Author Topic: New Guy From VA- fordguy_85  (Read 14639 times)

Offline fordguy_85

New Guy From VA- fordguy_85
« on: November 26, 2013, 03:14:57 PM »
Hello everyone, new guy here. My name's Eric Morgan and I am tired of the liberal indoctrination and what would seem to be the subversion of traditional American values upon which our great republic was built. Oh, you can thank AlanS for my being here ::thumbsup:: I saw the link in his siggy on another forum and came here to check it out.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: New Guy From VA- fordguy_85
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:19:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum Eric.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »
Welcome.  Yours is a familiar handle.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:12:13 PM »
 As is yours, Septugenarian ::thumbsup::
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »
Welcome FordGuy. Every opinion has value here. Except a few. Like mine.

Just kidding!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »
It's about time you showed up! Having trouble on the Canadian fishing site. ::unknowncomic::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
I know not of which you speak... ::whatgives:: ::rolllaughing::
Eric Morgan

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 06:55:38 PM »
It's about time you showed up! Having trouble on the Canadian fishing site. ::unknowncomic::

I can't even remember why I got banned there. It's on the tip of my brain.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 08:08:36 PM »

You got banned?  Mr. Diplomacy himself?  Jeeeeez.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 08:39:06 PM »
Brutal honesty will do that there.  ::eyes::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 09:01:44 PM »
Brutal honesty will do that there.  ::eyes::

Hell, it doesn't even have to be brutal. Just honest and right-of-center.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 09:31:35 PM »
It's like old home week over here. ::hysterical::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 10:16:28 PM »

My question is, how do you get banned from a fishing site? Disagree about which fly to use during the salmon run?

Welcome aboard to fordguy_85!
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 07:13:04 AM »

My question is, how do you get banned from a fishing site? Disagree about which fly to use during the salmon run?

Welcome aboard to fordguy_85!

They have a "general" forum where you discuss everything but fishing. Sometimes politics or social issues enter the arena and....well, you can guess from there.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 07:27:24 AM »
Welcome aboard FordGuy_85!

Hey IDP, what'd you do?  Call someone a progressive hoser?!   ::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 09:22:14 AM »
A couple of our members have that special way with words........the same effect as a sledge hammer has on an egg. And the reason I do not name names is, I do not wish to offend any of the sledge hammers by accidentally leaving them off the list, thereby wounding their pride. Might make them angry.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 09:47:05 AM »
Welcome aboard FordGuy_85!

Hey IDP, what'd you do?  Call someone a progressive hoser?!   ::hysterical::

I just can't remember, honestly. I know that whatever I said pissed somebody off enough to follow the link in my siggy to here, and that person breathlessly reported me to the Leftist admin there as being the proprietor of a "hate website". They copied out of context my tirade AGAINST the prolific use of the word "Nigga", where I overused it to prove the point that the double-standard is unacceptable. That was enough to do it, but I can't remember what I said in the first place that caused them to go searching.

I re-registered there under a different name, but unless I need specific info on boats, motors, fishing, or fishing gear, I don't bother visiting there for off-topic discussions anymore.

Well, sometimes... just for a quick jab...
 ::exitstageleft::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 09:53:28 AM »
I know that whatever I said pissed somebody off enough to follow the link in my siggy to here, and that person breathlessly reported me to the Leftist admin there as being the proprietor of a "hate website". They copied out of context my tirade AGAINST the prolific use of the word "Nigga", where I overused it to prove the point that the double-standard is unacceptable.

I remember that witchhunt well.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 10:50:29 AM »
It doesn't sound like much of a fishing site. I think they're fishing for something else.  ::thinking::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »
It doesn't sound like much of a fishing site. I think they're fishing for something else.  ::thinking::

It's actually the best resource I've found for fishing/boating info. Many experts on many different topics are members there. They have a general off-topic section to the forum, and that's where the sh*t goes down. The proprietor is a Canadian liberal with a gaggle of sniveling sycophants.

- Thomas Jefferson