Author Topic: “The 16th Amendment should be repealed and the IRS should be eliminated.”  (Read 1033 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
GOP Rep proposes repeal of 16th Amendment
4:52 PM 11/18/2013

Alexis Levinson
Political Reporter

A Republican congressman has filed a bill to repeal the 16th Amendment, which allows the federal government the authority to collect an income tax.

Oklahoma Republican Rep. Jim Bridenstine wants to repeal the amendment in order to scrap the complicated federal tax code, get rid of the income tax for individuals and corporations and abolish the Internal Revenue Service.

“The 4th Amendment to the US Constitution guarantees ‘The right of people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.’ The 16th Amendment effectively negates the 4th Amendment,” Bridenstine said in a statement. “The 16th Amendment should be repealed and the IRS should be eliminated.”

Good luck with that, Bridenstine.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/18/gop-rep-proposes-repeal-of-16th-amendment/#ixzz2l9p2f0KT
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
It will be repealed by reality soon enough.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero

Not sure about that. It's too firmly entrenched in everything we flunkies do and everything the government does.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Not sure about that. It's too firmly entrenched in everything we flunkies do and everything the government does.

Reality doesn't care how entrenched it is. What can't go on, won't.
The dollar is going to go and  with it prosperity, high tax bills, and the  Federal Government's power.
If you can't pay IRS agents, and if people have no money to tax anyway, what are they going to do?

They will be lucky to have enough revenue to run a police state, and that is only if they are successful at getting a police state in place before the collapse.

In the new, "fundamentally transformed" America,  Bribes will be commonplace and  the rule of law will be dead.
We are gonna be third world, and the best part is the non-contributing value-less zeros are going to be crawling through garbage looking for a meal, screaming about how it isn't fair they no longer have an EBT, an Obamaphone, and that providing value to others is the only way to eat. Wail all you want leftist. Reap what you have sown.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Points taken.

P.S.: May I assume that you didn't refer to me as a leftist?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Points taken.

NO.  You ain't no leftist.  Sheesh.

~~~~~~~~~

I don't care so much about yer standard FSA as the army-that-believes-they-are-our rulers.  Those as the ones I want to see mucking about in the dumpsters, at risk of starvation as much as a round to the head.  Bribe this mofo.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Points taken.

NO.  You ain't no leftist.  Sheesh.

~~~~~~~~~

I didn't think so, but written communications on the 'Net can be misleading.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
You'll find that on this forum we often speak to a generic Leftist, who embodies everything we hate about them and their vile ideology.  In my Mind's Eye, the generic Leftie looks like this:

Once she's reduced to crawling around in garbage at least she'll have an excuse for nasty-ass hair.

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
You'll find that on this forum we often speak to a generic Leftist, who embodies everything we hate about them and their vile ideology.  In my Mind's Eye, the generic Leftie looks like this:

Once she's reduced to crawling around in garbage at least she'll have an excuse for nasty-ass hair.

Nope. There is no excuse for that. Cut it with a scissors or a knife or whatever when it gets so sloppy.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Once the fires burn out and the smoke clears we can begin anew.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
If we think voters are more stupid then ever,  we can point to the 16th amendment to show that voters have always been stupid.   

Conservatives,  back a hundred years ago,  never thought this turd of an amendment would never get the support it needed to become reality.   They thought,  people aren't that stupid that they would elect state congressmen that would vote for it.   They were wrong,  unfortunately,  and here we are.   A bill that will go no where, even though its probably the most pressing business in Congress today.   

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The current system is simply beyond all hope of repair. It's designed to have all these different interests vested in the continuation of a giant pyramid scheme, and they resort to increasingly desperate measures to keep the scheme going for just a bit longer (i.e. until it can become some other generation's problem).

It can't go on forever.

- Yours Truly