Author Topic: Sylvia Browne, 1936 - 2013  (Read 1104 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Sylvia Browne, 1936 - 2013
« on: November 23, 2013, 12:42:47 AM »
Sylvia Browne dead: World famous psychic was 77
Posted on: 8:12 pm, November 20, 2013, by CNN Wire, updated on: 10:03pm, November 20, 2013

Renowned psychic Sylvia Browne — a leader in the paranormal world who appeared regularly on television and radio and also wrote dozens of top-selling books — died Wednesday in a northern California hospital, according to her website.

She was 77.

A believer in reincarnation as well as God, Browne conducted thousands of hypnotic regressions and hundreds of trance sessions to help people around the world, according to her official biography. She explained on CNN’s Larry King Live that she both communicated with the dead and looked into the future.

“I don’t know how I do it,” Browne once explained on King’s show. “I’ve done it all my life.”
Her following extended well beyond those she helped directly. Some got to know her through her writings, others through the media — including appearances on “Unsolved Mysteries,” “Loveline with Dr. Drew” and “The Montel Williams Show,” on which she was a weekly guest for 17 years.

“I, like so many of you, lost a friend today,” Williams said in a posting on Browne’s website. “But, as has been for the last 20 years, she’ll always remain a part of me.”

Born in Kansas City, Missouri, during the Great Depression, Browne first became aware of her psychic abilities at age 3, her bio says.

It was a “very scary thing” for her when she realized as a youngster she could tell if someone was going to die, she told King in 2000.

“The only thing, I think, that saved my sanity was that there are so many — well, we can track our lineage back to 300 years — of psychics,” Browne said.

After moving to California in 1964, she moved from helping people privately to doing so publicly to help “thousands of people gain control of their lives, live more happily, understand the meaning of life and to find God in their unique way,” her website states.

http://myfox8.com/2013/11/20/sylvia-browne-dead-world-famous-psychic-dead-at-77/

U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
Re: Sylvia Browne, 1936 - 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:09:05 AM »
Very sad.

Even though she was a fraud.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 01:15:17 AM »
Very sad.

Even though she was a fraud.

I never paid any attention to the crap she and others like her spew.

I just posted it since she was at least semi-famous.  ::beertoast::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 03:41:30 AM »
Years ago when I was a wee lad, my Mom woke up in the middle of the night.  She immediately called her sister hundreds of miles away who lived alone with, and took care of, my Grandma.  Without any preamble, she asked her sister, 'How's Mom doing?'  'She's fine, she's rest--, How did YOU know?'  My Mom never could explain how while she slept she knew, but she just knew her Mom had a heart attack.

One time when we were adults, my best friend and I shared the same dream.  I mean the same dream, down to the minutest details, with each of us being in the other's dream.  We were talking on the phone about a 'weird dream' we each had, and ended up finishing each other's descriptions of what transpired in that dream.  Only happened once, but it was quite eerie.

Then there are the identical twins/triplets who can finish each other's sentences.  One gets hurt, the other feels the pain, too.

Some things you can't explain.  I'm not saying whether I believe in psychics, seers, ghost whisperers, remote viewing or whatnot, but there are people in this life whose abilities, for want of a better word, are very difficult to explain.

Quoth the Bard:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 05:19:18 AM »
I think she should have seen this coming.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 06:31:12 AM »
I think she should have seen this coming.

::rimshot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 06:34:54 AM »
Years ago when I was a wee lad, my Mom woke up in the middle of the night.  She immediately called her sister hundreds of miles away who lived alone with, and took care of, my Grandma.  Without any preamble, she asked her sister, 'How's Mom doing?'  'She's fine, she's rest--, How did YOU know?'  My Mom never could explain how while she slept she knew, but she just knew her Mom had a heart attack.

One time when we were adults, my best friend and I shared the same dream.  I mean the same dream, down to the minutest details, with each of us being in the other's dream.  We were talking on the phone about a 'weird dream' we each had, and ended up finishing each other's descriptions of what transpired in that dream.  Only happened once, but it was quite eerie.

Then there are the identical twins/triplets who can finish each other's sentences.  One gets hurt, the other feels the pain, too.

Some things you can't explain.  I'm not saying whether I believe in psychics, seers, ghost whisperers, remote viewing or whatnot, but there are people in this life whose abilities, for want of a better word, are very difficult to explain.
Quoth the Bard:

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5

Deja Vu, the Heebie Jeebies...weird dreams...an occasional odd feeling about something/someone...those I can handle...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.