Author Topic: Peace in Our Time!! (;- D)  (Read 2423 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Peace in Our Time!! (;- D)
« on: November 23, 2013, 08:59:06 PM »
Iran, world powers reach historic nuclear deal
By Anne Gearan and Joby Warrick, Updated: Saturday, November 23, 9:08 PM

GENEVA — Iran and six major powers agreed early Sunday on an historic deal that freezes key parts of Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for temporary relief on some economic sanctions, diplomats confirmed.

The deal was reached after four days of marathon bargaining and an 11th-hour intervention by U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry and other foreign ministers from Europe, Russia and China. the sources said.

The agreement, sealed at 3 a.m. signing ceremony in Geneva’s Palace of Nations, requires Iran to halt or scale back parts of it nuclear infrastructure, the first such pause in more than a decade.

“We have reached an agreement,” Michael Mann, spokesman for European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said in a Twitter posting.

“Any agreement without recognizing Iran’s right to enrich, practically and verbally, will be unacceptable for Tehran,” Araghchi said, according to Reuters.
 ::)

::rolllaughing:: ::laughonfloor:: ::whoohoo::

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/kerry-in-geneva-raising-hopes-for-historic-nuclear-deal-with-iran/2013/11/23/53e7bfe6-5430-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_story.html
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: Peace in Our Time!! (;- D)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »
I still have that oceanfront property in Idaho......
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »
Iran, world powers reach historic nuclear deal
By Anne Gearan and Joby Warrick, Updated: Saturday, November 23, 9:08 PM

GENEVA — Iran and six major powers agreed early Sunday on an historic deal that freezes key parts of Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for temporary relief on some economic sanctions, diplomats confirmed.

The deal was reached after four days of marathon bargaining and an 11th-hour intervention by U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry and other foreign ministers from Europe, Russia and China. the sources said.

The agreement, sealed at 3 a.m. signing ceremony in Geneva’s Palace of Nations, requires Iran to halt or scale back parts of it nuclear infrastructure, the first such pause in more than a decade.

“We have reached an agreement,” Michael Mann, spokesman for European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said in a Twitter posting.

“Any agreement without recognizing Iran’s right to enrich, practically and verbally, will be unacceptable for Tehran,” Araghchi said, according to Reuters.
 ::)

::rolllaughing:: ::laughonfloor:: ::whoohoo::

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/kerry-in-geneva-raising-hopes-for-historic-nuclear-deal-with-iran/2013/11/23/53e7bfe6-5430-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_story.html

OMG!  Kerry channels Chamberlain.   ::puke::
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 10:06:59 PM »
Please change the channel. Please?

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »
Yeah the Germans weren't allowed to build battleships or an air force in the 1930s either.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »
Please change the channel. Please?

Something along the lines of the Reagan Network.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »
I could go for a piece in MY time.........  ::saywhat::  ::evil::  ::unknowncomic::

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
Heh...Victor Davis Hanson must've read our thread:

Peace for Our Time
By Victor Davis Hanson | November 24, 2013 1:02 PM

The Iranian agreement comes not in isolation, unfortunately. The Syrian debacle instructed the Iranians that the Obama administration was more interested in announcing a peaceful breakthrough than actually achieving it. The timing is convenient for both sides: The Obama administration needed an offset abroad to the Obamacare disaster, and the Iranians want a breathing space to rebuild their finances and ensure that Assad can salvage the Iranian-Hezbollah-Assad axis. The agreement is a de facto acknowledgement that containing, not ending, Iran’s nuclear program is now U.S. policy.

After all, to what degree would an Iranian freeze really retard development of a bomb, or simply put it on hold? In other words, has Iran already met some of its requirements for weaponization, and now simply wishes to take a breather, rebuild its economy, and strengthen its image in the West — before the final and rather easy development of a deliverable bomb? If the sanctions are not only lifted, but incentives are added in place of them, why then would Iran not agree to dismantle completely elements of its program that exceed domestic energy purposes? (Or for that matter, why would a nation with among the world’s largest reserves of gas and oil feel the need to fund an expensive nuclear energy program in the first place?)

Aside from the details of this new Sword of Damocles pact, one wonders about the following: In the case of violations, will it be easier for Iran to return to weaponization or for the U.S. to reassemble allies to reestablish the sanctions? Will Israel now be more or less likely to consider preemption? Will the Sunni states feel some relief or more likely pursue avenues to achieve nuclear deterrence? Will allies like Japan or South Korea feel that the U.S. has reasserted its old global clout, or further worry that their patron might engage in secret talks with, say, China rather than reemphasize their security under the traditional U.S. umbrella?

The president’s dismal polls are only a multiplier of that general perception abroad that foreign policy is an auxiliary to fundamental transformation at home, useful not so much to create international stability per se, as to enhance Obama influence in pursuing his domestic agenda. Collate reset, lead from behind, “redlines,” “game-changers,” ”deadlines,” the Arab Spring confusion, the skedaddle from Iraq, Benghazi, the Eastern European missile pullback, and the atmosphere is comparable to the 1979–80 Carter landscape, in which after three years of observation, the opportunists at last decided to act while the acting was good, from Afghanistan to Central America to Tehran.

There is not a good record, from Philip of Macedon to Hitler to Stalin in the 1940s to Carter and the Soviets in the 1970s to radical Islamists in the 1990s, of expecting authoritarians and thugs to listen to reason, cool their aggression, and appreciate democracies’ sober and judicious appeal to logic — once they sense in the West greater eagerness to announce new, rather than to enforce old, agreements.

http://nationalreview.com/corner/364735/peace-our-time-victor-davis-hanson
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 07:54:12 AM »
Well. that seals it!  Team Obama has virtually assured the Iranians nuclear status and guaranteed the next world war is ready for kick off.

Congratualtions America, you just helped kick off a murderous orgy that will claim tens of millions of lives.

Better go to Disney World now and celebrate before the incineration consumes all.

Stupid fothermuckers!!!   ::cussing::   ::gaah::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::viking::   ::cussing:: 

::upsidedownflag::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 06:54:19 PM »
This administration really does not like Israel do they (like I had to ask)

As Michael Ledeen says obama hates 3 things:

1.) The United States of America

2.) Capitalism

3.) Israel

Benjamin Netanyahu tweeted:

The agreement reduces the pressure on Iran w/o receiving anything tangible in return & the Iranians themselves say this deal saved them.

A profound sense of dismay is spreading among the Israeli people that they are watching the sunset of the golden years of the U.S.-Israeli alliance.LINK

Only can this administration make the impossible possible. Is a new Israeli/Arab with the Arab side of the alliance lead by the Saudi's brewing?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:03:32 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 10:07:34 PM »
This administration really does not like Israel do they (like I had to ask)

As Michael Ledeen says obama hates 3 things:

1.) The United States of America

2.) Capitalism

3.) Israel

Benjamin Netanyahu tweeted:

The agreement reduces the pressure on Iran w/o receiving anything tangible in return & the Iranians themselves say this deal saved them.

A profound sense of dismay is spreading among the Israeli people that they are watching the sunset of the golden years of the U.S.-Israeli alliance.LINK

Only can this administration make the impossible possible. Is a new Israeli/Arab with the Arab side of the alliance lead by the Saudi's brewing?

Genesis 12:1-3

American Standard Version (ASV)

1 Now Jehovah said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto the land that I will show thee: 2 and I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make they name great; and be thou a blessing; 3 and I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse: and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 06:11:50 AM »
OMG!  Kerry channels Chamberlain.

Indeed

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 07:11:16 AM »
OMG!  Kerry channels Chamberlain.

Indeed

Yes, but in this case...as bad as the Nazi's were (and they were plenty bad!!!) they were not an emerging nuclear power like Iran is...Kerry just did something I didn't think anybody could possibly do...become a bigger ignorant fool than Neville Chamberlain!

Oh, and at least Chamberlain's supporters had a semi-credible excuse for his foolishness (that it bought time for Britain to prepare for war, which it did not do very well because it had grown too weak and was too overstretched)...what's Kerry's excuse?  Emperor Obama willed it?!

Yeah, choke on that to your grave, fool!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 07:19:13 AM »
Just remember.  I hotlinked that pic before Drudge.

::pimp::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 07:27:36 AM »
Just remember.  I hotlinked that pic before Drudge.

::pimp::

::hat-tip::

This is good - American Held Hostage For 444 Days In Iran Calls Nuke Deal ‘Foolishness’, but what's he know?  He's only seen Achmedisajerk & Co up close and personal!

“It’s kind of like Jimmy Carter all over again,”

Worse my man, much much worse!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »
I think they all secretly watch here.  Many many times we scoop something, just to have Powerline, WZ, Hot Air and the like pick up, later.  Now Drudge.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »
Now for the original, unscrubbed image

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 11:45:29 AM »
Can ya go after 'em for not properly attributing the source?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »
I don't think you can, especially when anybody can strip it off.  No doubt the graphic designer types get really pissed with something of theirs goes viral, and don't get credit.  It's their livelihood.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 02:55:53 PM »
With the radio station added...