Author Topic: filmingcops.com: The Murder of Kelly Thomas  (Read 3160 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
filmingcops.com: The Murder of Kelly Thomas
« on: November 26, 2013, 07:49:06 AM »
***Graphic video & audio @ link***

Police all across the country are losing the trust of citizens because of this behavior. I am not astute enough to know whether cops have always been like this, and the advent of handheld video is bringing it to our attention, or if this really is a severely escalating situation. Likely it is a bit of both. But regardless, something will change. It won't be a one-sided autonomous beatdown by police forever.

The Murder of Kelly Thomas
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: filmingcops.com: The Murder of Kelly Thomas
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »
I'm sorry; I couldn't watch anymore after the vid showed his poor wrecked face.

Animals!

The worm is going to turn; cops like this are going to get the street justice they warrant.

(I tried to read the comments, but some idiot threw the race card almost immediately and they descended into an argument about that.)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 09:51:06 AM »
I'm sorry; I couldn't watch anymore after the vid showed his poor wrecked face.

I don't blame you a bit, and I'm glad you were spared.

The first cop commenced beating without provocation. He could have had the man face down and cuffed within 5 seconds, but he chose to beat him instead. They beat him mercilessly with clubs as he pled for forgiveness (for doing nothing) and cried for his daddy. They tased him repeatedly, even after he was motionless. They beat his head with clubs after he was motionless. They had a cavalier attitude with (presumably) ambulance workers.

These so-called cops should be killed, now, today. First tortured, then killed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »
I do understand, but I don't.  Whywhywhywhy?!

I couldn't do it.  Not just "couldn't and live with myself"; could not.  If a body needs killing, just do it and get it over with.  But, this kind of inhumanity?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »
To your question IDP, I think this is more of a recent phenomenon. Sure, there's always been dirty cops, but when I was a kid the police still had the "Officer Friendly" reputation with most of the public, myself included, and I think it was warranted. I think it really began to change in the early 90s when the "war on drugs" had escalated to the point that local police were becoming increasingly militarized. And look where we are now.

Add to this the fact that police departments are on record as saying they avoid candidates with an IQ that is too high. They say it's because such people become easily bored, and I say BS. It's because they are cultivating a certain type, i.e. one with enough mental acumen to perform the job technically but incurious enough to just follow whatever order they're given. Police training materials have also been exposed where they teach them to be imperious toward citizens, in order to establish who's boss.

Every tyrannical regime requires an army of thug enforcers.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »
Yeah and how many cops does it take to kick a guys unarmed indefensible ass?  And how is it that one guy is charged with 2nd degree murder, one guy gets charged with manslaughter and that third asshole is charged with nothing?  If a few of us did that to a cop do you think it would be 2nd degree murder, manslaughter and zip?  Hell No!

People have to start putting these rabid thugs down...the only difference between these assholes and the average gang-banger is that the cop has a badge, a uniform and a state-provided gun and pension!

PS - Somebody needs to get that bloody face on a T-shirt and put "Remember Kelly Thomas" beneath it on the front and have pictures of the cops with "Wanted: Dead or Alive, for murder!" on the back and start handing them out all over the place!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:43:52 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »
The dynamic is going to change rapidly whenever "the event" finally occurs.  Their days of grinding random individual citizens under the boot heel will be over. "The best defense is a good offense" is a lesson lots of people will be taking to heart.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 07:25:17 AM »
When the event occurs they will learn what it is to experience what we've been experiencing...that there are no rights to person or property you have that I do not allow you given my own authority, that I do not have to treat you fairly or humanely...that I can beat you down or shoot as many rounds into you as I deem appropriate...they will not know who to trust and will be surrounded by people who do not trust them...the worm will have turned...

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 06:54:40 AM »
I remember the incident in Pittsburg, PA (I think) where a couple of cops beat a Black guy to death for driving an expensive car in a white neighborhood. I took one look at their booking pics and immediately determined the cops were weight lifters using steroids.

Yep. Roid Rage.

Check it out: "One out of Four Police take steroids."

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/1htgcn/steroid_drug_abuse_by_police_linked_to_roid_rage/
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 11:03:48 AM »
Those things still shrink your manhood into teeny little bits?  That has to help the rage too, eh?

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »
It's interesting that you bring up steroid use among police. I've noticed that even here in my little backwater county/town, that the police force has taken on more and more of a "superiority" type of personality and that most of them have bulked up tremendously in just a short period of time. It's almost undoubtedly 'roids. Also, we now have our very own SWAT/tactical unit. Also, our city cops now carry full auto AR's that even the VA State Police don't carry, at least in this district.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 04:11:49 PM »
It's interesting that you bring up steroid use among police. I've noticed that even here in my little backwater county/town, that the police force has taken on more and more of a "superiority" type of personality and that most of them have bulked up tremendously in just a short period of time.

Ours have bulked up, too. But it's all around the waist.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 04:29:56 PM »
It's interesting that you bring up steroid use among police. I've noticed that even here in my little backwater county/town, that the police force has taken on more and more of a "superiority" type of personality and that most of them have bulked up tremendously in just a short period of time.

::hysterical::

Seriously though, I doubt we have a police officer in any of the five "towns" in my county over 30-35 now. And they just about all hang out in the few gun shops around and just generally make nuisances of themselves. When they're in the store amd you are trying to buy ammo, etc., they snicker ans ask when you're gonna be on doomsday preppers... And I'm not talking a large purchase, either. Maybe a few bricks of .22 and a box or three of .40.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 06:21:11 PM »

::hysterical::

Seriously though, I doubt we have a police officer in any of the five "towns" in my county over 30-35 now. And they just about all hang out in the few gun shops around and just generally make nuisances of themselves. When they're in the store amd you are trying to buy ammo, etc., they snicker ans ask when you're gonna be on doomsday preppers... And I'm not talking a large purchase, either. Maybe a few bricks of .22 and a box or three of .40.

You're tagged now. They know who you are and where you live. You're screwed. ::speechless::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »
They'll probably find out that it is they who are screwed. Their fate will have them subject to either the righteous anger of freeborn citizens, or to the 2nd round clean up purges of the very regime they serve. They're already in a lose-lose scenario and don't even know it.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »
They'll probably find out that it is they who are screwed. Their fate will have them subject to either the righteous anger of freeborn citizens, or to the 2nd round clean up purges of the very regime they serve. They're already in a lose-lose scenario and don't even know it.

Largely true, there may be scattered liberty-minded folk who see it and it will be interesting to see if they just bail on their former compatriots in uniform (as I suspect, if only to protect themselves and their families) or reluctantly toe the state dictates?  But for most...they'll never feel so alone.

::smallestviolin::