, chances are that they will balk and continue whatever proceeding that you may be in. Continuances can be good - speaks to the ignorance of the sitting ALJ but may cost you. Really depends on your case and whether you already have council or not. Just always remember - do your homework, and appeal if you feel your case has legitimate merit. The worst the Board can do is toss your appeal. Then? You can always go to the Supreme Court (on your own dime, case pending.)

Ok - I think I'm going to go watch some Walking Dead. Addicted!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 10:51:48 PM »
Yah, good advice, Maddy.

Could be LV and I will be swingin' 'round to pick up Maddy on the way, too, KC.  Howzzat?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 11:46:59 PM »
Yah, good advice, Maddy.

Could be LV and I will be swingin' 'round to pick up Maddy on the way, too, KC.  Howzzat?

Do you have one of the cool Griswold station wagons from "Vacation" or do we have to ride in some crappy armored Humvee? Man that would suck!  :D

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 11:51:30 PM »
I like the response, "Oh, you won't need my permission if you can convince the judge to sign off on whatever it is you want to do and just show my lawyer the signed order."
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 11:51:58 PM »
No, we got a cool F150 pickup.  So, qwicherbichin and do you wanna come or not?  (Sheesh, everybody's a critic.)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2013, 07:17:05 AM »

Pan's right.  We need our scripts ready.  It also wouldn't hurt to put a civil liberties lawyer's office on speed dial, whether you've retained him or not. 

::thumbsup::

The Constitution belongs to me!

Maybe I need LV on speed-dial?!

you're sweet

Seriously, though I second RickZ's suggestion. And unless, you're about to be swatted I'd ask questions.  That slows everything down and as they answer you have a chance to calm down and think.  Calm goes along way to showing cooperation while protecting your rights.

Sounds like good advice.  If I can get past step one (keep my mouth shut...all other steps pale in comparison to this one!) I might do OK.

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »
No, we got a cool F150 pickup. 

excellent
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2013, 09:56:10 AM »
I'll have some good, real butter to go with.  Do you like cream and sugar?

Good with all three.  In the someday, maybe I can swing by and pick up Lady Virginia on my way; I'm sure she can add to the conversation.

I might have a thought or two.   ;D

That would be Grand!

My husband would say our gathering would "sound like a telephone operators convention"  Which is far better than being called a bunch of hens.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »
  Well I get to face a judge on Dec.17 charged with Criminal failure to obey a LEO. I fully expect to beet the charges but I'll still be out 3K for the privilege.

Too long a story to type out but it's a real pain in the ass.

What? Did I miss something? Can you give a hint?

I went around a cop car left almost blocking a lane in the road looking for the cop so I could get directions from his sorry ass. Turns out he was sitting in the car and I could not see him behind his deep tinted windows and it was after dark and with mi headlights hitting the car you cannot see him.

He hit the siren as I was almost by him so that I was not blocking traffic and get some help,he helped me to a criminal charge of failure to obey a LEO even though he was not there to give an order to disobey. And in his comments he has the stupidity to admit that he was sitting in his car and not directing traffic and that he had to pull the car forward to block the lane and my lawyer says that it's doubtfull that it goes to full blown court just based on his own comments and if it does go to court she will rip it to pieces and it will die there.

She says that it's so easy that she would charge me 1200 instead of 3000.(shocked me too).She's filing a motion to dismiss but hopes it goes to trial so she can get at his dumb ass,that's a quote. She also referred to him as an arrogant ass with a badge and a gun.

The funny part is that his story and my story matched when she read his comments back to me after I told her my side of it first,so she saw that I was telling her the truth(sneaky bitch)but then again she does business with a lot of people dat didn't do nuffin.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2013, 07:45:22 PM »
An oldie but a goody.  Take the time to watch, if you can ...

This video discusses how the police will seize upon a minor discrepancy or circumstantial fact unrelated to a crime, to ensnare an innocent person into a situation in which the police are able to create doubt of innocence. In these circumstances, the police are not your friend; they want to solve a crime. Anybody who has spent any time (for example) reading the hundreds of analyses of firearms cases by James Bardwell cannot help but be struck by the significant number of times that at the time ATF first approached the now-convicted defendant, the now-convicted defendant didn't have a legal problem. What happened is that the now-convicted defendant couldn't keep his mouth shut and talked himself into a violation of the law.

Don't Talk to the Police/Cops | James Duane

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/11/praxis-talking-to-police.html

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2013, 08:14:05 PM »
  Well I get to face a judge on Dec.17 charged with Criminal failure to obey a LEO. I fully expect to beet the charges but I'll still be out 3K for the privilege.

Too long a story to type out but it's a real pain in the ass.

What? Did I miss something? Can you give a hint?

I went around a cop car left almost blocking a lane in the road looking for the cop so I could get directions from his sorry ass. Turns out he was sitting in the car and I could not see him behind his deep tinted windows and it was after dark and with mi headlights hitting the car you cannot see him.

