Author Topic: Thanksgiving Weather  (Read 2316 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: Thanksgiving Weather
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »
17o now, supposed to be 34o tomorrow, high of 43o on Sunday. No precipitation forecasted until next Thursday night.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »
We had ice. Ice everywhere. I couldn't shop for Thanksgiving (or anything, I grocery shop on Saturday or Sunday for the week, holiday or not) because of ice on the roads.  Well, I could have, but for now, 1 meal is not worth my life or health.

I've storms. West Texas. Global warming my behind!
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 08:34:09 PM »
We had ice. Ice everywhere. I couldn't shop for Thanksgiving (or anything, I grocery shop on Saturday or Sunday for the week, holiday or not) because of ice on the roads.  Well, I could have, but for now, 1 meal is not worth my life or health.

I've storms. West Texas. Global warming my behind!

Can I watch?  ::evil::   ::evilbat::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 10:29:51 AM »
In NC too.  Been 40 degrees and raining all day.  Tomorrow it turns into snow above 3,000 feet.  Should be the coldest Thanksgiving in a long time.  High in the 20s.  I hope it's a sign of how the winter is going to be, because I love a good brutal-ass winter.

Glock try ice fishing on any of our lakes here in the winter, especially on our Northern lakes such as Rainy Lake in International Falls, Minnesota with no shelter sitting on a bucket with the wind howling and the actual air temps approaching -50 below with the wind chill reaching -60 or -70 more below.

Similar to this picture I got off the internet:

If you still like winter after this then I welcome you here with open arms (while I welcome you anyways but I really don't know if you would like it here especially now with the all the lefties running and messing up this state ) and you definitely belong in a cold weather state. 

DieHard "Starts on Frozen Lake" Commercial

For myself I Love Hot Weather!

Ice fishing at -50 F?  Hell, I don't need such an elaborate excuse to spend the day drinking :).  I do like winters to be appropriately cold. It annoys the hell out of me how the culture at-large projects this assumption that 70 degrees in January is some wonderful thing, i.e. the talking heads on the local news being almost orgasmic about it. Like oldcoastie said, the cold kills off a lot of bugs and other undesirables. When TSHTF the feral portion of humanity is less likely to be a problem in colder climates: they'll either die from it or go somewhere else.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly