Author Topic: Thanksgiving Weather  (Read 2280 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Thanksgiving Weather
« on: November 26, 2013, 07:30:31 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Thanksgiving Weather
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »
Starting here now

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
Starting here now

Where is "here," AP? We had a very light dusting last evening south of Chitbastago that immediately froze and made roads "dicey" this morning. Windy & cold now. And I still have to get the chains and plow on my tractor!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »
AP's in Pa. (iirc).  I'm in NC and it's raining, cold and miserable .... and I have to go out in it soon.   >:(
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 10:26:30 AM »
AP's in Pa. (iirc).  I'm in NC and it's raining, cold and miserable .... and I have to go out in it soon.   >:(

Thanks for the info. I like to know what part of the country in which people reside. One never knows if and when one may be passing through and suggest meeting for an adult beverage and/or a burger or other sammich.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 10:49:01 AM »
BIL drove back to NC from MI yesterday.  Haven't heard but hope he missed the nasty stuff.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »
It's yucky here, but we're not getting any snow. ::whoohoo:: I guess we still have to wait another 3-4 years like normal. Or longer. Global Warming and all....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 01:43:46 PM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 04:24:27 PM »
And rainy.  Did I mention rainy? 

We just got home; the general public escaped with their lives, but it was touch and go there for a couple people.   >:(
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 05:42:01 PM »

We just got home; the general public escaped with their lives, but it was touch and go there for a couple people.   >:(

I'm sorry, but I think that's hilarious. Asshat's not knowing just how close they came to the wrath of Pan!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »
In NC too.  Been 40 degrees and raining all day.  Tomorrow it turns into snow above 3,000 feet.  Should be the coldest Thanksgiving in a long time.  High in the 20s.  I hope it's a sign of how the winter is going to be, because I love a good brutal-ass winter.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 06:56:19 AM »

I'm sorry, but I think that's hilarious. Asshat's not knowing just how close they came to the wrath of Pan!

Yeah, I kinda got a chuckle out of that one too!  Folks gotta learn whose hackles not to raise, sometimes it's learned the hard way!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 07:00:02 AM »
In NC too.  Been 40 degrees and raining all day.  Tomorrow it turns into snow above 3,000 feet.  Should be the coldest Thanksgiving in a long time.  High in the 20s.  I hope it's a sign of how the winter is going to be, because I love a good brutal-ass winter.

Puts a tamper on the neerdowell's, eh? 

Have a comfy 7oF this morning, be in the 20's next few days then a slight warm up to the 30's this weekend, not all that unusual for this time of year, can sometimes have a little more snow.  But we're just here to help pass along some of that cool arctic air along to you folks south and east of us.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 07:55:57 AM »

If the temperature forecasts for Thursday are correct at about 48 degrees, this will be the first Thanksgiving in a long time that we won't have to open the kitchen window to counter the heat from the oven.

I'm on record as predicting we're gonna have a killer winter here.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24:40 AM »
I'm hoping Global Warming comes back.
It's been quite a while since we've had this kind of weather this early.
Lows in the low teens for a couple days.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 08:39:29 AM »
Supposed to be 28ยบ and sunny here tomorrow, with winds at 10mph. I was hoping it would be a little warmer, little calmer, but I'll take it.

Last year was my first year deep-frying the bird, and it frikkin RAINED on me, and we had to SKIP the turkey. I was devastated. After all the horror stories and videos, I just wasn't going to brave cooking it in the garage.

We made it the next day, but I was so bummed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 09:33:45 AM »

I do too, but with more snow than sub-zero temps. HOWEVER, those super cold temps kill off a lot of the vermin in this world - mice, rats, harmful insects, and while not necessarily vermin, all kinds of sick animals too, so we need some of that extended bitter cold.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 04:52:16 PM »

Glock try ice fishing on any of our lakes here in the winter, especially on our Northern lakes such as Rainy Lake in International Falls, Minnesota with no shelter sitting on a bucket with the wind howling and the actual air temps approaching -50 below with the wind chill reaching -60 or -70 more below.

Similar to this picture I got off the internet:

If you still like winter after this then I welcome you here with open arms (while I welcome you anyways but I really don't know if you would like it here especially now with the all the lefties running and messing up this state ) and you definitely belong in a cold weather state. 

DieHard "Starts on Frozen Lake" Commercial

For myself I Love Hot Weather!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:55:34 AM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 05:03:12 PM »
My BIL south of Buffalo, NY, woke up this morning to over a foot of snow.   ::winter::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »
Please keep all snow and cold temps north of I-20, please. ::evil::

Thomas Jefferson