Author Topic: Ret. General Paul Vallely: It's time for the citizenry to FORCE resignations  (Read 3086 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Retired General Issues National Call To Action To Force Obama’s Resignation

A retired Army general is calling for the “forced resignations” of President Obama, other administration officials and the leadership of Congress for the direction they’re taking the nation, his list of grievances including the systematic political purge of hundreds of senior military officers in the U.S. military...

...In his capacity as chairman of the organization Stand Up America, Vallely issued what he termed a “National Call to Action” to force the resignations of Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

Vallely, formerly the deputy commanding general of Pacific Command, said the current crop of leaders must be forced to resign by the “demand resignation” process, which he explained requires massive grass-roots protests and social networking. As an example, he cited the public and media pressure that led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

Impeachment, Vallely said, is not a viable option because of “partisan politics.”

“Our federal government continues down the path of destroying America,” he said. “Americans must now stand up and put America back on the right track.”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
... massive grass-roots protests and social networking.

Okay, I'm in.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers

Okay, I'm in.

I can imagine a group of higher ranking military men being able to mobilize something like this more effectively than any media personality. But the media personality seems key. Maybe Beck with several retired generals/colonels....

::thinking::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.

Okay, I'm in.

I can imagine a group of higher ranking military men being able to mobilize something like this more effectively than any media personality. But the media personality seems key. Maybe Beck with several retired generals/colonels....

::thinking::

Be good to get Levin on board, too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
 ::popcorn::

::thumbsup::

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Nice move.

I have some upcoming meetings lined up with local political hopeful up & comers; I'm sure this will come up @ some point. I feel like we've gotten an assist 2-3 levels up - let's hope this amounts to more than a good feeling. The steering of a nation's attention back to matters in which they should be concerned is an endless task.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I won't go alone...I'll bring friends...including Mr. Glock and Mr. Smith & Wesson...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline KittenClaws

What is the “Demand Resignation Process”?

I read the article.  What General Vallely is proposing goes well beyond twitter feeds and social networking, that is just to gather the like-minded together.  The General understands that none of the named politicians will ever resign no matter how many petitions are signed or how many people walk on Washington.  This is not Nixon's era and the media is in the administrations pocket.

Like our Forefathers, how many of us are ready and willing to pledge fortunes, freedom and lives for the sake of this country? Until we are ready to do that, and I mean READY to DO that, then all of the marching and letter writing in the world will not save us.

With mass civil disobedience (ie grassroots protests), there is grave potential for violence.  The administration will force confrontation (we saw that during the shutdown); add a few pissed off Generals and we go straight to CW2/RW2. 
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
I won't go alone...I'll bring friends...including Mr. Glock and Mr. Smith & Wesson...

Mr Ruger is coming with me!!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
A new friend was presented to me by my grandson with supporting "hardware" this morning. He's Mr. 7.62mmMosin-Nagant, born the same year as me.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
With mass civil disobedience (ie grassroots protests), there is grave potential for violence.  The administration will force confrontation (we saw that during the shutdown); add a few pissed off Generals and we go straight to CW2/RW2.

And its About time.  This has gone on long enough. Their motives are now very  clear.
May God have mercy on their souls, for I will not. I will gladly give up my family and fortune to let my kids live in liberty and have the freedom to make of themselves what they will, not what someone else deems they are allowed to be.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero

And its About time.  This has gone on long enough. Their motives are now very  clear.
May God have mercy on their souls, for I will not. I will gladly give up my family and fortune to let my kids live in liberty and have the freedom to make of themselves what they will, not what someone else deems they are allowed to be.

::thumbsup::   CW2 or RW2, I'm too friggin' old to worry about being taken out, but I'd take some of 'em down with me. Never in my life, which includes my military service, did I swear to protect and defend a communist country.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline KittenClaws

::thumbsup::   CW2 or RW2, I'm too friggin' old to worry about being taken out, but I'd take some of 'em down with me. Never in my life, which includes my military service, did I swear to protect and defend a communist country.

I am in no way a pacifist when it comes to defending this Country from enemies; foreign and/or domestic. 

This may be the real deal. As such, it needs to be handled and thought through without the rose colored glasses.  Just sayin'.
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
This may be the real deal. As such, it needs to be handled and thought through without the rose colored glasses.  Just sayin'.

I don't think there is a patriot left in this country who still  owns a pair of those.  Most of us have thought long and hard about what was likely coming, and what we would be asked to do.

Offline KittenClaws

I don't think there is a patriot left in this country who still  owns a pair of those.  Most of us have thought long and hard about what was likely coming, and what we would be asked to do.

You're right, of course.  I didn't mean to sound like such a hen.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
I'm aware of what the vets I know would do. And they are ALL armed, and locked and loaded.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
A new friend was presented to me by my grandson with supporting "hardware" this morning. He's Mr. 7.62mmMosin-Nagant, born the same year as me.

If you search the 2nd Amendment section of the forum, you'll see where we've discussed these rifles before. I'm a big fan of them, especially when you could literally get them for like $60 a piece. They're simple, rugged, and fire a real rifle cartridge.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  And Mosin ammo is still cheap to get:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=5
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero

At around $.25/round, it's fantastic.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

At around $.25/round, it's fantastic.

And it comes in what they refer to as "spam cans"holding 440 rounds,which will last a long time because shooting a 7.62X54 round will get your attention as well as who ever you hit.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie