Author Topic: Air Force drops 'So Help Me God' from oaths  (Read 966 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Air Force drops 'So Help Me God' from oaths
« on: November 23, 2013, 01:35:07 AM »
Air Force drops 'So Help Me God' from oaths
By Todd StarnesTodd's American Dispatch
Published November 19, 2013FoxNews.com

The Air Force Academy has admitted they removed the phrase “so help me God” from three oaths in the 2012 edition of their official cadet handbook, Fox News has learned.

The revelation came after more than two dozen members of Congress sent a letter to Academy Supt. Lt. Gen. Michelle Johnson demanding that she explain why the phrase was removed.

The lawmakers contend the 2012 edition of the Contrails Cadet Handbook excludes the phrase ‘so help me God’ in the Cadet’s Oath of allegiance, the Oath of Office for Officers and the Oath of Enlistment.

Air Force Academy spokesman Maj. Brus Vidal told me the omission was a simple mistake.

“The Constitution does not require that this phrase be scrubbed from the oath,” read the letter drafted by Rep. Jim Bridenstein (R-Okla.) and signed by 28 lawmakers. “The First Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the establishment of religion’ however, the inclusion of the phrase ‘so help me God’ in an oath of service does not rise to this level.”

Bridenstein said “editing the oath for all Academy students is extreme and unnecessary, and does a disservice to the countless individuals who wish to include the phrase as a solemn reminder that they are pledging their fidelity to God and country.”

The Air Force is becoming the Air Farce with crap like this. What's happening at that academy?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/19/air-force-drops-so-help-me-god-from-oaths/?intcmp=latestnews
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Air Force drops 'So Help Me God' from oaths
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 06:57:22 AM »
This is not my father's Air Force.  Then again, this is not my Navy, not my uncle's Army or my cousins Marine Corps either!  Nor is this Our America!!

Sucks to have to live during the transition from a great nation to a God-forsaken banana republic without the banana's!   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::   ::cussing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 07:07:41 AM »
Sucks to have to live during the transition from a great nation to a God-forsaken banana republic without the banana's!   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::   ::cussing::

As our situation in this Country deteriorates, I have a better understanding of how Germany slid into the Hitler Cult of Personality, thanks to Owebama's Cult of Personality.  The main difference I see between us now and Germany then is that we have guns, for the nonce.  May the foresight of our Founders, and our aim, save us.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 11:31:03 AM »

As our situation in this Country deteriorates, I have a better understanding of how Germany slid into the Hitler Cult of Personality, thanks to Owebama's Cult of Personality.  The main difference I see between us now and Germany then is that we have guns, for the nonce.  May the foresight of our Founders, and our aim, save us.

Yes!

And Obama isn't the beneficiary of a nation financially and morally devastated by war...for that Obama had to run all the Cloward-Piven and Allinsky plays and create chaos and misery himself before he could ensalve the whole nation...and right now the Second Amendment is his only impediment.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 11:33:55 AM »
...and right now the Second Amendment is his only impediment.

It won't make any difference. How many will voluntarily surrender their firearms to his Gestapo? There'll be millions who will not!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.