He hit the siren as I was almost by him so that I was not blocking traffic and get some help,he helped me to a criminal charge of failure to obey a LEO even though he was not there to give an order to disobey. And in his comments he has the stupidity to admit that he was sitting in his car and not directing traffic and that he had to pull the car forward to block the lane and my lawyer says that it's doubtfull that it goes to full blown court just based on his own comments and if it does go to court she will rip it to pieces and it will die there.

She says that it's so easy that she would charge me 1200 instead of 3000.(shocked me too).She's filing a motion to dismiss but hopes it goes to trial so she can get at his dumb ass,that's a quote. She also referred to him as an arrogant ass with a badge and a gun.

The funny part is that his story and my story matched when she read his comments back to me after I told her my side of it first,so she saw that I was telling her the truth(sneaky bitch)but then again she does business with a lot of people dat didn't do nuffin.

Ridiculous! What the heck was he blocking the road for, sitting in a darkened car?

Sounds like you'll win this one, but it sure isn't pleasant to have to defend yourself and pay that sort of money when you've not done anything wrong.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »
  There was a car accident about 300 feet down the road but nobody thought that traffic might need directing or any need for road flares.

Thanks and yes it is nothing new.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »

This video discusses how the police will seize upon a minor discrepancy or circumstantial fact unrelated to a crime, to ensnare an innocent person into a situation in which the police are able to create doubt of innocence. In these circumstances, the police are not your friend; they want to solve a crime. Anybody who has spent any time (for example) reading the hundreds of analyses of firearms cases by James Bardwell cannot help but be struck by the significant number of times that at the time ATF first approached the now-convicted defendant, the now-convicted defendant didn't have a legal problem. What happened is that the now-convicted defendant couldn't keep his mouth shut and talked himself into a violation of the law.

One evening not too many years ago I was meeting up with some family members to have a drink after having watched a movie. We were in a suburban area of seattle that is (locally) noted for being trendy (AKA stick~up~their~butts snooty).

As I was driving through an acreage of awkwardly-platted parking my right-rear tire caught the very corner of a low curb and a chirped the tire. Almost immediately a cop rushed out into the street to intercept me. It was my singular misfortune that I found myself at the mercy of a female mall cop (the absolute wort kind).

She practically sprinted up to my car window and demanded to know "What the hell is wrong with you?!!!"

I answered, "nothing"

She pressed, "Are you crazy? Are you on drugs?! Why are you driving like a lunatic?!!!!!"

I replied, "Sorry about chirping the tire - I mistakenly caught the corner of a curb"

That wasn't good enough for her. "Have you been drinking? she demanded. Where have you been? Where are you going?"

When I started to reply she cut me off..."You got some kind of attitude, don't you? You think the law only applies to others, not you?"

"No" is all I said.

"Then why are you acting like you can do any damned thing you want?!!"

I just looked at her.

"Are you going to answer me?"

"Am I free to go?" I asked.

"No!!!" she shouted. "You're right on the verge of being arrested!"

Now answer me - why were you driving like a maniac?"

Just like your vid, she was posing a no-win (for me) question designed to induce me to incriminate myself. So I chose silence.

"Are you gonna answer me or are you going to jail?!!"

"I'm just trying to park my car" I replied.

"Bullsh*t. I saw you! You were racing through the parking lot!" (a complete fabrication).

Silence.

"Are you gonna answer me or are you going to jail?!!" she repeated.

Silence.

"What's it going to be?!"

"Am I free to go?" I asked.

Then came the inevitable lecture about how generous and wonderful she was, how much of a monster I was, and how the world would be a better place if I just simply wasn't in it. Finally she told me to leave - town. I was more than relieved to do so.

Oh, and one other thing. The whole time that she was acting like a complete C-word I had my .45 pointed at her baby-making parts. And my brother was a dozen feet behind her with his .45 at the ready to take her head off.

Stupid bitch isn't bright enough to realize how blessed she is to still be on the planet and able to be a bitch.

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »
No, we got a cool F150 pickup.  So, qwicherbichin and do you wanna come or not?  (Sheesh, everybody's a critic.)

Indeedy. I got some firewater, too! ;D

It'll feed the tank and us!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »
Soup, it has likewise been my observation that women are the very worst authoritarians. They have all the arrogant, imperious bearing of their male counterparts, but add to it a certain busybody schoolmarm quality.

A whole, whole lot of these people are going to be f**ked with a capital F when TSHTF.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »

OKAY!  Now we be rockin' at four.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »
 ::bustamove:: ::bustamove:: ::bustamove:: ::bustamove::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2013, 01:08:37 AM »

OKAY!  Now we be rockin' at four.

If I tell my spouse about the trip, look for the bus loaded with her, her sisters, nieces, and friends. ::doh::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 07:14:05 AM »

Don't Talk to the Police/Cops | James Duane

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/11/praxis-talking-to-police.html

That there is gold and a must-watch for everybody!  I think CO posted this a long time ago in a forum far far away IIRC.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.