Author Topic: Hillsdale free webcast on economic liberty  (Read 1544 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Hillsdale free webcast on economic liberty
« on: April 12, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »
It's this Saturday the 16th--you have to register and even if you can't listen live you'll be able to access the archives later.

http://constitutiontownhall.com/Hillsdale/Microsite/microsite-April16-schedule2.aspx
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Hillsdale free webcast on economic liberty
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:36:58 PM »
I sure like Mike Pence. His recent speech on The Presidency and the Constitution transcribed in "Imprimis" was quite good.

Registered.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:08:03 AM »
Dang, out of town and out of touch.  Y'all take good notes and give us a good synopsis!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:51:37 AM »
Libertas, I signed up too even though I'm probably unavailable,too
LadyVirginia said it would be available in the archives

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 09:25:16 AM »
Libertas, I signed up too even though I'm probably unavailable,too
LadyVirginia said it would be available in the archives

I have to be 3 different places on Saturday so I too will be catching up later--it should be available on the same page as the livecast was when you sign in.  They had a 3 day webcast last year and I watched it later at night  (it's on youtube now -- search for Reviving the Constitution)

(One of my kids had Dr. Moreno for a class and she really liked him. He's the author of Black Americans and Organized Labor: A New History (One of the books on my list to read. Let's just say early unions weren't for black Americans) and From Direct Action to Affirmative Action: Fair Employment Law and Policy in America.)
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
Oh sweet, thanks for the clarification.

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »
I'll be watching the rebroadcast as well. I have a first date (of the season) with a sexy bass boat and a new power steering system.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson