Author Topic: Common Core assignment: The Constitution is outdated  (Read 1977 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Common Core assignment: The Constitution is outdated
« on: October 08, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »
This has to be stopped now, or a generation will be lost. I should say, another generation will be lost, but this time, not just lost, but fully ready to accept the death of this country.

Take blood pressure meds before reading.

Common Core assignment: The Constitution is outdated

BRYANT, Ark. – Welcome to the first day of civics class in the Common Core. Your first assignment? Revising the Bill of Rights in the U.S Constitution because it is an “outdated” document?

The worksheet says:

“You have been selected to work on a National Revised Bill of Rights Task Force. You have been charged with the task of revising and  editing the Bill of Rights… You will have to prioritize, prune, and add amendments.”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Common Core assignment: The Constitution is outdated
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:28:27 AM »
Anti-Common Core assignment - Brainstorm all the different ways you can think of to rid the planet of Constitution-loathing trash.

Now that's an assignment all real lovers of liberty should be able to get on board with!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »
just like everything else in this country we task people with doing things they have no understanding of in the first place

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:17:27 PM »
It goes further; the kids were/are not instructed that the Amendments are not changeable by committee, that there is an actual amendment procedure.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »
people think things can be changed because they want it to be changed
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 05:42:48 PM »
Anti-Common Core assignment - Brainstorm all the different ways you can think of to rid the planet of Constitution-loathing trash.

Now that's an assignment all real lovers of liberty should be able to get on board with!

::thumbsup::
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »
Common Core: Education from hell.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:54:16 AM »

Common Core: RE-Education from hell

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »

Common Core: RE-Education from hell

I stand corrected. ::thumbsup::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »
Never mind not knowing the answers to the questions. Soon no one will even remember the questions.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 04:40:14 PM »
Never mind not knowing the answers to the questions. Soon no one will even remember the questions.

Nor will they be allowed to ask it if one should pop into their brain.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 05:13:18 AM »
...and it's not just about revisionist history:

Just got back from a north Jersey Tea Party meeting re: Common Core Curriculum - wow - it dovetails with Agenda 21 - dumb down the population via poor educational standards & "import" scientists from overseas if needed (soon Algebra II will be the highest math taught in HS). Large Corps like Exxon driving/funding lower standards because "America needs worker bees, not geniuses" ..and parents asking questions @ Bd. of Ed meetings are treated like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQmUnisDEM

http://youtu.be/XEQmUnisDEM
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »

Just got back from a north Jersey Tea Party meeting re: Common Core Curriculum - wow - it dovetails with Agenda 21 - dumb down the population via poor educational standards & "import" scientists from overseas if needed (soon Algebra II will be the highest math taught in HS). Large Corps like Exxon driving/funding lower standards because "America needs worker bees, not geniuses" ..and parents asking questions @ Bd. of Ed meetings are treated like this:

Could that guy file assault charges against the security guard?
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »

Could that guy file assault charges against the security guard?

I'm guessing "yes" - that was in Baltimore - we have a Common Core meeting scheduled for the end of January which I'll be attending & at which i will ask similar questions.